[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malta Thread! Ask me anything! inb4 >What's your language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: Malta-flag.jpg (11 KB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
Malta-flag.jpg
11 KB, 400x288
Malta Thread! Ask me anything!

inb4
>What's your language like? Isn't it arabic?
>BRITISH CLAY
>FRENCH CLAY
>NO, IT'S ITALIAN CLAY
>You drive like maniacs!
>How to get Malta qt?
>>
what's your language like? isn't it arabic?

british clay btw
>>
>>57611716
Ha, Joke's on you. It's actually Globigerina Limestone, not clay at all! I was merely pretending!

And so-so. It's got a semitic root system and plenty of it is pretty much a very distant northern african arab dialect. Plus a bunch of loanwords and mutated words from various european language in a latin script.
>>
>>57611970
>>How to get Malta qt?
>>
>>57611697
are you that bro who gave me tourist advice a while ago

I'm back home now your shit island was alright
>>
Are you a knight?
>>
>>57611697
why aren't you part of Africa?
>>
>>57612747
I could say the same for you
>>
>>57612725
Yeah I am, well.. thanks! Hope the buses didn't fuck you over again. Did you get to see some of the stuff I recommended?

>>57612704
>Be white skinned
>>
File: 1448539653471.jpg (9 KB, 229x250) Image search: [Google]
1448539653471.jpg
9 KB, 229x250
>>57612730
No I am not, but I always wanted to be! One day I shall learn proper horsemanship and have my full plate.

>>57612796
They already are.
>>
>>57612820
Are slavs enough white-skinned?
>>
>>57612867
rejoin UK Alejandro
>>
do you still remember our retarded hooligans
>>
>>57612927
Yes you are, but be careful cause Eastern Europeans cause most of the crimes here. If you have a strong accent and sound like the Heavy from TF2, you may have problems if you're not at least decently good-looking.

But in reality, just have game and confidence.

>>57612943
No. Not a clue what you're talking about.

>>57612937
Please, Dad. Not this shit again.
>>
>>57612820
yeah I saw all of the islands more or less. I went to moos but not that place on gozo as I wasnt hungry when I was around there

best part was probably valetta as a whole and hiking around the more countryside parts of the islands where there were cliffs. spent around 3 days hiking everywhere. best part of valetta was argotti botanical gardens since it had a good view and no tourists

your girls were pretty into me which was nice, I'm 6'5 blue eyes blonde hair, but I have a gf so I didnt get to any pounding cant comment
>>
>>57613050
when our hooligans started a riot on football game in 2005
>>
>>57613121
Ah yes, I LOVE the argotti. Did you know there's an entrance to a second garden right next to it, which is even more quiet and less frequented? Lots of cats too, and wild orange and lime trees I sometimes nabbed one. Really strong ones.

I'm glad to hear of your pleasant time man, really. I'm glad I was of help.
>>
>>57613121
about how much money did you spend for the whole experience?

Would you say Malta was worth visiting for it?
>>
>>57613208
Man that's 11 years ago and I don't even follow football. But I never hear it being brought up ever so we must've gotten over it. Don't do it again though!
>>
>>57611697
Can you get regionals mate some were just added for Malta
https://flaghunters.github io/Extra-Flags-for-4chan/
>>
Seen Malta from above on my way to Spain. seems cute tBh
>>
>>57613224
yeah I went around both of those, saw lots of cats too and got pics of them for my gf who loves cats

>>57613239
probably spent around 1k euro for 10 days not including flights. could have done it for cheaper by staying somewhere else or eating cheaper, didnt ever feel like I needed to spend more than that to get anything though. was worth it for me and felt cheap even but I have a lot of money from inheritance and a comfy finance job so money is kind of meaningless to me right now. 10 days was too long, I think you only want 5-7 for the full experience.
>>
>>57613050
Lol you mean russian accent? Tbh It's very rare thing, I never heard man who speak this way irl. Just some immigrants come to Europe or America without english language and money at all.
There mostly ukranian immigrants and yugos I think, right?
>>
>>57613625
>I never heard man who speak this way irl
Yeah well here I worked in a job ran by a russian couple and 3 other russians. All but 1 spoke regular accent, the rest spoke like a living USSR meme.

