[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French identity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: french_u21_national_team.jpg (225 KB, 594x410) Image search: [Google]
french_u21_national_team.jpg
225 KB, 594x410
I'm curious about the french identity, I've got the impression that its somewhat like the American these days? As in; french as an ethnic group doesnt exist but all people in France who speak french and support democracy are frenchmen?
>>
I'm curious about the New Zealand identity, I've got the impression that its somewhat like the American these days? As in; Kiwi's as an ethnic group doesnt exist but all people in New Zealand who speak English and support the all blacks are Kiwis?
>>
>>57808618
>french as an ethnic group doesnt

Care to elaborate?
>>
>>57808833
Its an impression I've got when I've spoken to french people. As in everyone is french, that its more about culture and citizenship and nothing about actual roots and blood.
>>
>>57808879
muh heritage
>>
>>57808933
Yeah you wouldnt understand newworld fag.
>>
>>57808682
>>57808833
>>57808879
>>57808933
>>57809095
Oooh

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching, but
You're too shy to say it
Inside, we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

(Ooh, give you up)
(Ooh, give you up)
Never gonna give, never gonna give
(Give you up)
Never gonna give, never gonna give
(Give you up)

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching, but
You're too shy to say it
Inside, we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
>>
I'm curious about the meme identity, I've got the impression that its somewhat like the Oldfag these days? As in; memesters as an ethnic group doesnt exist but all people on /int/ who allude to old memes and support dankness are memesters?
>>
>>57809095
So whenever a new worlder talks about their roots it's "muh heritage" but when a European does it it's no problem. Doesn't feel nice does it? I guess I just wouldn't understand.
>>
>>57808879
This is actually the core idea of the French Republic. No roots, no continuity of the nation by the perpetuation of the generations.

The nation exists because the citizens pledge to the values of the Republic.

Ethnic French nowadays experience the fact that this idea is a complete utopia. Especially since the so call values of the Republic, supposed to be the only link between citizens, are not even enforced anymore.

No surprise if some deluded french people told you that since it's more or less what we are taught to from the crib
>>
>>57809630
I never write "muh heritage", at least not when the new worlders are 100 % of something. Quite the opposite, I think those that arent 8,33 % x12 mutts should embrace their ethnicity.

The people in Minnesota that are of a 100 % Swedish background are more Swedish to me than children born here by immigrant parents.
>>
>>57809793
Ok good
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.