[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do people in your country think about evolution? What do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 15
File: whale-evolution.jpg (61 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
whale-evolution.jpg
61 KB, 440x330
What do people in your country think about evolution?
What do you think about evolution?
>>
If evolution is real, why do monkeys exist?
>>
>It's the best theory we have to describe how things got to the current state of life on Earth
>It's the best theory we have to describe how things got to the current state of life on Earth
>>
Evolution ain't real

My grandma ain't no orangotang
>>
>>57576768
If you descend from your grandparents, why do your cousins exist?
>>
>>57576702
I think some kind of law should have been passed millions of years ago to retain the whale in its third evolutionary form going down. It could live in Australia.
>>
>>57576837
My cousins aint no monkies boy is that what you saying I'll punch you in the mouth you unchristian shithead
>>
>>57576702
Everyone thinks it's the best reasonable theory. If you deny it, you would be regarded as an idiot.
>>
>>57576768
Because not every monkey evolved.

Every species do not have a certain "tech-tree" in evolution that they will eventually max out, genes and certain behaviour in species adapt better in the current climates and survive, thereby passing their genes along.

It's not like a chimpanzee suddenly shat out a human baby, you know?
>>
The only creationists of France are the muslims + a few retards.
>>
>>57576702
If we evolved from monkeys, why do monkeys still exist?
>>
>>57576837
i didnt evolve from my grandma moran
>>
>>57576768
>american education
>>
>>57576910
kewl
>>
>American trolling
>>
>>57576768
I thought this kind of retards who misunderstand evolution as a unidirectional idea close to just a development were only Jap things.
>>
DEUS VULT
>>
Old people will angrily deny it, despite not understanding it at all. Most young people don't care.

I love studying evolution and taxonomy. I'm trying to go to school to become a paleontologist
>>
>>57576702
>What do people in your country think about evolution?

I like it.

I wish I could level up tho, this stage is quite boring.
>>
>>57576702
Most people think that God guides the evolution.
>>
>>57576702
call my ancestors monkeys again and i will kick ur shit
>>
>>57577158
how does that even makes sense
>>
Utter blasphemy and Darwinian Devilspeak.

I personally consider it evident in the disparity between alphas and betas. Those pesky high-test alphas propagate their premium sperm while we beta losers settle for cavernous cunts and rearing of their children.
>>
>>57576768
If America was settled by Brits then why do England still exists?
>>
>>57577269
Christians will come up with anything to reconcile their made up beliefs and scientific fact *winks*
>>
>>57577324
They don't though, it's the Islamic Caliphate of Britain now
>>
>>57577324
>then why do England still exists

Good question
>>
File: Charle Darwin £10.jpg (234 KB, 1149x666) Image search: [Google]
Charle Darwin £10.jpg
234 KB, 1149x666
>>57576702
>>
>>57576702
Regarded the same as the theory of gravitation or any other scientific fact.
>>
>>57577460
Are your sandniggers butthurt about 10 pounds notes?
>>
>>57576702
The people making the most noises about evolution are mainly two groups:
1. Christians utilizing the evolution theory for their own ends
2. Fedora neckbeards and the irony that the biggest proponents of evolution are evolutionary dead ends
>What do you think about evolution?
I think there are lots of problems with it and they won't be resolved for a long time. By long time I mean long after us and our civilization are gone. It took over a millennium to disprove Aristotelian physics and a few centuries more to come up with Newtonian physics
>>
File: Pound notes.jpg (144 KB, 591x691) Image search: [Google]
Pound notes.jpg
144 KB, 591x691
>>57577961
I have no idea. It's due for a change in 2017 to Jane Austen.
>>
>>57578040
>100 million pound ceremonial note
Wouldn't want to forget those in my pants before laundry
>>
>>57577968
>I think there are lots of problems with it and they won't be resolved for a long time.

