[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do normal people in your countries have bad/good feelings for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: a_fucking_leaf.jpg (89 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
a_fucking_leaf.jpg
89 KB, 620x349
Do normal people in your countries have bad/good feelings for another nations? I see lots of clashes on /int/ but it seems to me, people outside don't know history as much and don't care. Am I not mistaken?

For example. We in Russia were isolated for a long time and we don't contact even with neighbours so we don't have feelings for Finland, Norway, Mongolia, China, let alone other counties more far. We don't even know much about former colonies. Only exceptions are maybe some pop-culture icons like France, England, Spain, USA and Germany but it doesn't go past stereotypes mostly. The only political happening that had bad impact on our views was American agression in Kosovo but we know it's their government and people just do because they still have cold war. Americans are known as good busnessmen and polite.

So I wonder how do majorities of your nations feel towards each other. Not some cherrypicked small groups and freaks in internet comment sections but regular people.
>>
a lot of aussies hate america and think they're to blame for all the worlds problems and are nothing but oil grubbing jews.
>>
>>57656699
We never think about Australia at all. They're pretty insignificant desu
>>
I'm just posting to support OP's point that Russians really don't give a fuck about anybody.
So I always had the same question about others. Like Poles, for example. They seem like they unironically hate every neighbor. Is it for real or just shitposting?
>>
>>57656669
>The only political happening that had bad impact on our views was American agression in Kosovo but we know it's their government and people just do because they still have cold war.
you know the cold war never died right? and you and your goverment are in the same mentality as us
we caught 10 of your spies in 2010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program
>>
>>57656858
>you know the cold war never died right? and you and your goverment are in the same mentality as us
No. Really, no, it's american projection. 90s may affect Russians' view on USA, but not cold war.
>>
We compare ourselves quite a bit to swedes and are wary towards russians.
>>
>>57656760
no need to get offended.
>>
>>57656858
>and you and your goverment are in the same mentality as
Did you read my post till the end? I'm talking about regular people, not big politics and spies. I don't know your mentality, that's why I ask. I can tell you bad cold war image of Americans never existed in peoples' minds.
>>
>>57656669
We have pity for Venezuela but if those starved monkeys try war against us, it's going down fast.
We're envious of Argentina, so people like to reminisce about that time our selection got 5 goals up their ass, against 0 from them.
Nothing else I guess.
>>
>>57657120
>>57657307
russia's opinion on america is lower than palestine's
http://www.pewglobal.org/database/indicator/1/survey/all/
there is also thousands of videos like this of russians burning and spitting on american flags
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1460263524586.webm
>>
>>57657264
He's not wrong, most people in America just don't care at all about Australia beyond the crocodile dundee aesthetic.
>>
>>57657864
Your government supports government that shelling Russians, what do you expect, love and tenderness?
Again, it has nothing to do with cold war.
>thousands of videos
I really doubt, maybe 10-20.
Anyway, it's still better than when some guy tried to shoot at American embassy with bazooka or something during your bombings of Serbia in 90s.
>>
>>57656669
Americans generally have a good opinion of most of the world overall, but reserve the we're #1 mentality for ourselves exclusively. Some of the more liberal types are envious of the nordic countries. We shit on Africa often, but there are many people sympathetic to suffering people over there. China is regarded as a threat.
>>
File: copters_club.jpg (338 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
copters_club.jpg
338 KB, 1080x720
>>57657864
It's 'Tell me about your country', not 'Tell me about my country' thread. Your survey has nothing to do with OP post, learn to read for God's sake.
>thousands of videos like this of russians burning and spitting on american flags
Just stop. Chill and read again, plese.
>>
Disliking Russia and Poland is the norm for a lot of people because history.

t.lithuanian
>>
>>57656669
A lot of my fellow countrymen have either a severe case of self hatred and idolizes foreign cultures, or they're ultra nationalists that claim that the US is trying to make Mickey Mouse become our flag.

An exception of that is how they usually view the rest of South America. Usually as if we're better than them. Particularly regarding Argentina, Bolivia and Paraguay.

I've been to Chile and Argentina, and the people there were pretty chill, even if their streets look dangerous to walk at night. I just wish normalfags stopped being so edgy on either side.
>>
>>57657307
>I'm talking about regular people, not big politics and spies
did you read who those spies were? they were not elite james bond operators trained by kgb. they were russian civilians that under various circumstances got US citizenship and then turned into spies by kgb recruiters.
they are the face of the average russian
>>
The average American doesn't really think about other countries at all
>>
>>57658867
Hope you're trolling. If you don't believe people who live here and know better, I can't do more to convince you I suppose.
>>
Eh, Australians really just don't give a shit
>>
>>57659032
>>57658111
>>57658001
>>57656760
Basically these. Americans usually have very little to say about other countries, but what they do have to say is usually positive. China and the Middle East are probably the only two places you'll see people here talk negatively about.
>>
>>57656760
You shouldn't be bragging about that
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.