[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question for Americans regarding High American Culture:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: aa22.jpg (152 KB, 1500x1340) Image search: [Google]
aa22.jpg
152 KB, 1500x1340
I have a question for Americans regarding High American Culture:

Is there a reason why Starbucks is called Starbucks? does it literally mean "Bucks from stars"?

Like they literally made this place for special snowflakes to drink over-priced coffee and have it right in their fucking name so non-mongrels could realize it was just a scheme?
>>
>>57641786
I don't most people are autistic enough to make that association
>>
>>57642010
but its on the name??
>>
>>57641786
It's named after the first mate in Moby Dick...
>>
It's the possessive, but the apostrophe is often dropped for store names.
>>
>>57642060
When you look at your hand do you only see intersecting triangles and circles instead of flesh and bone?
>>
According to Google it's named after a character in Moby Dick.
>>
>>57641786
It's named after the first mate in Mody Dick who liked drinking coffee. That's all
>>
>>57641786

Never had it in my life and I'm Californian
>>
File: old-starbucks-logo-01-2014.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
old-starbucks-logo-01-2014.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
>>57642060
As another Anon said, it's named after the first mate in Moby Dick.

The lady in the circle is a mermaid. There's an oceanic theme.

Also

>Starbucks
>High American Culture

Triggered.
>>
>>57642101
Also BattleStar Galactica
>>
File: wet.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
wet.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>>57642303
Well yeah, the whole point of a joke for idiots is that they always ask you "hey man are you joking???" and you say "nah man" and they believe you

If they outright said it then it wouldn't be possible to pull it off

>>57642280
Are you saying there's a God's message hidden in the lines of my hand?

>>57642375
Are you self-obsessed though?
>>
>>57642381
Is it a mermaid or a fat girl with a tiara?
>>
>>57642532

No but I am latino
>>
>>57644024
Its okay, it will go away with age
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.