Can you tell us what kind of problems do you see in evolution?
>>
>>57576768
If evolution is real why do niggers still exist?
>>
>>57578374
Because you touch yourself at nigh.
>>
>>57578374
The evolution is not utilitarian
>>
>>57576702
WE WUZ RATZ N SHEEIIT
>>
>>57577460
>mfw they replaced Richard Owen's statue with Darwin's at the Natural History museum
>tfw Alfred Russel Wallace finally got a statue
>>
>>57578040
>Jane Austen
>from a scientist who revolutionised biology to a sex-deprived teenage girl who left the world in awe by being able to write some books.
fuck this
>>
>>57578876
Swings and roundabouts m8. Figures on the bank notes change every 10-15 or so years.
>>
>>57578309
I apologise to any discerning britanons if this sarcastic comment is crass, offensive or just plain idiotic.
>>
>>57578309
>>57578985
Poo-dan haha
>>
>>57576910
>>57577048

Japan knows all about evolution
>>
>>57579065
Are you being genuinely disparaging of my country or are you trying to provide comedic relief with a sarcastic response?
>>
>>57579185
?????

This is very confusing. On the one hand I am confirming my suspicions but being unjustifiably assuming of the britanon, but on the another I am insulting him by misinterpreting his kind gesture.
>>
>>57576702
Most accept it. I accept it.
I'm also religious. Creationism is for Protestant Americans and Africans.
>>
File: t.rasheed al-britani.png (518 KB, 737x498) Image search: [Google]
t.rasheed al-britani.png
518 KB, 737x498
>>57579185
We've seen this britbong before sudanbro.
>>
>>57577301
>Muslim holding back progressive ideas
Wow, didn't see that one coming.
>>
>>57576702
We have a LOT of people who knows evolution as "from monkey to human". It isn't correctly taught in school (like it's a disproven theory). People lack knowledge about it, and the worst part is, no matter how scientifically you explain it to them, they'll think they owned you by saying "If evolution is real, why are monkeys not becoming human?".

You can't teach those idiots about anything at all...

I personally think it is mostly true but I have my slight suspicions on specific examples. But I'm gonna read about it and study it unlike these stupid people...
>>
>>57581797
What the hell why is a turk making a reasonable post with sensible opinions.
>>
>>57576768
If your mother gives birth, how can her sibblings still exist?
Checkmate atheists
>>
>>57576702

Evolution is accepted by 99,999999% of the population

>What do you think about evolution?

It's an evident fact, but they're still some strange things that need to be clarified
>>
>>57581797
>slight suspicions on specific examples
>>57584772
>they're still some strange things that need to be clarified

like what? do you people even understand this?
>>
>What does your country think about evolution
Its accepted and taught in schools

>What do you think about evolution
Its true, anyone who disagrees is lying to themselves for whatever reason they might have. The only anti-evolution evidence that people online can come up with is pictures of people wearing fedoras followed by sentences about how they are more socially accepted than you. Denial is quite sad
>>
>>57584886
There's still a lot of unclear details on evolution.

For example we don't know exactly how long it takes.

I think some newer evidence suggests most things are relatively stagnant genetically and then suddenly experience bursts when put under evolutionary pressure, and that evolution may not be as slow as previously thought
>>
>>57584886
I think they mean shit like missing links in evolutionary trees.
Most doubt comes from misconceptions tho, like this >>57576768
>>
>>57585072
none of that is "strange" ou "suspicious", just unknown, which is obvious since you can't really measure evolution IRL unless you deal with bacteria
>>
>>57585084
>missing links
that has nothing to do with evolution itself, just that the fossils haven't been found yet.
once again proving most people who complain about it really don't get it at all.
>>
>>57584886
missing links, different velocities, some "instant" changes without a reason, and the senseless response of human evolution of developing self consciousness, creativity and other irrelevant things for the only purpose of living beings: to survive and reproduce

BUT as I said I think evolution is an evidence and it just needs some fixes. There aren't any other realistic theories out there, some of them like the christian one being humoristic.
>>
>>57585313
>different velocities
que??
>senseless response of human evolution of developing self consciousness, creativity and other irrelevant things for the only purpose of living beings: to survive and reproduce
wut??? so many animals have these things. and they're all incredibly useful on them. like chimps being creative and using sticks to take ants out of an ants' nest
>>
>>57576702
Someone shop a pepe from the green landwhale.
>>
>>57576951
>not every monkey evolved

