[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://thuleanperspective.com/2014 /06/09/about-european-mo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: varg vikernes the church.jpg (220 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
varg vikernes the church.jpg
220 KB, 500x400
https://thuleanperspective.com/2014/06/09/about-european-morals/

>One thing that is rather odd, is that Christians seems to think that they have some sort of monopoly on morals and good behaviour, that the Europeans before the Christianisation were just a bunch of amoral lunatics, raping, killing, pillaging, drinking and having no moral attitudes or self discipline whatsoever. They are often Christians because they are good and moral themselves (they are Europeans in blood after all), and wrongly believe that they need to take the consequence of that and therefore become or remain Christians. They know no other good and moral alternative.

>Well, I have no problems with what is perceived as traditional ‘Christian’ values and morals: loyalty, family values, kindness, honesty, self discipline (or ‘moderation’) etc.. But let me be perfectly clear: these are not ‘Christian’ values! These are values the Christians adopted from Paganism – or rather kept – when they were Christianized. You can even argue that these are values they kept in spite of the Christianisation: these are the European values the Judeo-Christians failed to eradicate, when they created the Christian cult to destroy Rome (and later the rest of Europe).

>As a Pagan European I am not the opposite of Christian Europeans. My problem with them is not their morals, but their embrace of an international and racist religion bent on mixing all races and destroying all cultures and religions on this planet – and replace them all with just ‘Christians’ (of any race or any mix) and Judeo-Christian culture. They have done their best to destroy our European culture for more than a thousand years, and they still try to complete this task.

Based Varg
>>
paganism is even more fedora than atheism tbqh

Christians may not save europe from isl*m but neither will some autistic LARPers.
>>
>>57765448
>hurr durr LARP re-enactment tolkien fantasy roleplay *tips viking helmet*
Every time. Why don't you piss off, m8?
>>
>>57767085

easy there Anders
>>
>>57767085
he isn't wrong though
>>
>>57765269
Please keep posting these, I have a good laugh every time
>>
>>57767114
>people who practice certain religions are diagnosed role-players
Nice meme
>>
Ironically, he's like one of those pan-africanists, in that he completely disregards objective truths as lies. Where the person into pan-africanism writes off recorded history as lies made by White people, Varg believes Christians are an evil organization that completely rewrote history in their favor. He believes the Pagans were a near perfect group of humans who were perfectly intune with nature, and possessed super human abilities. They were stronger, faster, and never developed a writing system because their memory was so great. Yet somehow were completely wiped out by da ebil Christians.
>>
>>57767397
He's right though when speaking that Christians want to wipe out all cultures and religions on this planet and to replace them with their own. The question is, would this be beneficial for an individual or not.
>>
>>57767397
>completely rewrote history in their favor
Not so much as redressing Euro culture and religions in Christian clothing. Everything's been nicked.

>who were perfectly intune with nature
Yes?

>never developed a writing system
What did he mean by this?

>Yet somehow were completely wiped out by da ebil Christians.
It wasn't easy. I can't speak for all of Europe, but here in Scandiland it started with converting power hungry kings and jarls who saw new business opportunities in trading with Christened lands. But kings cannot bear a different faith than the people which he governs, can he, so the forced christianization began. Forcing with death threats, luring with re-clothing heathen events with Christian meanings etc
All in all it took several hundred years and these lands were still not fully converted.
>>
christian mythology is gay shit desu
>>
>>57767397
>Yet somehow were completely wiped out by da ebil Christians
christianity was forced on europe by european kings because Rome bribed them
for the kings it was a simple business move to get wealth and power, and at least in scandinavia the average plebeian could either convert to christianity or get his head chopped off

christians are literally isis
>>
>>57765269
>Europeans before the Christianisation were just a bunch of amoral lunatics, raping, killing, pillaging, drinking
Well, some of them actually were.
Read the Anabasis.
That was considered a good role model for soldiers.
>>
>>57767990
>But kings cannot bear a different faith than the people which he governs, can he

Yeah. Well, here in merry Poland we had something called The Pagan Reaction, an uprising of some sort, which ultimately led to silent agreement between the rulers and the ruled ones. The outcome was, common folk didn't know Pater Noster as far as in 15th century and celebrated its own, old customs, because Mother Earth had to give crops, hasn't she.

