[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /int/ This board seems to be a mix between /b/ and /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1460489432990s.jpg (6 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
1460489432990s.jpg
6 KB, 250x140
Hey /int/

This board seems to be a mix between /b/ and /pol/ so hopefully this won't be too out of place.

I've got a Romanian SKS and there seems to be an "LK" carved into the stock. I asked on /k/ what it could mean, thinking it's initials or abbreviation for something in Romanian. One anon said this:

">Romanian SKS
>"LK" marking
actually Anon, these markings show that this rifle (or at least the stock) is a rare Soviet firing port-version of the SKS designed for use in the "Лyнный кopaбль" capsule. Very rare find you have there, good luck with it"

And he hasn't replied back since. I googled it and it's got something to do with space landing craft as far as I can tell. Now I'm not saying this is bullshit, but it seems like it from my POV since if it's a Russian carving why is the "L" not "Л"?. Can any Russians or Romanians elaborate on this? Or someone who knows what it means? I don't speak Russian, I'm learning, but can't speak very much yet, google translate spit out gibberish on the few sites that had related info.
>>
>6 KB, 250x140
>>
File: IMAG0016.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0016.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>57795257
>>
>>57794182
its an old shitty gun that was owned by a guy with the intials "LK"

its has never been in romania but has sat in the guy you bought it off craigslists hunting cabin for 20 years.
>>
carvings doesn't look old
check the stamp, it must tell you how old this thing
>>
>>57795533
>its an old shitty gun that was owned by a guy with the intials "LK"
Must be a Leon Kennedy from residen evil.
>>
>>57795533
>implying it doesn't have Romanian serials and markings
>implying a cynical bong would know anything on this topic

>>57795662
The serials are from 1960 and the manufacturer is Cugir, it's got two sets of serials, which is rare since most Romanian SKS' are mixmasters. The rifle was a safe queen before I bought it, so that could have something to do with it. I'll upload more pics if you want.
>>
>>57796076
not sure if I can really help you with this, you better find that guy who told you that
for me it doesn't make any sense
Why cosmonauts should use firearms in space? And if yes, then why it should be long SKS instead of something short? And if SKS then why it should be romanian one? I smell dumb shit about that whole theory.
>>
>>57797542
Thanks for trying. And yeah I'm pretty sure its bullshit but I figured it'd be worth a shot if it told me anything about my gun.
>>
>>57797787
It is bullshit. The soviets only ever carried markarovs (sp?) And this weird shotgun pistol type thing into space.
>>57797542
You did bring guns into space. Because you people are fucking weird.
>>
>>57794182

Romanians don't really use K in their alphabet, but if it's an initial marking maybe they could. Probably some faggot who was the previous owner inscribd it. Maybe he was Hungarian, Laszlo Kovacs or something.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.