[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>let them eat cake What did she mean by this? Why did the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: le let them eat cake woman.jpg (43 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
le let them eat cake woman.jpg
43 KB, 768x432
>let them eat cake

What did she mean by this? Why did the French revolution happen if cakes were widespread and available as a staple food product to the working class?
>>
>>57804104
Because they wanted to eat cake
>>
she never said that
>>
>>57804104
Jews jacked up the price of cake making it prohibitively expensive to buy after she said that.
>>
>for anglos, brioche = cake

kek
>>
>>57804104
people complained they lacked bread. so she said let them eat cake. the statement represented how disconnected the royals were from reality.
>>
>>57805157
Why are you explaining this? Obviously that was a joke-thread. Why don't you have any sense of humour, Canada?
>>
>>57804104
She was eating cakes that had sugar in them, so she thought that everyone would love to eat nothing but cake. The working class didn't have access to sugar, so they were pissed that she wanted them to eat shitty food
>>
>>57805157
she probably never said that anyway

she was still a capricious cunt who had no idea about anything in the country and who thought only of playing her little games without knowing how insaly expensive they were
>>
>>57804104
Because cakes are really unhealthy anon, you don't want to eat sweets all your life.
>>
>>57807869
you mean exactly like the wives/gf/mistress of your president and all former presidents?
>>
>>57804104
Ayylmao
>>
>>57805157
Propaganda desu
>>
File: marie antoinette.jpg (20 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
marie antoinette.jpg
20 KB, 500x268
Was it accurate?
>>
File: La Rose de Versailles.jpg (72 KB, 495x500) Image search: [Google]
La Rose de Versailles.jpg
72 KB, 495x500
>>57804104
not cakes but chocolates according to a marketing ad here, just 300Yen for each bag
>>
>>57804104
Can someone explain this fucking quote to me? I have yet to see it explained in a way that pleases me.
>>
>>57812707
Here is a hint. She knew they didnt have brioche.
>>
>>57812707
That's because it is terribly translated.

First brioche is not really cake, it's more of some kind of cake-y bread.

When told "the people have no bread anymore to eat" she (did not) replied "they should eat brioche then"
>>
>>57805104
Here they use "cakes" (пиpoжныe) too when say the phrase.
>>
>>57804104
She fucking never said that
>>
File: marie antoinette.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1687) Image search: [Google]
marie antoinette.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1687
Would you ?
>>
>>57804104

Because people feared diabetes too much.
>>
>That's a big cake
>For you
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>57805157
You just don't get it properly, stupid leaf hate you, then it was a law, bakers should sell cakes for price of bread if they out of bread.
>>
I really, really enjoy chocolate cake.

Merely an honest admission.
>>
>>57807869
She was a literal child
>>
>>57808969
Yes, would seed
>>
>>57817016
She was going to crash the country.
>>
>>57817090
With how many bourgeoisie survivors?
>>
>>57807869
>a capricious cunt
Thermidorian/Montagnard propaganda

>who had no idea about anything in the country
Not her fault, she had a very poor education and the French court (who despised her) did nothing to educate her

>who thought only of playing her little games without knowing how insaly expensive they were
Are you twelve ?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.