>>57613348
Thanks senpai, come anytime! We've had the Israeli actress from World War Z say it reminds her so much of Jerusalem that she felt she was home.

>>57613329
Wut? Is it really that important ?
>>
>>57613743
Something to add to my colleection to extend my autisms i would appreciate it if you would
>>
>>57611697
Is it true you and Tunisians can understand eachother without switching language?
>>
>>57613743
Idk, i'm working in IT so everyone speaking english pretty good.
>like a living USSR meme
Have you ever heard about way of teaching english in USSR? My mom said some people just wrote english words in cyrillic alphabet. 90's immigrants come in EU/US because of their countries economic destroyed. But that's just history, no one doing like that now.
>>
>>57613891
I checked them and that's pretty much all that there is. You're telling me to make and add more?

>>57613893
Tunisians could but vice versa not a chance.
>>
>>57614148
I mean add the plug in that i linked you there are like 6
>>
>>57611697
I hope no one is trying to take the george cross off of the flag because the flag would look a lot worse without something simple in the canton and honestly its some pretty cool history
>>
>>57614279
The group that wants it off is very small and nobody takes them seriously. Higher chance of abortion being introduced (none at all)

>>57614189
D-Do i have to? I don't like messing about with scripts and plugins, I am a luddite.
>>
>>57614506
Its ok
>>
Muh heritage is Maltese , just wondering what my surname "Spiteri" means
>>
>>57614506
oh yeah

I saw something weird when I was there, a bunch of signs for this company

http://attardbros.com/

had "pagan" written in spraypaint all over them

I saw it a few times, just the word "pagan" sprayed on the sign, and then the next day it would be covered up

whats up with that
>>
>>57614506
>The group that wants it off is very small and nobody takes them seriously. Higher chance of abortion being introduced (none at all)

Based malta
>>
Are you like spain in any sense?
>>
>>57614647
We're lazy twats and we have constant siestas and love food and having sex, so yeah.

>>57614596
eh, I agree with abortion but I like the george cross.

>>57614570
Now that you bring it up, I've seen those too. The one I keep seeing (for months) is on the sliema waterfront. I haven't a clue but I've been curious about this for a good while now. Maybe some retard sees the company logo (a triforce of all things) and thinks its some weird pentagram? I wouldn't be surprised as there are people that fucking dumb here.

>>57614562
It's Southern Italian in origin, meaning someone who used to work at a lodging house/inn etc. Someone who offers hospitality.
>>
>>57614952
I understand you guys are super catholic so I expected it had something to do with that

there was a group of (I think) maltese older women that were talking really fucking loudly near me that I got to shut up by pretending to pray because of that
>>
File: 1454601576416.gif (750 KB, 256x194) Image search: [Google]
1454601576416.gif
750 KB, 256x194
>>57614952
Noice :D
>>
why is Malta so cute?
>>
>>57614952
I'm not very hospitable, but grandad was so cool I guess
>>
>>57615039
You started praying, one of them noticed and told the rest to shut it?! That's awesome, I've never tried that but I might now.

>>57615180
Because. I guess the size has something to do with it? It's comfy.
>>
>>57611697
It's obviously Greek clay since you're part of Magna Graecia...
>>
>>57615543
yeah it was by a church, I kneeled and crossed myself in an exaggerated way then got in that prayer pose, one gasped a little and went "oh oh oh" then they said some stuff quietly and stopped talking I felt pretty fucking smooth
>>
>>57611697
>FRENCH CLAY
What ? I think nobod in France is able to localize your island.
>>
>>57611697
I'd like to live in Malta. What should I do?
>>
>>57611697
Is there anything to do there?
Just wondering because of the ridiculously small size of your country.
>>
>>57615935
history and natural beauty, the food is fine but not as good as real italy/france or similar
>>
>>57615757
Crusader as fuck breh, nicely done.

>>57615875
The Order of St John was predominantly french.

