[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Black, Asian and White the only ethnicities in the world?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: sky-earth-galaxy-universe.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3075) Image search: [Google]
sky-earth-galaxy-universe.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3075
Are Black, Asian and White the only ethnicities in the world?
>>
>>57454346
the only ones that matter.
>>
If you're retarded, yes
>>
>>57454384
No, really, is there any other?
>>
Abos are kind of their own thing
>>
File: 363568073.jpg (2 MB, 4256x2655) Image search: [Google]
363568073.jpg
2 MB, 4256x2655
>>57454346
wow that's like so racist how can you forget about the blue people
>>
>>57454384
>black
>matter
>>
>>57454405
Abo
>>
>>57454437
I actually knew one of them lol
>>
>>57454346
Hi Brazil anon. I'm a geneticist. I've worked on a human genetic variation project known as the 1000Genomes.

The definition of an ethnicity is vague. But I'm assuming you mean like a "super-population"

These super-populations are

>East Asian- Amerindian
>Subsaharan Afrian
>European/MENA/South Asian
>Abo (Melanesians) [You can maybe lump this with South Asians sometimes but they were isolated for so long]

There are always islands of people like the Andamans but that's the general break down. These super-populations are established by migrations (like OoA) and over 10,000 years ago
>>
>>57454582
I can answer more questions too about genetics
>>
>>57454582
So Amerindian are really just asian people, huh?

What about the people in India? They're more different from the others
>>
>>57454582
How much genetic diference is there between North africans and europeans, after all?
>>
>>57454555

me too, your sis choking on my cock
>>
>>57454648
>Amerindian
These people are from multiple migrations from East Siberia starting 25,000 years ago. Last migration (if you don't count inuits) was around 10,000 - 7,000 years ago.

>India
You have two main groups today, Dravidian and Aryans. The Dravidian were in India before the Aryans, possibly the first inhabitants of India (migrating over 30,000 years ago). The Dravidian are """somewhat""" related to the Abos which is why I said some people think they are different.

The Aryans invaded from the north around 15,000 years ago (I don't know this estimate though just guessing) and today most of north India is Aryan and the south Dravidian.

However India mixed a lot even throughout the caste system. So you won't really find a pure Aryan or Dravidian (but people may "look more Aryan" or vice versa, but genetically it's pretty consistently mixed)
Basically Chinese people are more related to Amerindians than Indians.
>>
>>57454735
Berbers and Europeans not that much actually. There's a hypothesis that the Berbers are part of a tribe of pre-IndoEuropeans that migrated from Iberia to North Africa.

North Africa today is largely admixed with Arabs from the peninsula. Arabs and Europeans are more related to each other than Arabs and Africans or East Asians.
>>
File: ok lmao.jpg (2 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
ok lmao.jpg
2 KB, 64x64
>>57454764

>panama
>>
>>57454346
>Black, Asian and White
>Ethnicities
Are Brazillians the most retarded on /int/?
>>
>>57454911

Were they a Semitic tribe that went into Europe or did they switch languages after getting into Africa?
>>
>>57454609
How can I mutate my genes to have powers like the x men?
>>
File: pca.png (38 KB, 300x282) Image search: [Google]
pca.png
38 KB, 300x282
>>57454735
This is a PCA plot it plots the variance between samples.

Basically for this test you genotype people from around the world and see how are they different from each other.

Usually this plots show geographic isolation, which leads to different ethnic groups.

The Blue/Purple are Europeans. Red are Middle Easterners (the red closest to Africa is most likely Sudan and Somalia). Green is subSaharan african,

What's interesting is that Mexico which is a mix between European and Amerindian is a spread between East Asia and Europe (a mix of the two)
>>
>>57455012
That's a really good question. The idea is that the Berbers are a mix of indigenous Afro-Semetic speaking people and pre-IndoEuropeans from Europe.

People migrate and mix all over. But the Berber language is a lot different than say Arabic and Hebrew. (I can speak a little Arabic so I understand more Hebrew than Berber)
>>
>>57454609
How genetically diverse are Africans? Is the difference between a west African and South African really high?
>>
>>57455016
You can mutate your genome by exposing yourself to chemical mutagens or radiation. However these are blind shots and you will probably get cancer.

