[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Turks have held onto Europe's holiest city for almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Smug Kebab.jpg (254 KB, 1298x1316) Image search: [Google]
Smug Kebab.jpg
254 KB, 1298x1316
>Turks have held onto Europe's holiest city for almost 500 years now
>now they are taking over Berlin
>Europoors are too weak to do anything about it
Is it hard to learn Turkish? I want to be a part of this glorious civilization.
>>
>>57784373
a bit

regards
a turk
>>
>>57784373
>holiest city
no
>>
>>57784373
I would be more okay with the Ottoman empire rising again than I would be with living in a world where the EU is entirely cucked by libruls
>>
>>57784373
>holiest city

vatican?
>>
File: 01ASVP34.jpg (175 KB, 493x776) Image search: [Google]
01ASVP34.jpg
175 KB, 493x776
Ho do we get more of these in our country and less of...
>>
>>57784373
>Is it hard to learn Turkish?
it seems to be easy for Japanese people. (Turks can acquire Japanese skills easily too)
But I'm not sure how it's hard for Indo-European language speakers, and it's very different from Indo-European languages in grammar and pronunciation..
>>
File: 1460399030169.gif (528 KB, 276x305) Image search: [Google]
1460399030169.gif
528 KB, 276x305
>>57784373
>mfw the armies of the huns, seljuks, ottomans all failed to take over europe
>mfw in 2016 we are literally taking over europe with refugees&kebab and middle-east with tv shows
did you hear that germany will persecute the guy who read an offensive poem on television and that he might be jailed for 3 years?
what a time to be fucking alive
>>
>>57785426
an offensive poem about erdogan*
>>
Constantinople was a second-rate Rome. Orthodox greeks were punished by G_d for their apostasy.
>>
>>57785501
>protestant
>>
>>57785194
Genocide.
>>
File: manga-altair-nouveau-glenat.jpg (104 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
manga-altair-nouveau-glenat.jpg
104 KB, 1200x630
>>57785501
well it was the capital of the empire since 300s, also mehmed had plans to take rome as well
ottomans had started probing italy with small forces, took two cities if i am not mistaken and left afterwards for the lack of supplies
if mehmed had lived(he was probably poisoned) for another 10-20 years ottoman empire would have probably expanded into the italian peninsula
>>
File: 3uxjvwb0.jpg (42 KB, 604x403) Image search: [Google]
3uxjvwb0.jpg
42 KB, 604x403
>>57784373
It's like playing a game of Civilization.
>can't win with military because opponent is light years ahead of you
>claim cultural victory with kebab
>>
>>57786239
It's like playing a game of Civilization when you're shit.
>not playing USA
>not using military might, cultural colonization, and making the UN do what you want
>tfw I play Civ as America simulator
>>
>>57785993
You struggled against Albania,and you think that you could have beaten a christian coallition with Spain and possibly France?
>>
>>57784373
>>Turks have held onto Europe's holiest city for almost 500 years now
Those feels man. I was in Constantinople last October. Seeing the Hagia Sophia all kebabed up just bring a tear to your eyes. As you walk through, it is as of you can still hear the screams of the byzantine women being raped as the kebab hordes pillaged the church.
>>
>>57786551
well that actually happened more than once
one such event was when the ottomans moved for the invasion of cyprus a holy league from spanish empire, venice, naples, papal states, sicily, genoa, tuscany, savoy and urbino was formed to fight the ottomans
the holy league won a decisive sea battle against the ottomans but were unable to stop the invasion of cyprus
>>
>>57787446
Comparing Cyprus with Italy is retarded. Italy is in the heart of Europe,and half of it belonged to Spain. Cyprus is on the backyard of Turkey, on top of that the ottomans failed sieges like Malta,which again should have been a swept. An Ottoman invasion of Italy would have been a total failure.
>>
>>57787590
well a lot of the time europeans focus on the sieges ottomans lost and instead of looking at the sieges they won as well. they were successful in warfare, that is why they were able to conquer so much land

mehmed's time was the golden age of the empire, they could have taken cities in italy easily(and they actually did).
i don't know about going all the way to rome though, but it was certainly possible
pope himself prepared plans to evacuate rome in case the ottomans attacked italy
>>
>>57787956
Most of the succesful sieges were against weak kingdoms and micro-nations. Really,Italy is not close enough to Turkey,to have an even remote chance of being conquered. Hell,the Ottomans failed in Viena which had a border with parts of its empire, How the hell would they be able to defeat Spain in its own territory,when they were too far apart?
>>
>>57788163
>always against weak kingdoms and micronations
this is the excuse europeans use when talking about ottomans, most of those kingdoms were weakened by the turks, like byzantines
ottomans fought more than one european power at once multiple times, are you suggesting that they were a weak state?
ottomans failure in vienna(twice) has many other reasons as well

also here, the small probing attempt into italy by an ottoman governor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prYMpNzGAU8
if mehmed had not died this would have been followed by a full-scale invasion
also italy is not far from the balkans
>>
>>57788668
When I mean weak kingdoms I mean small balkan kingdoms or Hungary. Your video was just a bunch of raiders. If they ever where serious,a coallition would be formed,and the ottomans would be stomped.
>>
>>57788668

>Poland saves Europe from the Ottomans
>gets repaid by getting overrun

Leave Poland and the Vatican alone and you can have the rest of Europe, they deserve it.
>>
>>57788991
a coalition was formed, by spain and papal states and a bunch of smaller nations, but as it says in the video mehmed died before there was a proper campaign attempt
venice also refused to join the coalition
>ottomans would be stomped
ooh i can feel the butthurt
>>
>>57789658
It is not the same raiding some minor cities to fighting the home of the pope mate. If France,Spain and the HRE fought together it would have been a stomped.
>>
>>57791773
if you think france, spain and hre would have coalitioned against the ottomans you are a fool
france would have probably gone to war on its own with some european powers for clay, like it did in the great turkish war lol
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.