[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do in Vancouver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: canadinavia.png (7 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
canadinavia.png
7 KB, 640x400
I have a job interview in Vancouver soon, coincidentally I have some airline credit, and I don't wanna use it for just a day trip, so my gf and I are gonna spend a few days there.

What do tourists usually do there? We're both naturefags so we'll definitely indulge in the surrounding area and DUDE WEED LMAO.

Also what are the people like? I understand it's mostly immigrants. Any tips for not standing out as obvious Americans?
>>
Bump for advice. I'm headed there soon too and don't know what there is to do.
>>
>>57458886
Try post in /trv/ anon
>>
>>57458886
Oh, I can help with this.

Go to the Lynn Valley Suspension bridge if you can, in North Vancouver (You can take the ... either 228 or 229 bus from the lonsdale quay seabus terminal to get there), it has some amazing views of the canyon below, and is free unlike the more advertised capilano suspension bridge.

There is some very nice Chinese food in the city, as well as some amazing sushi. I'm not a huge expert on sushi places (I usually just go with friends so I don't know what's good, but yelp or whatever can help). Reviews on review sites won't be very helpful for chinese though. A good entry level chinese place would be somewhere like the peaceful restaurant on broadway.

The people are fairly normal and laid back for the most part, but quite conservative in some ways. The mainlanders are scummy but that's to be expected from upjumped peasants. Nobody cares if you are american, nobody but me was born here anyways.

I don't do drugs but you can find weed around easily from what I've heard. If you have any more questions just ask. What are you interviewing for?
>>
Fuck man just swing by UBC and I'll hook you up
>>
>>57460551
I'll be going there to study soon, any more interesting things to do?
>>
>>57460613
UBC? What major?

If you want to meet cute girls go to the yoga classes.

There is also all the winter stuff on the mountains, students get discounts. You can go to the nude beaches to watch old people get sunburnt. Lots of running and biking in general. I don't know much about nightlife because I've been tunnel vision in uni.

>>57460607
Which faculty?
>>
>>57460665
Sauder unironically.

I'm really looking forward to it, I've lived in this part of the world for 8 years and I need a change. There's so many things to do it seems almost overwhelming. I want to start running and hiking in UBC and nearby places.
>>
>>57458886
>he wants to go to vancover
>unironically
lol
>>
>>57460749
>more brown in sauder
Beware that they are getting antsy there after feminists came after them for some slut-shaming song, so they are on a super feminist kick. Aside from that it's a fairly good school.

I'm kind of on the opposite side in a way. As a white guy (engineering) I'm getting tired of this city, I've been here my whole life and don't feel much belonging here anymore. I want to get out of here...

Anyways pacific spirit park is fun to run in, and the mountains are great for hiking. Mt. Fromme has some great hiking trails, as do the Lynn Headwaters (these are the best). Take the Baden-Powell trail at least once during your time here.

>>57460841
It's a great city to visit. Bloody expensive to live here though. It really is breathtakingly beautiful.
>>
>>57458886

Oh my fuck, I wouldn't hire you EVER.

As an engineer don't ever say that shit you idiot.

I'd never hire you. I'll be watching for you on a resume. Holy shit you're not getting hired EVER.
>>
>>57460857
I thought Sauder's full of Chinks not Brown people

Where do you plan on going after grad?

Also, thanks for the recommendations. I'll look into those places.
>>
>>57460953
Does this poster have autism?
>>
>>57460988

You're blacklisted.

Unless you can turn grass into glass you're done.
>>
>>57460959
Honestly at this point it's just a big blur of brown to me. But you are right it is mostly chinks. Not much racism here so you'll be fine.

Although the few malaysians I know are really ugly so you may have some trouble with girls, I don't know. I'm ugly and awkward and have trouble with them.

I have no idea what I'm doing after grad, it's coming up in a few weeks and I still don't have a job yet and I'm starting to get a little worried...

What made you choose sauder?
>>
>>57460988

it's an engineer so of course he has autism.
>>
I hate what my best friend is doing by a mile.

"You know the water level is over ten feet from what they told you right?"

"Yeah, but they only paid me for that."
>>
>>57461151
Do you have autism?
>>
>>57461057
I'm not Malaysian but quite shy so yeah, it'll be kind of difficult for me.

I put Sauder as my second option after BIE, but I didn't get in there. UBC seems like a chill place and also has good academics so it fit me well.

Good luck man, I'm scared the same thing will happen to me.
>>
>>57461167

No, but in about ten days the water level is going to rise on the river and I'm about to be totally right. Autism isn't going to make any difference.
>>
>>57461187
Well if you sleep with even one girl you'll be ahead of me. There are tons of girls in sauder though.

UBC is honestly a great school. I would have a job if I wasn't a raging autist, and I know I will get one in time.

What are you?

>>57461227
Which river?
>>
>>57461235

The Bitteroot.

We have about four to ten days. If the ditch company opens the other gate we're fucked.
>>
>>57461235
I'm ethnically Indian but don't really have a country of my own.

I've heard the girls there are quite nice over there so that's another thing to look forward to.
>>
>>57461288
>Bitteroot
What does this have to do with vancouver?
>>
>>57461659

You said it, not me.

Dude, I've been there.
>>
>>57461919
Are you on drugs?
>>
>>57461967

No, but your zoneulin is off the fucking
the charts.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.