[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did the Japanese actually think they could take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: 1458132746566.jpg (195 KB, 1199x1600) Image search: [Google]
1458132746566.jpg
195 KB, 1199x1600
How the fuck did the Japanese actually think they could take over the world?

Didn't Japanese people suspect it wasn't going to end well for them?
>>
>>57544077

The woman in the picture is korean.
>>
they wanted just asia, not the whole world
>>
>>57547562
i would sex her regardless
>>
>>57544077
nobody living in a dictatorship suspect anything
they either get blinded by the national propaganda or get killed
>>
>>57547601
i think the plan was to get the whole of Oceania at least
why else would they attack Hawaii and Australia i
>>
>>57544077
Why would they? France and Russia were getting btfo, they had been genociding China for the past decade, and the Brits were too busy defending their meme island to do anything about Japanese expansion. The only wild card was the US and they fucked up big time by chimping out at Pearl Harbor, which is what actually lost them the war
>>
>>57547562
Picture is not related.
>>
they were allied with glorious italy, that's why they were sure that taking over the world was a walk in the park with such a mighty ally

too bad the g*rmans ruined everything with their incompetence
>>
>>57547833
desu all 3 of axis were fucking retarded.
Hitler thinking he is god.
Italy being overall fucking useless.
Japan attacking US
>>
File: 1399157330523.gif (2 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1399157330523.gif
2 MB, 400x240
>>57547833
>>
>>57544077
only east and south east asia
>>
>>57547653
so americans won't shit up with them, only for tactical purpose
>>
I think this sort of stuff only becomes clear from the future... there have been lesser powers defeating larger armies all the time, so people tend to think "this is gonna be the case for me" until it turns out it wasn't.
>>
If US SHIT didnt innterupt us....Current world is just pity.OH MY GOD.I want to return to old days.
>>
>>57544077
The idea was called the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere to free Asian slavery countries under colonial ruled by western imperialism to establish co-existence and co-prosperity relationships which was almost the same idea with European Union.
>>
>>57547966
Cute shoob
>>
>>57552226
Then why the fuck did you bomb darwin?

Australia doesn't have Asian slavery.
>>
>>57552226
Yeah, I'm sure murdering all those Chinese was a great way to establish 'co-prosperity'.

Netouyo go home.
>>
>>57552294
To stop American ships.
Literally look it up.

Japan nevet wanted to inaved Australia, Hideki said they barely had enough troops as it were at thw time.

Why does every Australian think anyone would want to invade that shithole?
>>
>>57550428
>so americans won't shit up with them
then why did they attack Hawaii
and they just attacked and left positions. it's stupid to the point of selling the fight or something
>>
>>57552294
Why do you have British flag then?
You were/are part of allies. Darwin was the main naval port for allies.
>>
>>57544077
The plan was to expand into Central Asia to get material resources.

Stupid Australian.
>>
>>57552334
Romans Empire did it and it worked very well for them.
>>
>>57547914
>Other Axis countries are retarded, says fucking Slovakia
>>
>>57552398
>To stop American ships
that's stupid
no wonder they fucking lost. fucking Tojo
>>
>>57552334
Friendly reminder that there is no proof of Japanese war crimes :^)
>>
>>57552458
nip delusion knows no bounds
>>
>>57552334
Mao Zedong's Great Leap Forward killed 60,000,000 Chinese. But it did work in the end.
Can't make an omelette without braking a few eggs
>>
>>57552226
This is utter bullshit, you replaced European colonialism with something worse. Initially the Asian countries were open to your rule, because like you said you overthrew the Europeans, but after seeing how barbaric you were quickly turned against you. Only now are you seeing Asian nations willing to reconcile with Japan due to the threat of China.
>>
>>57552458
t. Alexander the Great
>>
File: imagerg.jpg (9 KB, 234x223) Image search: [Google]
imagerg.jpg
9 KB, 234x223
>>57552548
>Alexander the Great
what does he have to do? he died of syphilis and his """"empire"""" didn't last even 15 years
>>
>>57552534
That's bullshit, Taiwan and Korea loved Japanese rule.
Sure there was resistance of some sort, but then the Roman Empire also had that.
>>
AFAIK they had an actual chance until they lost most of their carriers in Midway.

Maybe if the jap planes had found the American carriers first they would have ended in a better position...

Then again, the USA could have just build new ones and they were gonna go nuclear eventually.
>>
>>57552590
You think you such a great miltary tactition I'd like to see you do something then.
>>
>>57552595
>Korea loved Japanese rule
Yes thats why relations between the two have not been normalised to this day due to tensions arising from WWII, and that Koreans have an incredibly low opinion of Japan. That's just completely false.
>>
>>57552595
>Korea loved Japanese rule

you'd get shanked in korea for saying that
>>
What if every general and other military commander in the Japanese Army were as good and modern as Tadamichi Kuribayashi, instead of doing retarded things like Banzai charges?

Could the Japanese have possibly held their ground against the USA?
>>
>>57552334
> t. ching chong chang fried rice

How many civilians were killed by western imperialism?

>you replaced European colonialism with something worse.

then bring any sources with your bullshit
>>
File: gordo boludo.jpg (58 KB, 289x387) Image search: [Google]
gordo boludo.jpg
58 KB, 289x387
>>57552644
well i'd definitely not attack a country that is bigger and has more military capacity than my own and then pull out after ONE victory

and yes, i'm not pic related. he actually did it too
>>
>>57552493
>Mao Zedong's Great Leap Forward killed 60,000,000 Chinese. But it did work in the end.
>Can't make an omelette without braking a few eggs
It really didnt, trade with the West and abandoning the stupid commie shit is why they are doing better. Mao literally killed and imprisoned a lot of people including scientists and scholars who would be most important for advancement.
>>
>>57552687
Koreans arw fuxking retard.
Literally look it the fuck up. Korea LOVED Japanese rule.
Many Koreans signed up for Japanese military service.
>>
>>57552718
>How many civilians were killed by western imperialism?