>>57615887
Just grab a boat and blend in with the other russians. But seriously speaking, its the same as any other European country since we're EU, Commonwealth And Schengen. Any process that's good for those is good for us.

>>57615935
There's plenty to do, mostly entertainment. We're small but we're packed with stuff. Food and drink, a whole town dedicated to clubs and pubs with a few other touristy areas. There's paintball, archery, a gun range, various cinemas, horseriding, plenty of sunk wreckage from WW2 and other natural creations for diving (even one of them creepy as fuck jesus statues), beaches and resorts.. even 2 sinkholes! One of them is huge and leads to a small wooden area, you need climbing equipment to get down there and its solitary as fuck. Can't even see the ground from the top viewing area (it's called Maqluba, for your googling pleasure) and the other sinkhole leads to a sea cavern, which makes for nice relaxation (Dragunara cave).

Also cats.
>>
>>57616324
yeah it was great
>>
Is your country cucked like for example Sweden or Germany?

Is it a worthy place for a foreigner to emigrate to?

What sectors of your economy are the most important?

Are your women white blonde qts?
>>
>>57617384
>cucked
Not really. Few migrants, few muslims and the ones that are here behave themselves.
>Worthy for foreigners
Oh yes, definitely. Provided you like it yourself!
>Sectors of importance
Tourism is a HUGE part of our livelihood, but also manufacturing of electronics and pharmaceuticals are also pretty high.
>Women
No they're mostly tanned and dumpier latinas. I don't like the majority of them.
>>
>>57617562
>tanned and dumpier latinas
accurate to what I saw, also they fucking chain smoke
>>
>>57617384
>Are your women white blonde qts?
they're basically italians to look at
>>
why does your capital have 6k people? dont you have bigger cities?
>>
>>57617805
the cities aren't defined like you would in other places, the capital "city" is more like a district of a much larger real city. the country is small enough that districts are considered cities
>>
>>57617805
What >>57617874 said. You have to keep in mind that the entire country is roughly 1/3rd the size of Berlin.
>>
How do you see Tunisians and do you understand our dialect? (I understand some maltese)
>>
I heard you guys had it really bad with the migrant crisis and the boats coming off of Libya, is that true?
>>
>>57619928
It was bad at the start but nowadays its actually pretty good. Vast majority of migrants are flocking overland and the Med is being patrolled well. We have to get very few migrants nowadays and none of them want to actually stay here. They just saw "Hey, let's go straight north A to B and get to Italy, then we'll walk it." . When they saw they were drowning by the literal boatload and being mired in the black hole that is my country, they decided going through ISIS might be easier.

>>57619571
We see them as "arab/muslim" and would rather not have anything to do with them, but we can't understand shit but a few words.
>>
>>57619928
malta is too small for migrants to really "disappear" like they need to
>>
>>57620104
True but I remember they were having issues with being overloaded with asylum seekers, especially for such a tiny country. It had something to do with the fact that legally you have to ask for asylum in the first EU country you arrive at, or something.

Anyway that was around summer 2014 or so, ancient history.
>>
>>57620294
probably just an isolated event that got overcoverage because its a hotbutton topic, there's immigrants but its really not bad and better than other areas of europe nearby. it actually feels like a bastion of old europe. very few beggars too
>>
>>57620383
As a local I have never seen a single homeless man and have been begged like... once ever in my life (and it was one of those "please my husband is dead and I need help walking" and then when I refused she took off on a jog).

And yeah it does, mentality is fairly old too. I have to say EU membership and the migrant crisis has made us quite a lot more racist.
>>
>>57620383
Oh no I'm sure it is, I can't see Malta as one of the hot destinations for migrants.

It was just kinda funny because Frontex and such was freaking out about the number of people shipping off from Libya, and the Italian government took a lot of shit for the way they handled the situation. Of course that stuff just looks plain silly now that you have millions walking across the Balkans.
>>
>>57620504
yeah I said few beggars but I really should have said basically zero beggars. there were a few musicians playing for money but none of those tourist trap people that you see in places like rome or paris and I never saw a single outright no skills beggar. some people would approach to sell services but it was always legit services
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.