[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dresden bombings has caused a lot of debate over the years because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1460270974001.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1460270974001.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
Dresden bombings has caused a lot of debate over the years because many objective historians do not believe it was justified or necessary.

Do you support the Dresden genocide?
>>
>>57667175
The allies did all kinds of fucked up shit too, but the winners write history.
>>
>justified
Why are people so obsessed with this?
>>
File: image.jpg (388 KB, 1240x869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388 KB, 1240x869
>>57667175
Yes.
>>
>>57667175
Start shit get hit
>>
>>57667175
yes
>>
It was just banter though, just like the London bombings
>>
BEADY
>>
Dresden itself had very little military significance, so you can't really justify the bombings. I've heard the city was beautiful before they had to rebuild it.
>>
>photoshopping ussr flag out
the jews at it again !
>>
File: krtek und dresden.jpg (129 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
krtek und dresden.jpg
129 KB, 450x600
>>
File: 1423839769685.png (1 MB, 1530x1127) Image search: [Google]
1423839769685.png
1 MB, 1530x1127
>>57667175
The moment germans entered Poland, they killed civilians, raped women, killed captives.

They had no rules. So why should anyone care for their people? If they behave like animals in the first place.
>>
>>57667714
No one cares about slavs

See: reaction to jew genocide vs reaction to germans killing Poles
>>
>>57668032
You're so objective.
>>
Yes, it was a glorious event.
>>
>>57667714
I believed that Germany paid reparation and sincerely apologized for the victims of ww2,
and herewith they persuaded east European countries to admit the war crimes executed against german citizens.
>>
>>57667175
>Dresden
>genocide

Germans deserved it.
>>
>>57667714
Because if you get as low as the people you consider as barbarians, you no long have any legitimacy in calling them barbarians, and ultimately, the horror of their actions become meaningless since they turn into the norm.
>>
>justified
There's that word again.
>>
Why are the Dresden attacks so well-known? They were by no means an exception. You'll have a hard time finding a significant German city or town that was not destroyed in the war – but even within Germany relatively few people actually know about this.
Dresden was actually one of the last cities that had been left untouched.
>>
>>57667714
The only attack that rivals the death toll of Dresden in that image is Warsaw.
>>
I have an idea that
Britain vs German again without US
>>
>>57668864
You can thank Kurt Vonnegut for giving the attacks some publicity.
>>
>>57668978
Have you read the book? Is it worth reading?
>>
I'm not even sure where there is such debate about the Dresden attacks. What about Hamburg? Or Berlin? These cities (among others) got bombed to often in parts of the cities they were only bombing the ruins to dust again. Thing is, in 1944 everything that vaguely looked like a German city got bombed. Even Swiss and Austrian cities.
>>
File: 34958425.jpg (18 KB, 346x450) Image search: [Google]
34958425.jpg
18 KB, 346x450
Money is Might. Might is Right.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.