[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it really a SJW language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12
File: tradukoj-direktoj.gif (9 KB, 591x334) Image search: [Google]
tradukoj-direktoj.gif
9 KB, 591x334
is it really a SJW language
>>
It's a meme language
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._L._Zamenhof

merely a coincidence
>>
>>57810681
>no representation from any LoC (Languages of Color)
White supremacist shitlord colonialist AmeriKKKa Nazi fascist trash
>>
>>57810785
So? Jews contribute a lot to society.
>>
>>57810809
You *can* put it that way I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvid-sv3kLI
>>
>>57810681
Not entirely. Some words are by default male.

Patro = Father
Patrino = Mother
Filo = Son
Filino = Daughter
>>
>>57811701
>Patro = Father
>Patrino = Mother
They could devise some new suffix/ending that's "neuter" for example -um
>Patrum = Parent(no gender)
I read a little about esperanto and the hebrews who made it purposely left out the second person singular noun because it "classicist/racist" or some weird reason. They could easily revise esperanto to catch up with ferminism.

Well they don't have to make an artificial Newspeak. Feminists already changed the way we use language and continue to do so. Stewardess nobody says anymore and words like fireman and other gendered words are going out the window.
>>
>>57811944

Also the fact that we no longer have a way to refer to an unknown individual, "he" used to be the gender-neutral word (same as how "man and "mankind" used to be gender-neutral terms), now we have to use "they" which is supposed to refer to a group ie "if anyone has any questions, they can speak now", which fucks up the English language even more than it already was
>>
File: 1449074682614.png (153 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1449074682614.png
153 KB, 351x351
>>57810681
>Romance language made by a slav

meh
>>
>>57810809
Whether or not what they contribute in aggregate is beneficial is all a matter of perspective.
>>
>>57812230
It's quite good though.
>>
>>57810681
What does the scheme mean?
>>
File: 1450251963524.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450251963524.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>57812318
you say that because he was polish
>>
File: boss tip.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
boss tip.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>I speak esperanto
>I know anything about esperanto
>I care about esperanto
>>
>>57812355
M-maybe

Funny fact: he's revered as a god by some sect.
>>
>>57812280
I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories. The disproportionate amount of Jewish contributions to science, philosophy, etc etc is truly remarkable.
>>
>>57810681
>Russian
>Polish

WTF, i hate esperanto now
>>
File: POHKEHMANS.jpg (66 KB, 564x652) Image search: [Google]
POHKEHMANS.jpg
66 KB, 564x652
>>57810681
Esperanto is a good idea and we should adopt it, just like we should abolish the 24 hour day and the 60 minute hour for some more logical scaling.
>>
>>57813169
How is the 24 hour day and 60 minute hour illogical? And I think Esperanto is only intended to be a lingua franca, it's not supposed to replace people's native language.
>>
>>57813203
Unlike ancient Mesopotamians, we use base 10.
>>
>>57813203
one'd think that Sumerian base-60 won't survive these 5000 years or so
>>
File: Satans Bike.jpg (78 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
Satans Bike.jpg
78 KB, 400x346
>>57813203
We don't have a 12-based number system, so it's historical shit to keep it in our time-measuring. Just like the rest of the world thinks that inches and feet and pounds (...) are a stupid way to enumerate things.
>>
>>57813293
Wouldn't we have to redo our coordinate system if we switched to a base 10 clock? I mean it's doable, but I don't think learning how a clock/time works is hard enough to warrant switching.
>>
>>57813365
the sooner the better
>>
>>57813375
If we switch, I think the impetus for it will be when we finally start putting humans on other planets and we need to create a standard time/coordinate system for those planets. Once that happens people will want to be consistent and switch to base 10 on earth.
>>
>>57813444
you're a clueless fuck

any systematic change of anything, be it measure system or language, happens because government issues it and indoctrinates children to follow the new rules

it takes about 2 to 3 generations to fully forget old shenanigans and only irrelevant basement dwellers with Dixie flags will keep bitching (ignored by more valuable part of the society)
>>
>>57810681
It sounds like Italian with rules took from Slavic languages, which were eased by removing all unnecessary shit they have. Even easier than Scandinavian languages and English.
>>
>>57813332

It has pretty much to do about easy divisibility.
Easy division on integer numbers, let alone floating point numbers wasn't available before the slide rule in the 17th century.

60 is easily divisible by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc.
24 is easily divisible by 2, 3, 4, 6.

Same thing for the old currencies divisible by 12 or 24.

Eggs are sold grouped by 6 or 12, and not 10, for a reason, too.
>>
>>57813169
Ja komrade
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_calendar
It's so logical it got rid of sunday. pesky goyim day
>>
>>57810681
Does it have Russian in it?
>>
File: NoodleAsshole.webm (974 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NoodleAsshole.webm
974 KB, 1280x720
>>57813722
then use a 2-based numbering sheme - that would be acceptable aswell.
>>57813746
So how is a 6-day week more logical then a 7-day week? Oh, exactly nowhere - you're just running out of arguments and spewing shit everywhere. I'd agree to a 10-day week though.
>>
>>57810681
>subhuman and cuck languages unite
Ultimate subhuman cuck language.
>>
>>57813203
>it's not supposed to replace people's native language
People who say this come off as cucks for some reason. Like they think their girlfriend vacationing in the caribbean is just there for the sun.
>>
>itt decafreaks