If you knew a certain mutation will give you X ability you can mutate it with CRISPR-CAS9 technology. However getting it into your somatic cells is an issue (maybe a special AAV vector)

Easier to genetically mutate you as a zygote to be honest.
>>
>>57455099
Africans are more genetically diverse within Africa than Eurasians within Eurasia

You're right about South Africans which is another "fringe" ethnicity people talk about (Khoisan peoples)

the difference between a Bantu (West African) and Khoisan is great. More different than an Italian and Chinese. Khoisans are probably most related to the human ancestor.

However if you look at genetic difference between West Africa and Sudan Dinka it's not as great as the Khosian.

Reason why Africa is so diverse is that when humans left Africa to populate the rest of the world it created a bottle neck. imagine you are leaving africa but can carry only four crayons. From now on everyone out of Africa will have one of the four crayons. But in Africa there are 20 crayons and they all pass around. The Sahara desert blocked a lot of movement for 1000s of years.
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 1280x960
>>57454582
How white am I, Mr. Geneticist? Also where do the different eye colors come from? Which eye colors are more dominant or recessive?
>>
>>57455256
You're not white you're a pig
>>
>>57455256
Can't tell how white you are based on looks (phenotype). Andamans are black as tar but are genetically related to South Indians than West Africans (over 30,000 years apart from Africans) pic related.

Eye color is not dominant/recessive. It's more complex than that. Color is melanin pigment. If you don't make any eye pigment it's the natural color of your iris which is blue.

If you produce a little bit of pigment it's green. a little more brown and a lot makes black. It's not just one gene that determines the color but a whole bunch.
>>
>>57455256
>>57455372
forgot pic
>>
>>57454582
>pooinloos and abos are related

this explain so much things desu
>>
>>57455372
Cool but where do they come from?
>>
It's very hard to see in this pic but the Jefferson building of the Library of Congress here is decorated with 33 ethological heads representing the races of man.

So there's probably at least as many.
>>
>>57457033
The genes that determine eye color are not "eye color" genes but pigment genes.

The ancestral pigment is dark. Mutations that occur naturally make new variations. If you're near the equator having no pigment is likely going to make you less fit. Thus being less pigmented (which lead to light color eyes) became more common in northern latitudes.

There are also genes that control the expression of pigment genes. So if you mutate one of these regulatory genes you may produce green eyes and tan skin.
>>
File: 3c01889r.jpg (64 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
3c01889r.jpg
64 KB, 640x512
>>57457178
some of the heads.
>>
>>57455372
>there's a pack of niggers ahead, I better cross to the other sidewalk
>oh wait those niggers might be Korean, you can't tell based on looks
>>
>>57457232
You're not thinking probabilistically. Chances are a black person is a nigger is 95% chances are Admanan outside of India 0.0001%
>>
>>57457232
But Professor Goldstein how can I apply probability if I don't know what I'm looking at and don't know the world's population of niggers and Andamans.
>>
>>57457232
>saying "nigger"
What is this, 4chum? Go back to /pol/. This site is for people who are actually trying to pretend to be intelligent, not 13 year olds who want to be edgy.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 665x892) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 665x892
>>57457798
Found the redditor
>>
>>57455256
The colour of the skin doesn't matter when you are that ugly.
>>
>>57457182
i've heard evolutionary theory favors genetic diversity. now, are there disadvantages to genetic diversity, and if there are, do they ever overshadow the advantages? In other words, can a specie be negatively affected by genetic diversity?
>>
>>57458045
>anime poster
>image.jpg
Found the faggot
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/pol/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>57458567
Nigger
>>
no
ethnicities aren't real
it's just genes shifting around and changing over time. people having very different looks is because they share a greater number of ancestors that lived there and the genes acclimated to that particular environment. things like blue eyes and stuff are random mutations that pop up. there's no white race or black race.
>>
>>57454911
So, Ancient Hamitic Egyptians (No, not Nubians) were close to Berbers, right?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.