[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /int/ know about this country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12
File: Flag_of_Afghanistan.svg.png (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Afghanistan.svg.png
45 KB, 600x400
what does /int/ know about this country?
>>
>>57483553
Another Muslim country.
What else do I have to know?
>>
>>57483553
we invaded it to find Osama and stomp out the Taliban. Osama was found 10 years later, in Pakistan. the Taliban is not in control of the country anymore, but they are still quite influential and carry out terror attacks with some sense of regularity. we still have special forces in the country, for some reason. we should get the fuck out of there, but we won't because everybody knows another power vacuum would occur, creating another Islamic State breeding ground, or bringing the Taliban back into power
>>
Graveyard of empires
>>
>>57483861
Thanks America for keeping the talibs in check.
>>
File: 230px-Afuganisu-tan-cover.jpg (22 KB, 230x331) Image search: [Google]
230px-Afuganisu-tan-cover.jpg
22 KB, 230x331
>>
File: King_Amanullah_Khan.jpg (247 KB, 1183x1600) Image search: [Google]
King_Amanullah_Khan.jpg
247 KB, 1183x1600
This frog-looking guy could have saved Afghanistan. Unfortunately, he abdicated...
>>
File: R1a.jpg (275 KB, 863x560) Image search: [Google]
R1a.jpg
275 KB, 863x560
Our genetical brothers keep white scum in check there.
>>
>>57483553
I like the flag
>>
They changed their flag more than anyone else.
>>
>>57484557
can't even remember what their flag was in the 90s
>>
It's a shit hole (literally, shit hole). I was in southern Afghanistan for a year.
>>
They make some good poppy
>>
>>57483553
Complete shithole. This opinion is not based on news or propaganda (which tends more to emphasize how much the Afghans need our help) but on actual research, books and such. Literally the only likeable or respectable thing about the culture is that they take hospitality seriously. Other than that, unbelievable hellish shithole, both figuratively and literally, with awful barbaric culture. It was a shithole even before the decades of nonstop war that were arguably our fault, but now it's just... Jesus Christ.

Well, to be more specific, Pashtuns are irredeemable barbarians. Hazaras are better and more likeable. Coincidentally Pashtuns hate Hazaras.
>>
>>57483553
Poppies and taliban.
Their people vary in look and some can look surprisingly European.
>>
>>57485702

>some can look surprisingly European

It was funny when we would go on patrols and you'd occasionally see a 20 something year old white afghan. Because you knew he was a soviet rape baby
>>
Muslims ruined it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabul_Shahi
>>
It's my dad's country of origin. Know a lot about it tBh
>>
>>57486953
DESIGNATED
>>
>>57486634
>Soviet rape baby

A lot of Russian soldiers defected and sired children with the locals. It wasn't always rape. The Soviets just never admitted to it and the official record has those men as KIA or AWOL
>>
>>57483861
>but we won't

Hehehe

>taliban is not in control of the country anymore

Neither are we
>>
>>57487208
>>57486634

I swear to god lads, I've always wondered about this. I had an afghan guy in my class in high school (good, very intelligent guy), he basically looked exactly like a turkroach (black hair, dark eyes, kind of swarthy, etc.).

He would always hang out with another afghan kid who was a year younger than us, and this fucking kid had beautiful green eyes and kind of brownish hair, and looked exactly like a mix between a russian and a mongol. I saw his parents once and they were both pretty swarthy, and his mom was pretty hot.