What really killed Paganism here, was the public education system mercilessly fighting "the superstition".
>>
>>57767990
>But kings cannot bear a different faith than the people which he governs, can he
Pagan means peasant, so yeah, the upper class can have a different religion than the common folk.
>>
File: Sactifice of Isaac.jpg (38 KB, 450x366) Image search: [Google]
Sactifice of Isaac.jpg
38 KB, 450x366
>>57765269
>traditional Abrahamic religions values and morals: loyalty, family values,
Pic, related.
>>
>>57767299
people who practice DEAD religions are roleplayers
>>
>>57768745
and for "muh ancestor's spirituality"
>>
File: dibs.jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
dibs.jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>>57768745
it's not dead if people are still practicising it
>>
DUDE THOR LMAO
>>
>>57768865
ya that's what he was getting at
>>
>>57768860
There's nothing wrong with dead religion practice. A ritual is a ritual, and speaking of spirituality, you just pour new wine into old carboys, and that's all.

>>57768745
It's funny when a Protestant (I assume) accuse others for religious roleplaying, while the sola scriptura principle literally changes the Bible into RPG handbook.
>>
>>57769333
>A ritual is a ritual
Oh yeah, too bad you know jack shit about their rituals, because they didn't write them down, and the only info you have on them are vague, possibly tampered things written by monks, and a couple of old folk rituals.
>>
>>57767591
It doesn't necessarily wipe out the culture though. I'd say the majority of pre christian European tradition, culture, and mentality never left once Christianity was added on, it's not like the population was lobotomized. If you just look at how much Europe flourished I think our ancestors would be proud.
>>
SkyGodism (GökTanricilik) is always tied to the current existence. That's what you don't get because it's not part of your culture, it's the Turkic culture:

Gök means sky.
Tanri means God (sometimes 'praised').

When you look into the nighttime sky what you will see is the face of the universe, the face of what is ''turned into one''.
This knowledge has been present in the old Turkic belief, sky-Tengriism, before the concept of the space universe has been established already.
>>
VI
>>
Why revert to old myths anyway? Why not adopt the qualities from these old religions that are admirable, tradition, loyalty, family etc. but leave the superstitions to rest?
It seems like a regressive reaction, wanting to go back to the religion of early Europe. I don't know what place such religions have in our modern world.
>>
>>57765269
>Thule
My fedoradar just exploded from overheating.
>>
>>57769579
In this aspect Pagan faith doesn't differ much from Christianity. This religion, as Jesus wanted it and Apostles knew it, died long time ago, replaced with new spiritual thought and new rites. Would you call bird a dinosaur?

>>57769849
Yeah, luckily for Pagans they can distil much things from Christianity. I think they could even pilgrim eg. to Jasna Góra, where the portrait of Black Madonna is venerated. Dollars to donuts the painting reflects an idea my ancestors had for Marzanna and dollars to donuts the monastery was placed there because it was a holy place before Christianity.
>>
>listening to some greedy fucking murderer

disgusting scandifags
>>
>>57770281

VAR
>>
>>57768865
When was the last time the Pagans sacrificed 9 of every species to avert the destruction of the world?

