[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alrighty, /int/, I want to become more aware of global issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: The Sun.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3075) Image search: [Google]
The Sun.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3075
Alrighty, /int/, I want to become more aware of global issues and possibly some politics. Half for my own sake and half so I can actually join in conversation.

I was wondering what news sources you guys use, what you feel is credible or not.
Even discuss how your country runs or whatever.
See I'm 21 and I feel really dumb when it comes to all this stuff. I still don't fully grasp the smaller details of capitalism and communism.

Anyway, let's try and keep this a "smug free zone", maybe there are other people here who are just as dumb as me. Thanks for reading and all.
>>
>>57572613
>news sources you guys use
>>>/pol/
>>
>>57572801
i don't need to go to /pol/, /pol/ comes here all the time though
>>
>>57572613
>details of capitalism and communism
kapitalisam good,komunisam bad
its that easy
>>
>>57572801
>>57572880
I've actually not been to /pol/ yet. Is anything there to be taken seriously? I kind of just guessed it was a place where people could be racist with each other.
>>57572885
Thenk
>>
>>57573026
m8 forget about thinking that everything is a huge pre made molded thing. Things in the world are much more fluid than that to the point that since there are so many different cultures in the world and different mindsets politics most of the time are just a result of this. Stay here on int and try to grasp the cultural differences between countries that probably sometime later you will understand why some people choose some stuff and others to do other things, and why there is a conflict in that. The world isnt about universal things as much as the USA or the international media would like to, it is about total chaos and who has the biggest strenght or determination to express or force what they want better
>>
File: 1454369011070.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1454369011070.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
>>57574730
Ah yeah, thanks for that. I haven't been on /int/ long and I thought it seemed like a good idea. I like this area of the site but there does seem to be a lot of either "general" threads like /brit/ or /cum/ or people just making threads to ask dumb questions.

I'll keep coming here, but do you think this is just a phase?
>>
>>57574915
well yeah, also if possible try learning another language to understand what is happening in the generals. Because sure obviously it's the 4chan counterpart of that country it is still a piece of that country where people speak their home language and talk about issues of their own, which may be different from the other generals. Just keep lurking if you are interested kek, and just keep on going hue. I am here since 2010
>>
>>57574915
also dont be so demanding of yourself you get it with time and exposure to it
>>
>>57575211
>>57575417
Yeah, I'll pick it up over time. I sometimes like to watch the 24 hour news channel here, but I forget when Al Jazeera is on.
I'm planning on learning at least a little German through that Duolingo website, plus I hear Spanish is easy to learn for English speakers too.
Thanks for your two cents again, nice to know there still good and polite people on the net.
>>
File: qt german - nazi germna.jpg (27 KB, 700x294) Image search: [Google]
qt german - nazi germna.jpg
27 KB, 700x294
>>57573026
Go to /pol/ as long as you take everything with caution, you'll be kinda well informed about what's happening around. Don't stick to the OP, read through the whole thread.

Some people are racist for teh lulz, so don't take it so seriously.

Capitalism and Communism are basic and simple, it may get confusing when they're mixed with everything else. Take it one step at a time.

Global issues are environmental ones (just by eating less meat you're already helping a lot), the rest is all politics and people wanting more power or free stuff.

In general every 'politic issue' has a lot more stuff behind, it's not as simple as one thing that needs to be fixed. Like in life, everything interacts and flows, don't be overwhelmed.
>>
>>57575697
you are welcome aussiebro:D
>>
File: Pulpito Paul.jpg (84 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
Pulpito Paul.jpg
84 KB, 500x666
>>57575697
Besides Duolingo I'd recommed you to listen to the german tv or the radio, even if you understand zero at first it'll help you.
Also, use german music and follow the lyrics of the songs, try to repeat them after.

It may be a bit hard, but once you know a little bit of the language you could find someone to practice it through
https://www.interpals.net/

http://lang-8.com/ is good for writting practice.

And https://www.memrise.com/ is also good for learning vocabulary or the basics of a language, the mobile app works well and has nice features.

http://www.deutschland.fm/
>>
>>57575777
Yeah, I guess I never thought about it like that. Sometimes I get in a no nonsense mood where I feel like taking in some cold, hard facts.

The whole thing about Communism and Capitalism comes from friends being on either side and arguing. Apparently "Capitalism is destined to fail every single time"
I'm hoping I can find my political agenda as I don't really know it yet. Or rather what 'niche' I'd fall in to.

Anyway I won't ramble on. Sorry, fairly intoxicated now. Thanks though. I hope to learn your language and visit your country some day too.
>>
>>57573026
There's truth in there somewhere, but it's all blown up, or if it's something they like, trickled down.
It's one big far-right echo chamber like tumblr is a big far-left echo chamber.
>>
>>57576409
>I'm hoping I can find my political agenda as I don't really know it yet. Or rather what 'niche' I'd fall in to.

Alright m8, I don't know if you'll read this later or not but just in case, you don't need to belong to any agenda, you may have some opinions about the world and the best way to rule it, and maybe the belong to one agenda or another or maybe to noone, it's not that relevant. Stay true to what you believe and try to live doing your best.

It's alright to not have 'a label'.
>>
File: Alano Español -2.jpg (63 KB, 900x1111) Image search: [Google]
Alano Español -2.jpg
63 KB, 900x1111
>>57576480
Dude, everyone can say whatever they want in pol, if you can't back it up they eat you, it doesn't matter your position. Only if you can back it up with facts or argue it properly.
>>
File: 1350115002479.png (14 KB, 570x533) Image search: [Google]
1350115002479.png
14 KB, 570x533
>>57576280
Oh wow, I really appreciate this, and thanks for the links too, I'll use that radio one a lot too.

I don't know if this will sound insulting, but I wasn't expecting purely normal responses. I mean some crazy nonsense yeah, but this has pretty much gone quite smoothly.
Thanks, bud.

>>57576747
Yeah I'm still up.
I guess my problem is that I lack creativity. I figure everything has to fit into a place and the whole world has to run on some sort of repetitive function like some well oiled machine.

Thanks though
>>
>>57576944
Self-censoring is still censoring
Anything that's in favor of Trump doesn't need to be fact checked. Anything that's against Trump is bullshit even with facts.
>>
File: 1459989152119.png (348 KB, 720x892) Image search: [Google]
1459989152119.png
348 KB, 720x892
>>57576944
>caring about winning an argument with /pol/ autists
>not just shitposting to watch the monkeys throw shit at each other
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.