[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turkey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1449061842061.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449061842061.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
Why is turkey poorer then, for example Bulgaria?

Turks didn't have communism and ww2 didn't wreck them. They benefit from being a US military base by both getting monies and military tech, yet they manage to have smaller earnings then countries that were 45 years under soviet occupation.

Why is that? I mean, I don't know their history so was there a war that destroyed a huge % of the wealth and structures in Turkey? Or maybe some sort of occupation that lasted very long?
>>
Koksal Baba did 9/11
>>
File: qbwvxFn.jpg (58 KB, 600x286) Image search: [Google]
qbwvxFn.jpg
58 KB, 600x286
simple answer
>>
Because K*rds are dragging us down
>>
Because turey spor isis
>>
>>57812242
>muh k***s

t. a t*rkroach
>>
>>57812211
>>57812242
So, dear Turks. It's just that you got Kurds? I mean Kurds seem to be a much smaller problem then being craterized, fully robbed and enslaved for 45 years.
>>
>>57811860
Corruption probably. People who compare us to Eastern European countries dont know Turkey was literally Africa tier until 1950s. Then we started slowly recovering but very slowly and by that I mean it was a vicious cycle of losing a ton by coups and stuff and after that developing a tiny bit
>>
>>57812275
that's an arbitrary number of years, what happened 45 years ago?

also
>craterized, fully robbed and enslaved
What? how so?
>>
>>57812319
Well finally a answer. I checked and it does seem like Turkeys economy was very bad in the 1950s and before that.

I didn't know about it and it changes a lot because now it makes it a story of succes.
>>
>>57812332
Communism in a big part of Europe happend and before that war.

That is why I was asking. Turkey did not suffer from both as much as, for example, Bulgaria, Romania or Hungary.

A good thing is that I got an proper answer from a real turk.
>>
>>57812470
What war happened in 1971?

My previous answer is not wrong and you also ignored my questions
>>
>>57812387
Yes it's in all reality a huge success that at last people are now comparing us to Eastern European countries. Which is why Erdogan's party is so successful even though people make it seem like he takes all the votes because of his Islamic stance which is partially true but it's just an extra for majority of the population.
>>
Turkey is richer than Bulgaria
kill me lads
>>
File: russiaroach_embassy.png (235 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
russiaroach_embassy.png
235 KB, 500x370
>>57811860
>>
>>57812518
>For 45 years
>"What war happened in 1971?"
You are fucking outrageously dumb.
>>
>>57812604
Kek

>>57812521
Well I di some reading and it seems that Turkeys GDP was 1/4th lower then Moroccos in 1950. We both know where Morocco is now and where Turkey is so I guess you guys were able to leave that part of the world far behind.
>>
>>57812688
When you look at it like that our current governments plans for future look more possible. They are planning to be in the top 10 economies by 2023. It's something like 2.5 trillion dollors according to them.

If they are actually able to achieve that I think that answers many of the fusses about Turkey and why it's such a controversial country for some people.
>>
>>57812626
why 45 years though? Kurds have been a part of the Turkish republic since its start, that's why I'm asking you what happened in 1971 that changed all of that started getting them "craterized, fully robbed and enslaved" as you put it
>>
>chicken thred
>no mehmet my son memes
>>
File: russian_roach.jpg (214 KB, 3728x2136) Image search: [Google]
russian_roach.jpg
214 KB, 3728x2136
Pyotr my son
>>
>>57813779
that roach is so hq I find it beautiful
>>
>>57812536
this
don't kill me tho
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.