[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
English and other european languages are stupid and I am forced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
English and other european languages are stupid and I am forced to learn this. What a fucking disgrace.
>verb changes like a dozen ways
>articles
>noun is gendered
>>
Still better than drawing squares and circles like in case of every Asian language.
>>
You think English is bad? Try being forcefed with Swedish
>muh nordic identity
Go fuck yourselves, politicians.
>>
>>57633936
Verbs change?, where?
>>
>>57635049
>muh nordic identity
Seriously? They care about keeping the languages but are moving full speed ahead with destroying everything else about the culture?
>>
hehehehahaha
>>
i cant say anything about euro languages, but i can tell you that you are gonna suffer from more of english when you got to learn phrasal verbs and preposition and simple verbs like "get". they are the real devils that beat the shit out of you. just prepare for it.

and its better to learn only one language. otherwise, you wouldnt be able to do with those demons.
>>
>>57636063
I don't know about Nordic countries but for Finland mandatory Swedish is a must to pretend they're part of the gang.
>>
>learn english at school from the age of five
>practice every day
>start playing games with english speakers, reading english websites
>study in england for two years total
>work with english people
>speak or use english most days

Despite all that I don't consider myself fluent. I think people vastly overrate their ability, particularly in speaking, for whatever reason. I'm decent but I'm not good enough, far too many people claim fluency and fall short.

Just practice every day and you'll probably get to a working level within five years I would say.
>>
>>57636130
I have a C2 level (mastery) certificate in English and I don't even know what a phrasal verb is.

I can write and talk well but I can't explain grammar for shit.
>>
>>57636433
In the Netherlands we start learning English around 10 years old.
>>
>>57636580

I have an English Literature degree from a better university than anyone here attended and I don't know what it is, either.

That being said, obviously as a native speaker and monolinguist I wouldn't know the explicit rules of grammar.
>>
>>57633936
>japanese language
>took chinese characters
>added over 9000 reading per each character
>the construction of the sentences are fucked up
>english langiage is stupid.
fuck you nihonjin
>>
>>57636063
When compulsory Swedish was first introduced in the 70s the reason was to "ensure the availability of public services in the other official language".
Since then they've been making up all kinds of shit in its defence
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 384x384
Holy shit this thread got a reply
>>
>>57634913
I think circles exist only in Hangul aka stupid korean pig shit language
>>
>>57636580
>>57636661
i really dont like bullshit like "im very good at it but i havent had such a too formal/legit/complex and unknown shit like yours". it always sounds like 14yo trash like im fucking edgier than you.

you dont have to even understand what i talked about even though i didnt even mention that "too formal and such" stuff. anyway you wont have a chance to learn anything from another language tree. just stay that edgy fuckers.
>>
>>57638656
>i really dont like bullshit like "im very good at it but i havent had such a too formal/legit/complex and unknown shit like yours". it always sounds like 14yo trash like im fucking edgier than you.

I don't think that's analogous given that the majority of native-language learning occurs at the implicit level which was the point of my post. Maybe you were mostly referring to the Brazilian.
>>
>>57633936
> I's house talking-about white be

Japanese is not a language to be proud of OP
>>
>>57633936
why cannot you use svo sentence structure like normal people do?
>>
>>57633936
Euro languages aren't hard. Japanese is harder because of kanji, on'yomi, kun'yomi. Those are stupid. Fix your language.
>>
File: 33008956807.jpg (117 KB, 499x498) Image search: [Google]
33008956807.jpg
117 KB, 499x498
>>57639068
So, the ancient Romans were not normal people?
>>
>>57640014
Technically writing systems aren't really part of language.
>>
I'd like to have been forced to learn another language at a young age like you Euros apparently were.
>>
My impression is OP's converse.
I have wondered why people except for Germanic ones and Slavs are bad at creating "decent" languages.
>>
File: 1459732514419.jpg (15 KB, 424x301) Image search: [Google]
1459732514419.jpg
15 KB, 424x301
>>57645352
Japanese is pretty hard in my opinion. It has 2 different alphabets and I can never tell where one word ends and another one begins.
>>
>>57635718
he's talking about conjugation.
I *am*
you *are*
he/she/it *is*

Those are conjugated forms of "to be".
>>
>>57649223
i like how norwegian doesn't conjugate verbs
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.