it all makes sense now
>>
File: 1384861900133.gif (3 MB, 350x185) Image search: [Google]
1384861900133.gif
3 MB, 350x185
Russians invaded but had to gtfo because guerilla warfare and shit economy don't go well together.
Americans droned it to ash but literally nothing changed.
Also, there are still some structures left from the Hellenic era after Alexander conquered it, although the latter is debatable
>>
>>57487410
most I know here either look almost white (by north american standards) or sandnigger
>>
>>57487742
I distinctly remember his father looked like my afghan friend (black hair, darker skin), his mother wore a hijab and I only remember her having a nice face

but (me being an /int/ guy) I always wondered how that guy could be so white. if you'd put him in any slavland he'd easily pass as a native. he had kind of a short, bulky look and a big head (reminds me of mongols), so you could kinda tell he wasn't dutch, plus his eyes were beautifully green (no wonder afghans rape boys desu)
>>
Gas all arabs. Worse than niggers.
>>
>>57488013
afghans are indoeuropean aryans, including a minority of asiatic turkics/mongols

also niggers are worse than arabs, at least arabs don't smell like utter shit on public transport in the mornings
>>
>>57488013
They aren't arabs
>>
>>57488013

this is bait
>>
>>57486634
You sure they are all spawn of rape? Because there are some Iranians that look quite white too.
>>
>>57488013
>I was just pretending to be retarded
Besides I feel inclined to disagree.
>>
File: defuck.jpg (75 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
defuck.jpg
75 KB, 500x375
>>57488653

pic related is an afghan and he's way too old to be a soviet rape-baby

exceptions exist, but most afghans look arab, some like white, some like poo-in-loo
>>
>>57488791
Yeah that was my point. It's strange how varied some populations are, there are blonde mongols with light eyes too.
>>
>>57483553
failed state

kiterunners

kebab

urdu, pashtu

not much diesel to be found
>>
>>57488653
nah take a look at this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYfBeeUzVME
they're an iranic, caucasian population so of course you'll have light hair/eyes pop up

>>57488943
urdu is pakistan
afghanistan is farsi and pashto
>>
>>57488875
a persian historian who lived in the 14th century described genghis khan as having red hair, being very tall and having green eyes

it's just that over time the recessive genes start to become rarer and rarer- so it's very possible (likely even) that there were more white people in the east many centuries ago
>>
>>57483553
They have a disgusting pedophile tradition called bacha bazi
>>
>>57485702
Nice bait
>>
File: northernpakistan_kashmir.jpg (27 KB, 324x480) Image search: [Google]
northernpakistan_kashmir.jpg
27 KB, 324x480
>>57483553
Don't know much, but I know my country is helping in some of the rebuilding projects over their. My sister went their few years back to give the locals some type of training and to oversee the management of a project funded by the Indian government. She said that although the country is in bad shape the people their are extremely hospitable and generous. She also said that out of the three countries with major presence in Afghanistan (USA, India and Pakistan), only India was somewhat seen in favorable light.
As for me, I know a couple Afghan lads who live in Delhi. Top lads 2bh.

>>57488791
Yeah there are plenty "white" looking folks there. Not really sure whether pic related is a local.
>>
>>57488989
>urdu is pakistan

i fuged up
>>
>>57489097
In what sense?
>>
>>57483553
entirely desolate Mars-like landscape that's been at the centre of a somewhat recent never ending war as well as many other conflicts throughout history for some reason.
Also somehow White,I think the majority of real afghanis want to be left alone to scrape a living off that god forsaken land,I mean they're good at agriculture,they have a rudimentary but efficient irrigation system,as well as extensive animal herding with transhumance and whatnot. I think Islam ruined that place more than anything.
And now that we know it's literally just a mountain made of valuable mineral,we know why the Soviets and Americans wanted to control it.
>>
>>57489618

Romanianon, did you deploy to Afghanistan? We had Romanian Army where I was, cool guys, hot women.
>>
>>57483953
It's just a graveyard, even efforts to make organized Afghani nations don't succeed there.
>>
File: afghanistan.webm (309 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
afghanistan.webm
309 KB, 320x240
Nobody can leave them the fuck alone.

