[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turkey to Launch Space Agency in 3 Months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
>ANKARA, Turkey — Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said Turkey will formally launch the Turkish Space Agency within the next three months.

>The agency will be tasked with coordinating all of Turkey’s space and aerospace programs and will be located in Kazan, a township near Ankara.

>A procurement official familiar with the effort said the space agency's basic work will concentrate on satellite technology, satellite launching systems, space stations and deep space research.

>Ankara has drafted a will for the Turkish Space Agency that will head to the cabinet for approval before being debated by Parliament.

>Transport Minister Binali Yildirim said the governmental effort for the agency was the joint work of the Turkish military General Staff, Defense Ministry, and the Science, Industry and Technology Ministry.

>“We have studied similar legal framework in the United States (NASA’s), Japan, Germany and France. Our legal framework will be special to Turkey’s needs,” Minister Yildirim said.

>Turkey also is working on plans to build a satellite-launching station. The procurement official said Datca, on Turkey’s southwestern coast, and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, a breakaway Turkish state recognized only by Turkey, are two potential locations for the station.

Is Turkey the new Ottoman Empire? Will Anzu get to go to space?
>>
>>57793898
Mehmet my son....
>>
turey literally suppor international space station
>>
File: Terrorformars.png (472 KB, 640x380) Image search: [Google]
Terrorformars.png
472 KB, 640x380
>>57793898
Are they going to colonise Mars as I hear that does not end well.
>>
>>57794582
KEK
>>
>>57794802
Don't fucking respond to me you fucking piece of dark green dry shit.
Go to hell to suck satan's dick like pissmarck
>>
File: turk.jpg (20 KB, 240x147) Image search: [Google]
turk.jpg
20 KB, 240x147
>>
File: 1457360020776.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1457360020776.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
>tfw Kebab Space Station will be built in your lifetime
>>
>>57793898
it's just a cover for our ballistic missile programme. .
>>
>>57794774
>turks go to mars
>turks turn into niggers
didn't know that mars was the ruhr-pott
>>
>>57794774
>Terrastan
>white

KEK
>>
File: space-roach.jpg (129 KB, 700x408) Image search: [Google]
space-roach.jpg
129 KB, 700x408
>>
>>57796926
>turks go to mars
>turks turn into turkroaches

It all makes sense now.
>>
>>57794774
JOHJ
>>
File: 1460400423761.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460400423761.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>mfw intergalactic ottoman empire will be built in this millenia
>>
>>57793898

The AKP has fucked research up the ass; the space program is going to result in nothing more than a potato cannon.
>>
>>57798945
>>57798945
>The AKP has fucked research up the ass
explain?
>>
File: fft5_mf135754.jpg (35 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
fft5_mf135754.jpg
35 KB, 450x300
>>57799045
They fucked with TÜBİTAK, the most visible example being the Darwin cover change of the official magazine.

There was also leadership changes I remember being told about, but you can just go [citation needed] and ignore the probability that backward-ass demagogues do not care for science.
>>
>>57793898
my opinion of turkey has changed 360 degrees
>>
This will make Israel very butthurt I think. They threw a rage fit last time Turkey launched a spy satellite.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/new-turkish-satellite-could-publish-uncensored-images-of-israel-1.348361
https://www.rt.com/news/turkey-satellite-israel-secrets-105/
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/security/2014/06/turkey-retaliation-spy-satellite-launch-israel.html#

Hmm maybe that's why the media has turned so much on Erdogan these last years.
>>
Probably the rocket will get blown up by ISIS on the launch pad.
>>
>>57799919
>Until now, only the Americans had the technology capable of taking satellite images greater than two meters per pixel resolution, and American law stopped US companies from distributing the pictures. Washington shares Israel’s security concerns and abides by the wishes of its key Middle East ally.

>This means even with Google Earth one can zoom into Israel only so far, explains Gerald Steinberg, professor of political science at Bar-Ilan University. “If you try to look at specific parts of Israel, many of them will come out blurrier than any other place in the world that I have checked,” he told RT.

>But that is about to change. Turkey is putting the finishing touches to a military satellite it plans to launch within the next two years. The Gokturk satellite will be capable of taking the very pictures Tel Aviv does not want distributed, and there are no American-style legal qualms in Turkey about upsetting its photo-sensitive neighbor.

oy vey
>>
Cochroaches In Space

Coming to a theatre near you!
>>
File: tumblr_nqcs1alTPj1ririjeo1_500.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqcs1alTPj1ririjeo1_500.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
clever
>>
they took meme magic too literally

turkey support ISS now
>>
>>57800223
>>57800571
In space...

No one can hear you squish
>>
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I LITERALLY HAD A DREAM ABOUT THIS LAST NIGHT
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.