[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you move to another country if you had the money and paperwork
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: saltsjön.jpg (458 KB, 1799x916) Image search: [Google]
saltsjön.jpg
458 KB, 1799x916
Do you really think you would be happier in a different environment?
>>
p-please respond
>>
>>57620162
Absolutely yes, my wish is a ticket to another planet!
>>
Sure
>>
Fuck no. You can't run away from autism.

All these cunts telling themselves that they'd be much happier if they could just move to Asia or whatever are a bunch of deluded fucks.

It's a bit like small town girls dreaming about the big city. Shit ain't gonna change.
>>
Yes, Montana or Alaska
>>
>>57620162
Happier? No

But I wouldn't mind living abroad for a year or two to learn a foreign language.
>>
I only speak English so that kind of limits my options to everywhere.
>>
>>57620162
No, I'm no traitor to my state and country
>>
>>57621420
Traitor, we'll hang you by the guts
>>
>>57620162
Probably for memes. Also dual citizenship is dope.
>>
>>57621463
i feel in my heart this is true, and it makes me sad. i would be an insufferable cunt even if i lived in my dream city
>>
>>57621493
Well. The diversity, both in terms of nature and culture, in the US pretty much rivals that of the whole of Europe.

You could just move somewhere else in the US, and experience an entirely different world. From bustling metropolis with separate racial enclaves to isolated small towns. From tropical rainforest to temperate climate to desert to arctic.

You don't need to leave the country for an entirely new environment. You don't get that in Europe. Norway is a large coastline with lots of mountains. Germany, France, the Netherlands, England... they're all the same. One large agricultural area with a bunch of small towns and factories every few kilometers. Switzerland is just mountains. Ukraine is a big field.

There's not a lot of variety within the different countries. And even between the different countries, there are not a lot of diffferences. People still watch the same American TV-shows and movies. People still listen to American music, have American or Asian electronics, eat food from all across the world and deal with similar problems. Be glad that you live in the US. It's given you a lot more opportunities than you would living in Europe.
The different languages are more a barrier than anything else. Fortunately we're all starting to speak English more and more, and I'm sure it will become an official language next to the native ones in most of Europe in the coming century.
>>
>>57622443
>Germany, France, England
>all the same

lel you've never left your country, have you?
>>
I'm moving to Japan this summer, so yes.
>>
yes i would move to anywhere in western europe if i were promised a decent job
>>
i would move to any nordic country or germany
>>
>>57622581
They are all the same. Different language, slightly different infrastructure, same shit otherwise.
>>
>>57622443
>Germany, France, the Netherlands, England... they're all the same

I've traveled all these countries, and you're clueless. They vary greatly in especially culture and mentality. I get the point you're trying to make, but what you wrote above is just wrong.
>>
>>57622443

This is the only thing self-hating Nordics are good for: making America great again.
>>
>>57620162
Yes

Moved to Canada

Was happy & lots of dude weed lmao

found a good job back home though
>>
>>57620162
>Would you move to another country if you had the money and paperwork ready?

If it is a first world country, then definitely.

>Do you really think you would be happier in a different environment?

No, but I would rather be miserable in a first world country than being miserable in this fucking shithole.
>>
>>57620162
Yes, sure.
>>57622840
Where are you going? What will be your job? I'll move out there in two years, money is not a problem but what worries me is how to find a job and I don't want to use my girlfriend to obtain a visa.
>>
>>57620162
yes
not germany and sweden though. the natives wouldn't like me and the immigrants wouldn't like me either.
i'd most likely go to the US or, if I already had a job lined up, Italy
>>
>>57620162
>Do you really think you would be happier in a different environment?

Yes. Largely because the weather here is shit for the majority of the year and I fare a lot better in warmth and sunshine. So any of the non-mafia bits of southern Europe would suit me fine. Plus there's the food and wine culture, butifel scenery/walks/nature etc.
>>
>>57623115
I'm not self-hating. I actually like Norway a lot. I'd rather live here than anywhere else in Europe. You can just drive to the nearest high mountain plateau, walk in a straight line for a day, set up a tent and cook a nice meal on your portable kitchen, and enjoy the fresh air, fairly far away from other people.
You can go rafting, surfing, skiing, hunting. Even the capital city has its own ski resort. And we even have a few very nice sandy beaches. The country has a lot to offer, that you can't get in most of Europe. At least not in the same country.
>>
>>57623071
I've travelled to these countries, as well. And I'm fluent in German and can have very basic conversations in French. There really are not a lot of differences here in Europe. It's all the same stuff in slightly different wrapping.
>>
>>57620597
America.
>>
Yes. I want a comfortable temperature the whole year. Also it mustn't be a lonely place but 100k people on an island would be OK.
>>
>>57622443
>Germany, France, the Netherlands, England... they're all the same

The trash is this way
I don't disagree the USA have a superior nature, wilderness and stuff but that was a load of crap
>>
>>57622443
>The diversity, both in terms of nature and culture, in the US pretty much rivals that of the whole of Europe.

