[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What killed the American dream?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Art05.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2378) Image search: [Google]
Art05.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2378
What killed the American dream?
>>
Americans by letting women have to much say and then the immigrants got to much say then the white man wasn't king anymore and society continued to berate and beat down on the white man till he was a shell of his former self eventually killing the american dream.
>>
>be American dream
>get ______
>>
File: wisconsin btfo.jpg (217 KB, 1058x587) Image search: [Google]
wisconsin btfo.jpg
217 KB, 1058x587
wiscahnsin
>>
File: 2834712283.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
2834712283.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
just looking at this picture gives me feels like you wouldn't believe man

goddamn I want a gf
>>
The dream still exists.
>>
boomers
>>
mexicans
>>
The switch from a really free market to a corrupt system that imitates capitalism and keeps all the resources in the hands of the people who already have them
>>
File: vietnam was worth.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
vietnam was worth.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>57506048
Nam.
>>
>>57506048
Boomers.
>>
>>57506065
In one simple word: Globalism. Globalism killed America. Globalists took the form of leftists. Corporations exported manufacturing jobs overseas, and used a Globalist approach to market to more people. The sense of what it was to be American faded and we turned into this bland liberal platform for people of any race, ethnicity, or ideology to come and just exist on.
>>
>>57506048
Man, the cunts in the picture look lame as fuck.
>>
B a b y
o
o
m
e
r
s
>>
>>57506273
I think they look like good looking, successful and kind folks.
>>
>>57506257

Lefties like Willy Nelson and Jimmi Hendrix are more American then you will ever be.
>>
>>57506311
/thread
>>
>>57506320
>convict spawn telling me what it is to be American

christ what a fucking insufferable cunt
>>
File: 1459996042427.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459996042427.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>57506048
Everything culminated to the genocide of the American dream. Literally everything fell apart at once within the span of about 10 years.
>you were born LITERALLY just in time to witness the fall of the American Empire and the end of Pax Americana
Just cuck my shit up senpai desu desu senpai.
>>
>implying it ever existed
>>
>>57506357
That would make sense if I was of british decent but I am the decent of german and danish immigrants.

Checkmate athiests.
>>
>>57506103
This.
>>
Being in the age of decadence
>>
I sorta doubt it ever existed

I mean fuck, just look at that absolutely horrid suburban home. How the fuck can you view such a shitbox in a positive light? Seriously what the fuck is wrong with North Americans, why are there so many people here who idealize this sort of abomination?
>>
>>57506394
well that makes you even less qualified to speak considering you aren't even anglo. Get fucked.
>>
>>57506311
>>57506103
/thread
>>
>>57506436
>Every American lived in a shitty west coast/desert cookie cutter suburb

People fixate on those but most American neighborhoods aren't even like that.
>>
>>57506379
it did, from about 1950 to 1960. people act like the american dream, with its rich middle class, has been a part of this country since the founding, but really it was just a 10 year aberration caused by being the only first world country to be left unscathed from WWII. before WWII there was the great depression, before that a bunch of farmers migrating west, etc. the american dream is anti-communist propaganda, nothing more; it's not grounded in any solid longitudinal data
>>
>>57506048
Regulation and taxes, usually for the purpose of making the American dream for everyone
>>
America screwed America.
>>
>>57506177
This. It bread a counter culture that was activly against any kind of artistic, technological or culteral progress. Before Nam the hippies were beatniks and were generally smarter.
>>
>>57506048
Like most issues, it's more complicated than anyone on here would care to admit... and more complex to describe in a few paragraphs.
>>
Other countries building industry
>>
>>57506048
Immigration and Global Market.
>>
>>57506048
Women and allowing them to vote
>>
>>57506048
These 1950s homes have the most retarded layouts

>garage one step higher than the kitchen
>kitchen one step higher than the dining room
>living room one step lower than dining room
>family room an entire flight of stairs lower than the dining room

i mean they're comfy but god damn stop separating every room by one single step, it's unnecessary
>>
>>57506394
maybe that's why your banter is cringeworthy
>>
>>57506127
lol stay arsehurt
>>
>>57506048
We woke up.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.