Considering how many people think it's a "shithole", it somehow finds it self trying to be conquered or annexed.
>>
>>57489986

NATO doesn't want Afghanistsn, we just really don't want the Taliban, al-Qaeda, or ISIS to use it as a base.
>>
File: afghanistan.png (681 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
afghanistan.png
681 KB, 500x734
>>57489986
Source of the webm?
>>
>>57489986

>chechens and arabs with them

why can't subhuman chechens stay in their own countries?
>>
>>57490096
Well considering the Taliban, a nationalistic group that abides for Islam despises Al-Qaeda post-9/11 and they are literally fighting ISIS right now, I think it doesn't matter.

Leave them the fuck alone.
>>
>>57490255

you act like you all arnt apart of this. Canada has played a big role in the war in Afghanistan. There was a shit ton of Canadians when i was there
>>
>>57489986
>>57490255
>boohoo just let us sodomize little boys and brutalize women in peace
>>
>>57490193
YouTube "afghan folk song"

>>57490213
They go to Afghanistan and other cunts to do jihad

>>57490362
The US invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban demanded proof that Bin Laden did 9/11 and George Bush couldn't wait for proper evidence so he went and invaded.

The invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan are because of the US. We just got dragged into it.
>>
>>57490448
>boohoo why can't we invade a country and just let Europe take all the refugees?
>>
>>57490448
who gives a fuck what a bunch of slimes do in their own country
>>
>>57490540
>The US invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban demanded proof that Bin Laden did 9/11 and George Bush couldn't wait for proper evidence so he went and invaded.

Well we have proof bin laden did it, why the fuck would we wait? The Taliban was harboring al-Qaeda. Why the fuck would we just "leave them alone"??
>>
>>57490839
Israel and Saudi Arabia did 9/11, you wanted Afghanistan for the opium that the CIA sells
>>
Poor as fuck, terrorism, Muslims, etc.
>>
File: 1455084946280.jpg (45 KB, 460x400) Image search: [Google]
1455084946280.jpg
45 KB, 460x400
A country we're still very present in and the war within it ruined American confidence in just about every respect
>>
>>57490839
>invade a country instead of cooperating with the government

They were willing to extradite Osama, they just wanted proof which nobody provided. Bush pulled the triggered to invade and Osama lived in Pakistan instead of the mountains of Afghanistan.
>>
>>57490937

no, al-Qaeda did 9/11, and they were hiding out in Afghanistan

>>57490986

Lmao, what government?
>>
>>57490986

Osama was living in Afghanistan, but feld to Pakistan a few months into the war
>>
>>57491169
The Taliban at that point in time was the government you dufus. The Northern Alliance was a rebel group.

>On October 14, the Taliban offered to discuss handing over Osama bin Laden to a neutral country in return for a bombing halt, but only if the Taliban were given evidence of bin Laden's involvement.[162] The U.S. rejected this offer, and continued military operations.

>>57491232
Yeah, that's what I said. The Americans invaded and Osama went from the mountains to Pakistan.
>>
>>57491494

we don't negotiate with terrorists
>>
File: massoud.jpg (22 KB, 331x444) Image search: [Google]
massoud.jpg
22 KB, 331x444
Friendly reminder that the northern alliance and pic related would have been the best leaders for Afghanistan.
>>
>>57492535
no, the northern alliance are the same if not worse scum than the taliban, at least the taliban are bound by some form of islam, the northern alliance (the members at least) were thug savages
>>
>>57489986

>Literally making a folk song about the fall of Pakistan

START SHIT GET HIT
>>
>>57493126

What.