Yes, they did. The monkeys seven million years ago are different than the monkeys today.
>>
>>57577269
Easy. God creates the world with such laws of physics and in such a way, that it's impossible for living, evolving beings not to appear somewhere.
>>
>>57587606
how?
>>
>>57585072
It has been a common knowledge senpai. You won't learn this from simplified, popsci versions, but it isn't a mystery that evolution takes different time: for example, on a new island which starts existing in the middle of the ocean, it will be pretty fast because different species are colonising the new environment, isolation and lack of space makes them unable to breed with others outside of their population. In most of cases it will be slower, but it really depends on environmental pressures.
>>
>>57585190
You can, mammals, lizards, insects, many other organisms in fact are evolving fast enough for it to be observed and described.
>>
YOU FUICKING RETARDS GOD YOU MAKE MY HEAD HURT
>>
>>57585294
Just a creationist meme Alberto. There is nothing like a "missing link" species in a sense this term is commonly understood by non-biologists. At least in sexually reproducing organisms, the offspring is genetically distinct from its parents. Over time, these genetic differences accumulate until the descendants are completely different fron ancestors.
>>
>>57576702
According to Pew 54% of Bangladeshis believe in evolution. I had a hard time believing that considering evolution is not taught in school, college level and in medical level. It gets a brief mention followed by it's just a theory bullshit. There's a certainly people who believe it but, you have to learn about it on your own.
>>
>>57587906
By setting up initial conditions and laws of physics in a proper way (inb4 quantum mechanics isn't deterministic - God could have set up infinite number of worlds, that way at least one could have evolving life; or perhaps just a one universe, with the problem of non-determinism solved somehow by his omniscience; these are just ideas, there really isn't any scientific or theological evidence for any of them; I just wanted to show that it's not impossible)
>>
>>57588147
i forgot about darwin's finches and how they recently began to change back due to human action
anthropocene everyone
>>
>>57585313
>There aren't any other realistic theories
Part of the problem is with institution and culture

Institution, in academia, evolution is a sacred cow. Anyone criticising it or proposing alternative theories are risking their career. It's almost similar to this case https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis

Culture, fuck you got creationists flooding the search results with bullshit if you're looking for scientific alternative theory

atheists, they're fucking idiots. Any disagreement of evolution and they'll just call you a creationist. They accept it so blindly they're like religious fanatics.
>>
>>57576702
You evolved thanks to me and your mom, mijo.
>>
>>57590219
excuse me but what the fuck has semmelweis have to do with anything? he couldn't find a realistic explanation (he didn't know about germs), he just found a correlation. what does that have anything to do with evolution anyway?
>>
File: heidi-klum-seal.jpg (41 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
heidi-klum-seal.jpg
41 KB, 500x450
>>57576702
Evolution more like BBC(big black cock)volution amirite?
>>
File: May.png (67 KB, 181x201) Image search: [Google]
May.png
67 KB, 181x201
>Tigers turned into whales
>This is what fedoras ACTUALLY believe
>>
>>57592200
no one believes that m8
>>
>>57592200
If England was a superpower at some point in mankind history, anything is possible
>>
>>57585072
Nah nigga, it depends on a lot of factors

A group of Drosophila encountered on Hawai have some species on it with enough evidences showing that it suffered paraptric speciation in ~ 800000 years
>>
>>57591672
Are you a retard? The point was evolution is dogma and institutions are hostile to changes or alternatives to it. Semmelweis's story was to emphasize the hostility to changes.
>>
>>57592924
yeah because he couldn't find an explanation to it. but we have shitton of explanations to evolution. your argument has no basis
>>
Like 90% dont give shit, only the Fedoraists, Christian fundamentalist and the small minority of scientists who actually understand it care about it.
>>
>>57578761
I forget, was it Owen or Lyell who actually came up with the theory before being cucked by Darwin?
>>
File: 1441678546137.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1378) Image search: [Google]
1441678546137.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1378
As a bio major I'm surrounded almost entirely by people who believe it. Unfortunately it's a much more complex field than people realize, and so many areas are being researched by legions of scientists with tons of ideas. Pretty interesting.

