[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soon I'll be travelling to Austria as exchange student,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Flag_of_Austria.png (632 B, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Austria.png
632 B, 1200x800
Soon I'll be travelling to Austria as exchange student, I'll stay in Vienna for a couple of months, does any austrian has some advice?
>>
Austrians are very embarrassed that they weren't allowed to join Germany, so make them feel good by referring to them as Germans.

Also, they are very proud of Hitler.
>>
>>57580514
this seems like a ruse
>>
>>57580467
If you see a woman with a beard, remember that it is part of their culture and you must be respectful to it
>>
>>57581017
>says South Austria
>>
So what do you want to know f a m
>>
File: 3014.500.332.jpg (39 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
3014.500.332.jpg
39 KB, 500x332
>>57580972
Nit him, bug it's not. You should talk about how much they have in common with all Germans and how Hitler did nothing wrong. Older Austrians like it when you say horrible things about Catholics.
>>
>>57581065

dunno, like some pro-tips, where not to spend my money, where to do it, some general stuff
>>
>>57581427
Just walk around the inner city (1st district) if you want to see the nicest buildings. If you are lazy just take one of the tram lines around the Ring boulevard (lines 1, 2, D, 71 all drive there). Generally the public transport system is massive, get a map. But avoid metro line U6 for durka durka reasons.

Donauinsel is nice when it's a sunny day, it's an artificial island that splits the Danube and is fully green and pedestrians only.

Where will you be studying?
What kind of stuff do you like?

See wikitravel for general tourist trap stuff.
>>
>>57581641
Awesome

FH Technikum Wien
/mu/ stuff mostly, but i'm open to anything
>>
>>57580467
Do you like alcohol?
If not, you soon will.
>>
File: Austin_Powers.png (82 KB, 320x233) Image search: [Google]
Austin_Powers.png
82 KB, 320x233
>>57580467
Avoid old men luring you into their cellars using candy and trinkets
>>
Beer hall rallies and basements might seem like fun but are best avoided. Salzburg is worth seeing. And the sound of music tour, no really, it's a good laugh with great sights.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.