[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you like about English that you can't express easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1451434558592.jpg (55 KB, 762x494) Image search: [Google]
1451434558592.jpg
55 KB, 762x494
What do you like about English that you can't express easily in your native lung?
>>
I don't like that there are words that have no equivalent in english.
>>
>>57583142
That's the beauty of English; just throw that words or words into English sentences often enough, and it ends up adopted into the language as-is
>>
>>57583142
Hygge is an English word now I'm calling Websters as we speak.
>>
>>57582826

Who is this semen demon?
>>
File: 1444824068707.jpg (4 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1444824068707.jpg
4 KB, 250x240
>>57583142
>tfw we don't do germanic wordcrafting anymore
>>
File: chuj twarz.jpg (5 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
chuj twarz.jpg
5 KB, 278x181
>your cartoon pilot will never be so loved that it gets a high grade pron parody of it

that
>>
Memes. I can't make references to internet culture when I'm speaking Norwegian. I can't make references to my favorite TV shows. That's the biggest advantage of English.
>>
>>57583260
Once upon a time, there was a pilot for a proposed cartoon called the modifyers (spelling?). Before the show could be greenlit, zone saw it and created the modifuckers (again, unsure of spelling). The network naturally became less thrilled about picking up the show, and the project died before it even took off. If you choose to look it up, you will be fapping to a parody of a show with only one episode.
>>
File: Igh9WYr.png (493 KB, 716x1011) Image search: [Google]
Igh9WYr.png
493 KB, 716x1011
I can't say söpötöttömöttöpöttönen in english. Other than that, english is pretty fine.
>>
nothing
>>
>>57588375
>that hip-leg area

whoever drew this needs to read loomis desu
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.