Dude the Taliban wouldn't let people go to school and was tyrannical as fuck
>>
>>57483553

another country that ZOG puppet US and NATO analraped and sent back to stone age
>>
>>57493469
>le taliban memes

what schools? the mujahideen and russians destroyed every semblance of a school

the taliban were tyrannical, sure, there were public executions and whatnot but at the very least, they weren't as subhuman as what the mujahideen were like during the civil war (not real mujahideen desu since they weren't fighting russians anymore but each other), the mujahideen during that period were the sort to cut off the breasts of women, sodomize children, kill and rape women, so on and so forth, the atrocious acts of the mujahideen is one of the major reasons as to why the taliban were at first accepted by the populace (only to be revealed to be another evil)

massoud had good ideas, he was a very nationalistic afghan but his men were far from as great as people itt paint them

ask any afghan of any ethnicity that lived in kabul during the time when massoud and hekmatyar were fighting each other shooting rockets left and right, they all wish death upon hekmatyar and are glad massoud is dead
>>
>>57493649

>implying it wasn't already in the Stone Age before we got there
>>
>>57493737

they weren't that bad, they were at somewhere like middle ages
>>
>>57489179
Some look surprisingly European?

That's where Europeans (Eastern anyway) came from. Why would that be such a surprise?
>>
>>57491945
Nobody was necessarily better at the time. Both were comitted massacres but the Taliban won because they were also a Pashtun nationalistic group.
>>
>>57493808

Qalat put up their very first radio tower, in history when I was there.
>>
>>57493722

Why not go back home and help out
>>
>>57494975
I'm a poorfag med student that's why, my parents want me to go and help poor people there but personally, I don't know, what difference could I make? I've been there before and it's terrible.
>>
>>57495316
By being a doctor and helping out over there in a clinic
>>
>>57495316
stay in canada you have no obligations and we need doctors t b h
>>
>>57493722
Yeah, I guess that is true.

From what I've read the people we sided with were consistently as bad as the Taliban if not occasionally worse. The Taliban got support because, unlike Northern Alliance officials, they didn't sodomize people's children when they came, and in fact outlawed boy sodomy. Though roughly as misogynistic, they were still slightly better than the NA. Even Karzai ended up repealing the progress we made once word got out that we were preparing to leave and let his government handle things. Even RAWA says that we made things way worse.

It was a shitshow, but it would've been a shitshow either way -- the whole place has been doomed ever since we armed militants to fight the Russians. I wonder if it's even possible to actually get permanent, positive change in Afghanistan? I'm honestly not sure that there is literally anything that can be or (post Soviet-Afghan War) could have been done to fix that place.
>>
>>57493722
>glad massoud is dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq-zqA1DMWs
>>
>>57496422
no shit supporters of his (literally only people from panjshir) would go out during his funeral, he's from panjshir, tajiks in the north and west dislike massoud because they feel he stole their voice/political opinion

trust when I say people in kabul living there during the civil war hated him

>>57495689
there won't be peace for another 50 years I'd bet
>>
>>57496658

I hope your country doesn't see 50 years.
>>
An irrelevant kingdom which became a Soviet satellite with potential. But, we exacerbated the ongoing struggle between Soviet/leftist reformers and ultra-conservatives/Islamists, thus making the modern nation into a shithole.
>>
>>57488791
That guy is actually Russian
>>
>>57496422
read this if you're actually interested in Afghanistan's post-Soviet civil war

https://www.hrw.org/reports/2005/afghanistan0605/4.htm
>>
>>57483553
It's was ok before Americans gave moneyz to local islamists and glorious Soviet Army was forced to grind this coutry into dust.
>>
>>57491169
>>57490986
>>57490937
>>57490839
You guys are all wrong. Jimmy page did 9/11
>>
>>57493381
Fuck off porki
>>
File: Pashtuns.jpg (285 KB, 1024x913) Image search: [Google]
Pashtuns.jpg
285 KB, 1024x913
pashtuns are white
>>
>>57489103
Afghanistan has a higher approval rating of India than any other Asian country.
>>
>>57483553
Backwards tribal shithole that should really just be split into smaller states Tbh.

Islam and perpetual war have left it to be in a state of eternal arrested development.
>>
>>57497005
Wrong. Afghanistan has never been prosperous.

The fact that it's caught right between Iran, Russia and the subcontinent hasn't helped it elevate its status from beyond a trampling ground.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.