[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>To all my Chinese senpai out there. >Do you like Pinyin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Chinese vs Pinyin.gif (70 KB, 460x311) Image search: [Google]
Chinese vs Pinyin.gif
70 KB, 460x311
>To all my Chinese senpai out there.
>Do you like Pinyin over the normal writing
> Would you like it being replaced ?
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>57619905
I like Zhuyin
>>
>normal writing
you mean hanzi/kanji?
>>
>>57619905
why do you need so many line strokes just to write such small sounds still..looks tedious
>>
>>57621722
you get used to it after a while, the stroke order is pretty fluid so you can write fairly quickly
>>
I think Chinese script can be totally replaced with alphabet and some additional signs.
>>
>>57622054
wait, do you actually follow the stroke order to write hanzi?
>>
>>57622987
From what I learned it's important to follow the stroke order, I don't see why tho.
>>
>>57624756
It's essential when you're writing cursive and shorthand.
>>
>>57619905
If you say all of those really fast, you sound like a pinball machine.
>>
>>57624896
how exactly? i can read and write a lot of kanji, but i don't know the stroke order of any of them
>>
>>57619905
No

We're not cultural cuckolds like Viet Nam.
>>
>>57621017
hebrew?
>>
>>57621017
It's ironic how the Chinese ended up inventing phonetic notations like we did.
>>
>>57622163
Good luck. Already was tried under KMT.
>>
>>57625117
You're phonetic language is based off of Ancient Chinese...
>>
>>57625100
No that is taiwanese version of pinyin
>>
File: 56544-48244.jpg (186 KB, 899x598) Image search: [Google]
56544-48244.jpg
186 KB, 899x598
The Chinese and the Japanese are forever cursed with their respective homphone-ridden spoken languages that cannot be expressed in phonetic writing
>>
>>57625191
so is Bopomofo, what's your point?
>>
>>57625611
>this
Pinyin cannot replace characters. It's been tried and it has failed.
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 530x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 530x570
I don't think it's possible, a lot of Chinese words share the same pronunciation.
For Instance, not even native Chinese can understand the shi shi shi poem with only pinyin.
>>
>>57625008
Then you're not writing them correctly.
>>
>>57625008
how exactly do you write your kanji?
there's a basic left-to-right top-to-bottom order to writing your strokes
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.