Irrelevant to the discussion of Japanese crimes. See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
>>
>>57552718
http://listverse.com/2014/05/06/10-japanese-atrocities-from-world-war-ii/

It's no mystery that very few of the locals ought on your side.
>>
File: W_Halsey.jpg (86 KB, 590x744) Image search: [Google]
W_Halsey.jpg
86 KB, 590x744
>>57552631
>Then again, the USA could have just build new ones and they were gonna go nuclear eventually.
Pretty much this we had like two after Pearl Harbor.
>>
>>57552722
Tojo didn't even plan Pearl Harbor, he opposed it all the time.
The Navy planned it, Hideki was Army General.
>>
>>57552718
The Filipino guerillas and the ones who were part of our military are evidence that they liked you more.
>>
>>57552793
Koreans were in charge of POW camps.
Literally look it the fuck up.
>>
>>57552767
Why was the push for independence between 1910-1945 so strong? Why are the Japanese hated by the Koreans today? Why is there STILL disputes arising from "comfort women" and the like.

I'm going to need some sources that Koreans loved Japanese rule. Not whether Japan built infrastructure in Korea, but whether the opinions of the Japanese was favourable in Korea.
>>
>>57547966
>you will never have a beautiful wife, a cute puppy and a daughter and live a loving life in a cozy home
>>
>>57552826
>Army General
wut? wasn't he General Commander and Minister of War? who the fuck was in charge of that blunder?
>>
>>57552875
This is he first I've heard of this, and sounds like obvious blame shifting to me. Please provide sources
>>
>>57552767
>Many Koreans signed up for Japanese military service.
Poles fought as part of the Second Reich in WW2 but I wouldn't go si far as to say they loved. A lot of soldiers from occupied countries signed up for the invasion of the USSR but I doubt it was live for German rule and more disgust for commies.
>>
>>57552889
>Why is there STILL disputes arising from "comfort women" and the like.
that specific issue is because Coreans are literally the jews of east asia
>>
>>57552928
It's well known, actually, but he's mischaracterizing the issues. Americans noted that Korean guards were especially brutal towards POWs. But they were only guards, the camps were always commanded by Japanese and the Koreans were armed only with batons.
>>
>>57552928
I've heard it before. I'm not sure of it's accuracy though. Even if 100% true putting soldiers in charge of camps is usually because you don't want them fighting due to mistrust or the belief they are incompetent.
>>
>>57552928
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/11220761/British-ex-POW-in-Japanese-camp-disgusted-by-guard-demands-for-compensation.html

Here's a source. The Japanese largely used other nationalities for auxiliary duties like camp guards, but some Taiwanese were in full combat units. The last Japanese soldier to surrender, in the 1970s, did not speak Japanese and was a Taiwanese aboriginal.
>>
>>57552960
>t. Takeshi Tchura

>>57552978
Perhaps, but I'm looking at the people making the decisions the ones approving the brutality rather than the perpetrators.
>>
>>57552937
*Second Reich in WW1
>>
>>57552860
filipinos are western cucks, most asians (at beginning) support japanese rule
>>
>>57552889
I said already, Koreans are fuxking retardes.

I told you to lool it up.
Japan did not draft ethnic Koreans into its military until 1944 when the tide of WW II turned dire. Until 1944, enlistment in the Imperial Japanese Army by ethnic Koreans was voluntary, and highly competitive, as illustrated on the chart to the right. From a 14% acceptance rate in 1938, it dropped to a 2% acceptance rate in 1943 while the raw number of applicants increased from 3000 per annum to 300,000 in just five years during World War II.
>>
>>57552903
shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>57553028
Nope, I'm just speaking from experience

have you ever even interacted with any Coreans?
>>
>>57553028
The Japanese command largely didn't care what the guards did, and much of the brutality was on the initiative of the individual guards. It was exacerbated by the fact that junior guards had to participate in the abuse if a senior enlisted men wanted to -- it was a question of honor rather than orders.
>>
>>57553054
Not Western but they ended up liking and still like us because unlike the Spanish over 300 years in 50 we built a lot of infrastructure and educated them and built colleges.
>>
>>57552928
Justice Bert Röling, who represented the Netherlands at the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, noted that "many of the commanders and guards in POW camps were Koreans – the Japanese apparently did not trust them as soldiers – and it is said that they were sometimes far more cruel than the Japanese."[60]
In his memoirs, Colonel Eugene C. Jacobs wrote that during the Bataan Death March, "the Korean guards were the most abusive. The Japs didn't trust them in battle, so used them as service troops; the Koreans were anxious to get blood on their bayonets; and then they thought they were veterans."[61][62
>>
>>57552534

Why is the heck Aussies any rights for asking us the number of war crimes in the process of colonialism?

>Aussies never try to think killing of aboriginal was not the process of British imperialism.
>>
>>57553115
they beat you up and call you names or something
>>
14 Caribbean nations sue Britain, Holland and France for slavery reparations

ttp://sovereignunion.mobi/content/14-caribbean-nations-sue-britain-holland-and-france-slavery-reparations
>>
File: slave-map1.jpg (42 KB, 800x512) Image search: [Google]
slave-map1.jpg
42 KB, 800x512
>>57554719
>>
>>57552398
How does bombing darwin stop American ships?
>>
>>57552398
I don't think a third world shit hole trapped unfortunate person can call the 1st world a shithole.
>>
>>57552860
Please tell me more about fillipino guerillas helping the usa.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.