[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People are actually debating over disbanding this style of writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: kiri.jpg (27 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
kiri.jpg
27 KB, 600x450
People are actually debating over disbanding this style of writing from school education.
>>
It's nice and all, but pretty useless nowadays.

I can understand cursive just find, but some people who write in cursive are so shit, that is barely legible.
>>
>>57554679
Do they teach that in the States?
>>
>>57554156
But cursive is racist, why would you want to keep it?
>>
>>57554156
in elementary i was told not to use it on anything but callygraphy homework, then in high school they told me to stop using
shit sux, i liked it
>>
>>57554156
i basically scribble, my writing is a hybrid of printing and cursive.
>>
>>57554733
They do/did. They are trying to phase out of the curriculum.

They did teach it in my time, but eventually most people stop and stick with block.

In college, I stumble from time to time with cursive people. It's not as nice as this pic, it is a fucking mess that they can't even read.
>>
>>57554156
im often told i have very beautiful cursive writing, but still i dont think its very important to know it, most people use keyboards for writing nowdays anyways
>>
>Not writing in cursive
Only kids do that right ?
>>
>>57554904
It's the other way around here.
Only kids write in cursive. They are then told to stop writing in cursive in like the 2nd or 3rd grade.
Most do, but some stay with cursive.
>>
>>57554904
It seems to be the case that now it is the opposite. Only kids in the first grade know how to write cursive and some adults who appreciate it. Most people degenerate in writing ability and end up writing like this anon said:
>>57554800
>>
i thought only kids dont use cursive
>>
File: 1zyk5f8.png (62 KB, 265x297) Image search: [Google]
1zyk5f8.png
62 KB, 265x297
>>57554947
>>57554941
>>
This is awful.
>>
>>57554904
Everyone is taught it in elementary school, told that you'll have to use it for the rest of your life, then after a week 99% of people go back to normal writing and nobody cares.
>>
>>57555009
It's just more comfortable and fast to write in cursive imo, I don't quite understand why you wouldn't use it t b h
>>
>>57554941
They teach cursive in the 3rd grade you mong. Nobody tells kids to stop writing in cursive if theirs is legible.
>>
>>57555040
Well, I can think of a number of reasons why not use cursive, but I can't think of any why you should not be able to.
>>
>>57554904
what exactly is the point of writing in cursive?
>>
>>57555069
it's much faster, flows better
>>
>>57555069
It's faster, and it doesn't make your writing look like a kid's writing
>>
>>57554733
It's discriminatory since niggers and ESLs struggle with it
>>
>>57555045
Well, my teacher did.
I don't know the curriculum now. But mine was before common core.

They taught me cursive in like the second grade or something. Then one of my teacher said to stop. So, I did.
>>
>>57555120
>ESL
Maybe for chinks or something like that. AFAIK, all latin alphabet nations learn some form of cursive.
>>
>>57555102
i can print just as fast as i can write in cursive.
who the fuck cares what your writing looks like. doctor's writing is absolute garbage and nobody gives a fuck.
if it is a serious document then type it out on a computer.
>>
>>57555187
>if it is a serious document then type it out on a computer.
Some people will recquire you to write it by hand sometimes.
>>
>>57555187
It is of course arguable which one is faster. But that's a pointless argument to have. People who are trained one way will be better in that way and probably defend their favourite way to death.

But it is impossible to argue that this style is not infinitely more elegant.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.