[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-g ermany-russia-relations-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1438477328768.gif (106 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1438477328768.gif
106 KB, 512x512
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-russia-relations-insight-idUSKCN0X10NV

>The accusations of disinformation have spawned a whole new vocabulary. Officials at NATO now talk about the 'weaponization of information' by Russia. Colonel Aivar Jaeski, deputy director at the NATO Strategic Communications Centre of Excellence, says Russia's campaign against Europe uses "angry trolls" who produce online hate speech, and "bikini trolls" to lure followers and then sow discord and doubt about news events.

>Jaeski pointed to a NATO StratCom report on trolling, which says the Guardian newspaper's online edition was targeted "in a troll attack that is considered to have been ordered by the Kremlin" over its reporting on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 over Ukraine.

>The Kremlin has repeatedly denied funding or backing online trolls, and has specifically denied any connection with a company based in St Petersburg whose ex-employees have said they were paid to spread disinformation, praise Putin and criticize the West.

What do you think, /int/?
Are Russian shitposters on the take?
Answers in the form of haiku are encouraged.
>>
>>57427877

Shouldn't you be pretending you can teach English my unfortunate American mistake
>>
>>57428235
>American
Nope
>teacher
nope

Embarrassant, peh.
>>
This URL is too long to fit in a haiku
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/08/the-kremlins-troll-army/375932/

As is this one
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/mar/17/us-spy-operation-social-networks
>>
>>57427877

No proofs to be found
NATO smear Russians again
Don't trust your leaders
>>
Russians are spreading lies
We are telling the truth
Please re-elect
>>
>>57428457
Interesting stuff, but I'd be as wary about reading anything from The Guardian as any other news outlet with an immediately obvious bias.

>>57428544
D for effort, but you fail to grasp the fundamentals of haiku.
>>
>>57427877
Old news, dudes. There is in Russia so-called "Troll Factory" in Olgino city. In this case we're calling their "Olkas"
>>
>>57428467
Very nice, Israel. Try including a reference to nature and/ or the transience of life next time, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 700x946) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 700x946
>>57427877
We do the same
>>
File: dank.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dank.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>57428976
>born too late to explore the Earth
>born too early to explore the galaxy
>born just in time to fight in the World Meme War
>>
>>57428976
>meme-warfare
Good God, it's happening.
>>
Infowars is such a gay term but we're living it.
>>
>>57429056
>>57429096
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a507172.pdf

One of us should buy the book too. Idk why this is for sale.
http://www.amazon.com/Memetics-Growth-Industry-Military-Operations-ebook/dp/B00X96VSG2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459872858&sr=8-1&keywords=Memetics%3A+A+Growth+Industry+in+U.S.+Military+Operations
>>
>>57428741
Russians spread lies
Cold like Siberian wind
Give back Kurils
>>
>>57427877
>spread disinformation, praise Putin and criticize the West.
the internet is literally full of this crap, these days it's hard to tell whether it's paid Kremlin shills or idiots regurgitating their lies.
>>
>>57429207
>Idk why this is for sale
So that other countries will waste millions trying to implement their own meme divisions by emulating the American strategy?
The techniques would be the memes, but their utter lack of efficacy, coupled with the cost, would hurt any nation dumb enough to try.
The book itself is meme warfare.

>>57429266
5-7-5, step it up 先輩.
>>
>>57429513
>5-7-5
It's a meme, lad.
>>
>>57429344
The problem is, who in their right mind would let a random post on a news site change any opinion they have on Russia or Putin? Seems like if Russia was paying for this service, they'd just be pissing away money on literally nothing.
Maybe it's to make their NEETs feel like they have a purpose.
>>
>>57429566
Are you trolling?
I don't know what's real anymore.
>>
My haiku:

Russians are very poor
Shitpost online they must
To survive another day
>>
>>57429606
You'd be surprised. Torrents of different accounts spewing the same garbage on any video about politics may well sway the opinion of the average punter.
>>
>>57429667

Kremlin has money
Russian shitposters do not
The contract writes itself
>>
>>57429513
Wow I think you have just cracked a very important meme. You should watch out they could be watching.
>>
You are now aware
This site has been infested
With trolls trolling trolls
>>
>>57429764

Putin gets bullied
Shitposters call others gay
For 5 rubles/day
>>
>>57429652
It doesn't really have to be exactly 5-7-5, especially when written in non-japanese. But whatever.

West dindu nuffin
Russians are lying pigdogs
Sakura blossoms
>>
>>57429706
That's a depressing thought.
One f the links above reckons it's to poison the climate of debate on online articles, but that doesn't take into account that most news outlets (and by extension, their readers) have a reasonably strong bias anyway.
>>
>>57429984
Well, fuck. Time to turn in the weeb card and commit sudoku.
>>
>>57427877
Well memed
>>
>>57430063
Just don't get your knowledge from wikipedia.
>>
>>57429911

Russian goes diving
Fills pool with kremlin money
Collides with the floor
>>
>>57427877
>tfw you will never get paid to shitpost
>>
>>57430124
More like my hopeless primary education. I'm actually insulted that you went straight for wikipedia.
>>
File: merkel.jpg (279 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
merkel.jpg
279 KB, 660x440
>>57430131
>>
>>57430210
I always knew i was a poet at heart
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.