Most of the neo pagan religions have great gaps in their stated beliefs / actions and the rituals that we have historical proof for. I don't think I've even heard of european pagans actually practicing blood sacrifice.
>>
>>57770542
So what do you think is wrong with what we have today?
>>
>>57770713
I don't think in terms of "we". I came to conclusion that Christianity harms me, especially my social skills, so I rejected it. But since I'm a natural born believer, I eventually begun to search for some religion that would suit me. I could convert to Pagan faith if it was well developed past the "fuck le ebil Christian" point, if it offered some culture aside of black metal "roar, roar, ten centuries of disgrace" and so on. Sadly, nobody seems to be interested in doing such development, at least not in my environment.
>>
File: _81738062_risitas[1].jpg (34 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
_81738062_risitas[1].jpg
34 KB, 1024x576
>mfw fucking pagan armies used to get a boat out to the sea during a solar eclipse and thrusted their swords at the sun in order to defeat some evil spirit
>>
>>57771040
have you ever been to pagan gatherings in poland ? im thinking of visiting some this year
>>
>>57765269
>egyptian toddlers genocide because jews are the master race
>god is mercyful lol
>>
>>57771534
Good idea isn't bad, to move my four letters from comfy chair in my basement.
>>
>>57770542
>This religion, as Jesus wanted it and Apostles knew it, died long time ago, replaced with new spiritual thought and new rites.
And yet, everyone from the catholics to the orthodox to the orientals to the nestorians have very similar practices and rites.
>Would you call bird a dinosaur?
I'd say it's a direct descendant.
And those 2 are very similar genetically anyway, according to studies.
Paganism is even worse than a heck horse of religion.
>>57771355
guys here threw arrows at storm clouds.
>>
>>57772011
There is an old Slavic story telling that the world was picked up from the primal abyss by devil, who could dive, but at God's wish, who could not, and it was successfully done only because devil said he picks it "in the name of mine and yours". Hell knows which Pagan deities were hidden under those syncretic masks of God and devil, but this tale match well the image of our current understanding of physics, split into laws of classical (God) and quantum (devil) mechanics.

Let's compare this with Christian narration taken from that RPG handbook, which states that sky is solid, circles are not round and heaven is hotter than hell. Heck horse? Uhm...
>>
>>57771040
become a Lithuanian pagan, I've heard it's pretty much an alive tradition
>>
>>57772513
>but this tale match well the image of our current understanding of physics, split into laws of classical (God) and quantum (devil) mechanics.
What?
>>
>>57772612
Most of it is just standing near a bonfire and wanking off to 20th century fan-fiction of one or two "ancient Lithuanian" stories (which, in turn, were probably made up during the 19th century) while wearing uncomfortable linen clothes, tbqh.

And it's not even that "alive". There's like 5000 of practitioners, give or take.
>>
>>57770680
Yeah, people practice religions differently. I can also pick really weird things from the bible and say "uh, why aren't christians doing this and that".
The bible says homosexuals should be killed, but I don't see christians executing faggots.
>>
>>57765269
>literally thinks autists are peak of humanity
>literally abandoned his country and became an immigrant himself
Why should I take anything he says seriously?
>>
>>57772990
Because this pre-Christian invention, which is writing, allows you to read and analyse human thought "as is", apart from the person of author and his doings?

But this is a higher level, I know. Some folks can reach it and some simply cannot.
>>
>>57765269
I did't read it, but sure that all this text about why I am a nigger scum and why Christians are sucks .
>>
>>57765269
lol

varg trully lives up to his reputation of fedora tipper and attention whore

What a faggot, trying to justify his barbarism by portraying it as "modern" and "human", things it obviously is not,

In first place, weren't those black metal niggers enticed with their ancient "cultures" because they didn't represent behaviors such as

>loyalty, family values, kindness, honesty, self discipline (or ‘moderation’)

normally associated with christianity and according to them, manifestations of weakness, wanting instead to bring back things like their "civilized" viking custom of killing for revenge freely?
>>
>>57765269
>I say this because it's the TRUTH !
>Oh it's the truth because i have same ideology.
>>
dumb vargposter
>>
File: Bacco.jpg (404 KB, 2024x2361) Image search: [Google]
Bacco.jpg
404 KB, 2024x2361
>>57765269
>pagan values
>loyalty, family values, kindness, honesty, moderation
>mfw
>>
>>57776375
t. Pablo Escobar
>>
Christianity doesn't necessarily wipe cultures. I am from the north of the country where natives are majority and while they're catholic, they kept a lot of their tradition and merged some with Christianity. My grandpa was native and he was Catholic but also did some of the rituals his father had taught him.
I guess my point is that the way evangelization is made changes lots of things.
>>
>>57768865
If large portions of the religions are still unknown to us how could we possibly practice them today
>>
>>57772990

>abandoned his country

So what?
Is there some kind of contradition in what he does and says?

He isn't a nationalist, he just thinks that europe should remain european.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.