As for people who don't believe it... I don't really care either way. It's not like they're going to move into the field of evolutionary biology and shit it up with their beliefs

"pop" scientists like bill nye do an ok job at explaining it, but it really is way more complex than "THINGS ADAPT LEL"

It really is beautiful the higher up you study... and begin to see it all fit together
>>
Monkeys are hairier than humans, that makes bald people the most evoluted, masterrace, life form today right?
>>
>>57592200
>tigers

Guess again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrewsarchus

Picture a hyena the size of a cow with fucking three-foot jaws.
>>
>>57576702
70% of people accept it in some form.
30% of people are conservative Christians.
>>
>>57593467
t. mastro lindo
>>
>>57593562
mesonichids are probably only distantly related to whales tho desu
>>
>>57576702

this proves that nogs can evolve, with guided reproduction. looka t that angry animal on top, which became the smart dolphins and whales below
>>
File: nonplussed Jaguar's fan.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
nonplussed Jaguar's fan.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>57576910
>Everyone thinks it's the best reasonable theory.
>If you deny it, you would be regarded as an idiot.

Not much of a "theory" then, is it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no evolution denier but there's a pretty disgusting air of conformity to the whole thing. "Everyone around us believes it bro, if you don't too you must be stupid" is not a great way to have the public talk about science. Science is about method, not consensus. There were periods of history where most serious, legitimate scientists believed that the earth was flat, but just because a majority believed it didn't make it so.

People should promote evolutionary theory by saying "Evolution is probably correct because X, Y, and Z," not "Hey, everyone, look at these stupid religious people! They say evolution isn't true! Isn't that stupid? It's like saying the sky is green! Let's all point and laugh at these morons." Self-pleasuring rhetoric like that is why fedora tippers flock to atheism en masse and people who might otherwise have learned about and discussed scientific concepts in ways that were beneficial to society instead keep clear of the whole thing for life.
>>
>>57594406
>There were periods of history where most serious, legitimate scientists believed that the earth was flat, but just because a majority believed it didn't make it so.
that's literally a myth, no one ever believed the earth was flat, even the greeks knew it was round back then
>>
File: 1383815301373.jpg (11 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
1383815301373.jpg
11 KB, 202x249
>evolution
haha wtf is this fuckin pokemon get youre anti christian shit outta here you fucking beaner peace of shit lmao stupof tard
>>
>>57576772
>evolution leads to more questions than answers
>>
>>57594550
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

>The flat Earth model is an archaic conception of the Earth's shape as a plane or disk.
>any ancient cultures subscribed to a flat Earth cosmography, including Greece until the classical period, the Bronze Age and Iron Age civilizations of the Near East until the Hellenistic period, India until the Gupta period (early centuries AD) and China until the 17th century
>>
>>57594644
Except we have conclusive proof that the Earth is not flat.
In the same way there is conclusive proof that evolution is true
>>
>>57594644
those weren't scientists. they were philosophers.
also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth
>>
>>57594406
No, I agree. I'm doing research under a professor right now, and one of the things he always harks upon is questioning the "dogma" of science. Models, ideas, etc... ANYTHING people just take for granted in science can be changed. The research I'm doing is going towards challenging one of the many dogmatic ideas in science. To be a good scientist you always have to strike a balance between attacking and defending ideas.

A lot of the "LOL SCIENCE RULES CHRISTIANS R DUMB" shit is perpetuated by non-scientists, or people who haven't published in a long time (Bill Nye). That being said, scientists don't have the time or resources to go back and explain every underlying concept in their field, that's why education is paramount.