YO CAN YOU HANDLE MY TENS? HNGGGG? IM TOO STUPID TO COUNT IN TWOS SO I INVENTED A COMPLETELY ARBITRARY SYSTEM BASED ON H O W M U C H F I N G E R S I HAVE, PRETTY COOL HUH? DAMN IF TENS WERE MORE COOL ID FUCK MY DAD IN THE ASS WAIT WHAT ARE THERE ANY HEXABABIES HERE? haha HIGH TIME YOU LEARNED SOME SCIENCE YOU CUM AFFICIONADOS TEN IS THE NEW BLACK

IF YOU AIN'T IN TENS THERE'S NO FUCKING SENSE TO YOUR EXISTENSE
>>
File: Are you questionmark.jpg (52 KB, 600x604) Image search: [Google]
Are you questionmark.jpg
52 KB, 600x604
>>57813927
So you prefer murrica scaling?
>>
>>57813648
>It sounds like Italian with rules took from Slavic languages
It sounds Marxist too.
>>
File: Cuck.jpg (439 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cuck.jpg
439 KB, 1200x1000
>>57813858
The reason most Esperanto speakers only want it to be a lingua franca and not replace people's native language is because they want to preserve all the different languages/cultures being wiped out by bigger languages. Which makes sense, when the lingua franca is easy to learn, people have less reason to teach their children the official/national language over their traditional one. It really is quite sad how many cultures are dying due to urbanization and globalization.
>>
File: antirad is superior.jpg (82 KB, 479x680) Image search: [Google]
antirad is superior.jpg
82 KB, 479x680
>>57813966
Name one disadvantage from unifying languages so people can talk to each other more easily?
>muh culture
>muh heritage
>>
>>57814034
.Culture
.Heritage
>>
>>57810681
How can an auxlang be SJW? It's just a language based on european languages for international communication.
>>
>>57814105
These are stupid and emotional reasons. But sadly most of the world would agree with you.
>>
>>57814218
found the jew
>>
>>57814243
oh i must be jewish because i think practical
way to go m8
>>
>>57814024
so why would esperanto somehow change that? like, why would people just not teach their kids esperanto instead
>>
>>57814262
except you don't thin practical you fucking jew

nations have different interests and language helps to preserve them
>>
>>57814281
Because Esperanto is so easy to learn that learning, say, Hausa and Esperanto would be easily doable, but learning Hausa and English would be significantly harder and more parents would primarily teach their children English because it is the official language of Nigeria.
>>
>>57814345
languages in general are easy for children to learn, it would n't change a whole lot. especially since you'd be teaching them organically, not through a classroom.

the ease of the language has little to do with it, it has to do with "do i bother teaching them this language when it won't be relevant to them compared to the other one?" and the answer is no, they wouldn't. unless they cared about passing on their culture in which case they would do it whether the other language was english or esperanto.
>>
>>57814345
>Hausa
>not Swahili

pleb
>>
>>57814289
If you want your neighbor as an enemy that's probably true.
For instance:
I'd say the first world war would have been fought less brutal if the soldiers had understood each other, and as far as i'm concerned - killing people is a bad thing.
If communication is made more easily cultures grow together, of course /pol/ doesn't want that because le white race meme should basically kill all subhuman skum xxxDDDD.
>>
>>57814394
But urbanization means that they'd only be learning English organically. A lot of children are not being taught their traditional languages because of rapid urbanization causing people of all sorts of different cultures to live in the same city.
>>
>>57814446
you're not even aware of how ww1 was fought you fucking idiot

most soldiers didn't want to fight and avoided shooting at the other side as long as it was only possible, also tried taking prisoners if possible

are you even aware of the night patrol tradition? during the night soldiers went over the top to check their fortifications, carry corpses and salvage the remains - if the enemy saw them, they acted like nothing happened
>>
File: 1457466555586.jpg (88 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1457466555586.jpg
88 KB, 900x600
>>57814289
Nations have no interests. Their elite does. And their interests go against people's interests. And having one common language that would be easy to learn even for completely retard would be in interest of people.
>>
>>57814494
oh well? first of all you still haven't adequately explained how esperanto over english changes this, and secondly, death of languages happens over time naturally. it just happens, languages rise and fall and things change, especially as one language rises in importance so it becomes prudent to learn it. does it suck? maybe, but it'll happen unless you utterly segregate different cultures and languages. same thing with loanwords.
>>
>>57814345
>Not supporting the Republic of Biafra

Fula invader detected
>>
>>57814511
there's no such thing as "people"
>>
>>57812417
How is that possible
>>
>>57814495
Ok, maybe wwi was a bad example - but you failed to answer why a unified language is a bad thing.
>>57814608
"the average opinion in a certain group of people"?
>>
>>57814693
unified language policy is a modern invention as language was always a continuum and only skilled people could speak the capital language when necessary

it's a fucking sociotechnic tool that tends to marginalise regions - especially Germans should understand that with their "hurr it's Bavaria not Germany" autism
>>
>>57814776
Well - marginalisation is a bad thing - no?
>hurr it's Bavaria not Germany
I don't know a single person who means this seriously.
>>
>>57814557
I don't think we'll ever agree. Esperanto is so easy to learn it's like not even learning a second language if you start young enough. English is so complicated you have to spend years in school learning the spelling and grammar and all that. That's why people choose not to pass down two languages, because when both are hard people see less reason to do it.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.