t.cletus jackson from dumbfuck, ohio
>>
>>57620162
Yes. I know I would be happier because I lived abroad before, and I was happier then.
>>
File: sankt-peterburg-piter-st-4745.jpg (314 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
sankt-peterburg-piter-st-4745.jpg
314 KB, 2048x1365
>>57620162
nej
>>
I'd move to America, I have some internet gfs I could have sex with 2bh
>>
>>57623746
Agree to disagree then, I've always felt very, very aware that I've arrived in a different country when meeting the people during my travels
>>
>>57620162
no
Poland is greatest country in the world
>>
>>57620162
no
>>
>>57620162
Yes
I wanna move to Palau if I had much money.
>>
>>57624236
then why is half your population working in construction here
>>
The Netherlands where I was for a week was the only place, along with Germany, where I wasn't perpetually angry at the shittiness of my surroundings.

But I don't speak the language, so I'd settle for the richest and cleanest urban area of Canada instead
>>
>>57623983
How are they different if you disregard language and parts of the infrastructure?

Stores, bakeries, cinemas, restaurants, etc. are exactly the same. The cities are even the same: Small buildings, some old churches here and there, some larger cities might have a few high rises in the financial district, but in general they are the same.
The people are the same, too. People drive the same cars, wear the same clothes, listen to the same music and are all equally obsessed with hating America and loving the muslims.
Everyone has the same political opinions and outlook on life, but a different native language.
>>
File: norgecuck.jpg (37 KB, 575x441) Image search: [Google]
norgecuck.jpg
37 KB, 575x441
>>57624362
Again, you've clearly never left your basement

And no one actively hates America in Europe, aside from butthurt Slavs maybe. And loving muslims is a Norwegian thing,
>>
No. The only people he see a different geography as a legitimate fix for their problems are poorfags, drug addicts, and children
>>
>>57624608
Everybody seems very quick to deny that it's like this, but nobody can give any examples.
And loving muslims is not just a Norwegian thing. It's a thing in all of western Europe.
>>
>>57624362
>>57623983
>>57622443
My observation is that generalizing differences is less about geography as it is about generation. The older a generation is, the less "international" it appears to be. The oldest people seem to speak the least English outside of the Anglosphere and were the most raised on native media/culture.

The middle generation was more raised on more travel, more international media, the rise of the EU

Then the youngest generation in the developed world is raised by the internet so there is a very strong force of globalization pressing down on us. Happens in Europe and here in the US too. If you want to see regional Appalachian culture you need to go find a bunch of elderly people, who will be sitting in a hall doing bluegrass, banjo and folk songs. Find an 18 year old in Appalachia, and you'll find him on 4chan eating doritos and ramen and watching Dr. Who

The elderly generation is the one that is doing the most to preserve regional variation. I wonder if when we are old, we will do the same
>>
>>57620162
Possibly.
>>
I wouldn't mind living in Norway or France for a while.
>>
Actually I think yeah. Last summer I decided to go work in America not knowing anyone or anything about it just because I wanted to try something completely new. It was one if the best decisions I ever made. I made so many great friends and had a great time. I really came out of my shell there and now I feel so much better and happier about myself
>>
>>57620162
Absolutely. I love travel and get restless if I sit in one place for too long.
>>
File: 1405675598743.jpg (26 KB, 283x281) Image search: [Google]
1405675598743.jpg
26 KB, 283x281
You all motherfuckers are too lucky for having an independent country already
>>
Southern France or Tokyo/Sapporo, Japan are what come to mind. I wouldn't mind doing either but I much prefer Japan so I can go see all the idols I follow in person by going to all their concerts and events and improve my Japanese.
>>
File: palestine+map.jpg (319 KB, 2755x1181) Image search: [Google]
palestine+map.jpg
319 KB, 2755x1181
>>57626331
What went wrong?
>>
>>57626331
I feel (really) sorry you.
>>
>>57626331
Are Palestinians aware of Israeli plans to continue "settling" in the West Bank to the point of becoming an overwhelming majority there too until they can fully annex the area? Gaza will remain Palestinian and as a possible compromise might be given a slightly longer coast line. All the country leaders in the region know about this plan and have all given up on stopping it except for Iran and Syria. Iraq and Libya were also against it but we all know what happened to those countries and also Syria.
>>
No, I like it here. The only other places I'd live are the SA cone cunts and Catholic Slav cunts. Since I don't want to live somewhere where I'll constantly have to listen to conspiracy theories and be asked "why ebil meriga do diss?", I think that leaves me with Poland and Slovenia.

If Canada didn't recognize a monarch, I'd consider them as well. I live in northern Vermont, so it wouldn't be that much of a change.
>>
>>57626331
Maybe don't be savages, then. Y'all elected Hamas to power. How did you think the cardholders would react to that? You fucking "muh honor" cultures make me giggle.
>>
>>57627243
Hamas is only in power in Gaza, not the West Bank. Currently Fatah is the largest elected power in the West Bank. Besides, the "card holders" have always been against Palestine even before Islamism became a thing in the region.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.