Big problem is how entrenched the right and left are in our country. If one side says something, the other side denies it and just digs a deeper trench to stand by their ideas with. Lefties have really taken into the whole "we're more scientific than conservatives xDDD", thus the strong backlash against religious people.
>>
>>57594406
>not "Hey, everyone, look at these stupid religious people!
>immediately followed by "le tips fedora xd"

Typical christcuck
>>
>>57594762
philosophers and in many cases just priests. not scientists
>>
>>57594796
EDIT: I don't know why I said "No, I agree" if I we weren't in conversation before
>>
>>57594796
>Big problem is how entrenched the right and left are in our country.

100% this. People are too involved in flinging shit at people that hang with the wrong crowd. Everyone needs to take a step back and consider what can really be done to better the country. That doesn't mean we have to agree, but the focus should be on concrete things that can be done, not on rooting for "the good guys" and sticking it to "the bad guys." Politics is not an alternative to sports.

>>57594809
wew, calm those tears my funny hat friend.
>>
>>57595112
Can you give one piece of evidence against evolution without ad hominem or mentioning fedoras?
>>
>>57576768
Because we evolved from great apes not monkeys
>>
>catholic american, florida

Most people accept it, but those who don't are respected. It is also common for religious people to accept it.
>>
>>57595135
I never said that I didn't believe in evolution, I said that a lot of the rhetoric practiced by it's proponents emphasizes conformity and shaming of groups that are called "stupid" instead of emphasizing available evidence. This rhetoric has a lot of negative consequences in terms of how science is seen by the general public.

If you don't like the term "fedora" I could substitute "socially awkward, vocal atheists" but regardless "that" demographic exists and the current rhetoric serves their emotional needs but doesn't do much in the way of advancing the cause of science. Instead, it hurts it's public perception, turns away people who would have otherwise been interested in scientific concepts, and sabotages efforts to have evolutionary theory universally accepted.
>>
File: 1451865457162.jpg (246 KB, 777x759) Image search: [Google]
1451865457162.jpg
246 KB, 777x759
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/changing-climate-10-years-after-inconvenient-truth

>reading comments on climate change science article
>realize my countrymen are fucking retarded
>>
>>57595524
I literally have the dinosaur magazine with that illustration somewhere at my parents' house.
>>
File: anon m'lady.gif (1 MB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
anon m'lady.gif
1 MB, 250x200
@57576702
>God didn't create all the animals on the fifth day
>>
File: 1378093666719.gif (978 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1378093666719.gif
978 KB, 160x120
>>57595639
>I am so buttdevastated by a meme I take the time to falseflag to "make my enemies look stupid"

Protip: don't try to falseflag while you're actually angry, it makes your post too transparent.
>>
>>57581797
Wew lad I'm from Tunisia, I thought most muslims accepted evolution as a half truth

Basically from all the muslims that I talked to or all the posts on facebook/forums I've read, they agree on the model of evolution for all species except humans.
>>
>>57595929
Honestly I just posted it because it was funny. On the other hand you seem bothered.

Lol are you an actual creationist? I didn't think there'd be one in this thread lmao
>>
File: 1451479664501.jpg (26 KB, 295x290) Image search: [Google]
1451479664501.jpg
26 KB, 295x290
>>57596049
I'm just on the prowl to drop some meme bombs, freindo.
>>
>>57593282
Alfred Russel Wallace came up with the theory independently and had his papers published jointly with Darwin, but Darwin had spent much more time gathering evidence for Origin of Species. Charles Lyell contributed too with his geology
>>
>>57576768
If dogs are real, why do wolves still exist?

Monkeys are not our ancestors, they're our cousins.
>>
>>57594604
which is why I love it
>>
>>57593044
>yeah because he couldn't find an explanation to it.
You're missing the point again, Alberto. It's the dogmatic mindset that's part of the problem but you're a Catholic and your ancestors were Muslim fanatics so religious dogmaticism runs in your shitskin blood.
>but we have shitton of explanations to evolution
You have explanations you haven't tested and (judging from your poor reading comprehension) you don't understand. You take what "peer reviwed" articles, woman teachers and bananaphilic youtubers say as gospel truth just as your parents took what catholic priests/imams said as gospel truth.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.