[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the cultural differences between east and west Germany?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Flag_of_East_Germany.svg.png (202 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_East_Germany.svg.png
202 KB, 2000x1200
What are the cultural differences between east and west Germany?
>>
ur mum
>>
east germans are mongols and scum of germany
>>
>>57688548
Neck yourself cunt
>>
Eastern Germany is permanently buttblasted since they feel like the they got the short end of the stick after the Reunification. That's true in a way since their economy has been tanking for a while. Thanks to Bavarian beermonies things are looking up though. It's also popular among students since the Unis are good and rent is reasonable

Therefore, they're also usually more prone to political extremes, a lot of them voted for the AfD and God Empress Petry instead of the NPD this time however.

Their accent is shit too.
>>
>>57688597
I'll neck ur mum
>>
>east germany
poles in denial
>>
File: 1424605214621.jpg (808 KB, 1330x1694) Image search: [Google]
1424605214621.jpg
808 KB, 1330x1694
>>57688812
Not anymore lad.
>>
>>57688482
East is closer to Russia
>>
>>57688757
>Therefore, they're also usually more prone to political extremes, a lot of them voted for the AfD and God Empress Petry instead of the NPD this time however.
That's because they believed the image the media painted of them(the AfD).
>>
>>57688941
Might be, I'm still not sure the average Ossi made an informed decision.

Personally not sure if I should vote for the AfD or CSU next year desu
>>
Eastern Berlin, example, looks like a weird ghetto with damaged buildings from WW2 but has a nice contrast with modern and 18th century buildings.

t. Dutch tourist in Berlin
>>
>>57689447
Also, there's still Russian/Polish influences from WW2/Cold War
>>
>>57689447
>tourism in Berlin
>supporting Pr*ssian descendents with your hard-earned money
why
>>
>>57689028
>voting for "I am part of the gubermint, but I only demand shit for half a year instead of actually do something" the party
>>
>>57689540
I don't support anyone. Also, I'm on a school trip so I didn't pick the destination. Prefer West-Berlin 2bh familie
>>
>>57688592
They are like Slavs.
>>
East Germany = Best Germany
>>
>>57689567
Based Seehofer is putting the screws to Merkel all the time though.

We just have to prepare for the possibility of another Union-led government. I'm hoping the CSU can pick up some steam and become more influential for the next term
>>
>>57688757
Isn't it true that West Germany let East Germans exchange their worthless Marks with Deutsche Marks 1:1? Also, didn't West Germany pay an assload for environmental cleanup of all the dirty East German factories?
>>
>>57689667
Have you ever been or are you just an AfD-supporter? The election results were impressive, but there's no way the East beats the West in any other regard
>>
File: 1459975080270.jpg (2 MB, 3212x4812) Image search: [Google]
1459975080270.jpg
2 MB, 3212x4812
>>57688482
>tfw i will never live in east germany
>>
>>57689771
Literally every Ossi who drove his Trabant rust bucket over here was greeted with 100 DM "Willkommensgeld".

We still pay out the ass for them but it's starting to show effect.
>>
>>57689809
I lived in Magdeburg for a year and traveled around the whole country.
>>
>>57688482
No "cultural differences"! We are all germans!
>>
East Germany is less cucked
>>
>>57689980
They're cucked financially by Western Germany lmoa
>>
>>57689771
>Isn't it true that West Germany let East Germans exchange their worthless Marks with Deutsche Marks 1:1?
East Germans were allowed to exhange a few thousand Ostmarks into Westmarks in a 1:1 ratio. The remaining money was exchanged with the usual exchange rate. I don`t know exactly how salaries and prices were treated, though.
>>
>>57689980
>East Germany is less cucked
East Germans are still influenced by Russian and Soviet culture. They still celebrate commie holidays.
>>
File: MV.jpg (207 KB, 835x256) Image search: [Google]
MV.jpg
207 KB, 835x256
>>57688482
not that much culturally, more in the mindset
we really despise westerners, but boy do we love their money
>>
>>57688482
east germany was the land of the rape

When we occupied every town, we had first three days for looting and ... [rapes]. That was unofficial of course. But after three days one could be court-martialed for doing this. ... I remember one raped German woman laying naked, with hand grenade between her legs. Now I feel shame, but I did not feel shame back then... Do you think it was easy to forgive [the Germans]? We hated to see their clean undamaged white houses. With roses. I wanted them to suffer. I wanted to see their tears. ... Decades had to pass until I started feeling pity for them
>>
File: f.png (151 KB, 501x590) Image search: [Google]
f.png
151 KB, 501x590
>>57690916
Good guys.
>>
>>57688482
gas all germans
germans are cancer
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.