[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the USA had been a colony of Spain or France instead of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: usa-flag-360.gif (19 KB, 361x235) Image search: [Google]
usa-flag-360.gif
19 KB, 361x235
If the USA had been a colony of Spain or France instead of the UK, would they be the superpower that they are nowadays?
>>
Yes, they were a colony of Spain and France, bro.
>>
>>57577733
You very well understood what I meant.
>>
They were successful because they killed the natives and had a economy based in slavery.
>>
France - yes, because the French shared many ideals with the Brits. Since America took its politics etc. from the UK, I'll assume they would have done the same thing under French rule. The US wouldn't have been that different probably.

Spain - no. Spain has a history of exploiting its colonies and then just leaving them for dead. The US has a lot of resources to exploit so the Spaniards would've felt right at home.
After they fuck off back to Iberia, you're left with a huge country deprived of its nature. The US would be Brazil-tier
>>
>>57577675
>France
No, we'd be Haiti
>Spain
No, we'd be the Dominican Republic or even worse Mexico.
>>
>>57580860
>because the French shared many ideals with the Brits

Eh, not really, no.
>>
>>57577675
I highly doubt it, because we largely inherited our political culture than enabled good governance early on from the Brits. If we lived under the French or especially the Spanish, I don't think that would have happened.
>>
>>57583339
>>57581006
>>57580860
>>57577675
Well... California was spanish for example
>>
>>57580860

>The US had a lot of resources to exploit

Remove yourself retard.
>>
>>57577675
No. Because every colony France or Spain touched went to shit really really fast. Especially
>spain>>57577733
>>
>>57577675
>France
Yes
>Spain
No

>>57585124
California had barely any people when we got it dipshit. Thats like saying Alaska is Russian.
>>
No. Look at France's and Spain's former colonies. They're all fucking shit (Including Quebec).

Then look at Englands: USA, Australia, NZ, Canada
>>
France maybe, definitely not Spain though.
>>
half of the US was a spanish colony

that's why you find lots and lots of spanish names in all west and south

anyways, they're so fucking luck they finally became anglo, every spanish colony became thirdworldish shit
>>
>>57587952
>that's why you find lots and lots of spanish names in all west and south

No that's because we don't have a strong border and spics keep spilling in
>>
>>57587858
... Uganda, Pakistan, Belize, Malawi, South Sudan, Somaliland...

British colonies that became first world are those where the natives were exterminated and bongs came from the motherland to replace them. Where locals were somehow not genocided straight away, British ex-colonies are worse than the rest.
>>
>>57590999
Well most former Spanish colonies are like 3/4 Spanish 1/4 native even though their countries are only half a real country
>>
>>57588446
I'm a Trump supporter but even I know that's completely false, all of those Spanish names are from Spain/Mexico colonizing the land before we took it in the Mexican-American war, not because of the new wave of immigrants starting in the 60s/70s.
>>
>>57581006
>we would be mexico
>would be
oh i am laffin
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.