[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 15 countries % of military spending according to SIPRI Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
Top 15 countries % of military spending according to SIPRI

Thoughts?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_International_Peace_Research_Institute
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Daniel_Rotfeld
owned by jews. israeli propaganda and lie.
sage
>>
>>57424503
usa - bad
china - good
>>
>>57424595
I prefer the IISS personally but they don't publish a nice pie chart. Also this is a brand new report published yesterday
>>
>>57424503
Not nearly high enough desu.
>>
Bravo, Oman
>>
>>57425297
For what purpose? They're allied with the US and UK and are pretty much the only mudslime country that isn't full of chimps.
>>
>>57425427
They're surrounded by countries which are chimping out, they have a tiny population, and a reasonably long border + sea area to protect
>>
>>57425427
Also if I was a middle-east country I wouldn't trust any Western countries any more. The Arab Spring changed everything.
>>
>>57425591
Didn't they literally have a treaty with you for like 200 years where they weren't allowed to have an army and you had to defend them?
>>
>>57425668
Yeah it was a British Protectorate.

The Omani armed forces were trained from scratch by the British military and have very strong ties to British institutions. Also Oman and the UK have recently agreed to a permanent Royal Navy base and a new permanent Army base is likely too:

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/international/mideast-africa/2016/03/31/fallon-uk-oman-base/82467712/

Important ally for Britain because it is a springboard into the Indian Ocean
>>
>>57425888
Right, so why not just make you guys do everything like Germany does to us?
>>
>>57426042
What do the Germans make you do?

Oman is an independent country now. In order to be truly independent and sovereign you need to be able to defend yourself. Relying on others erodes your independence.

The relationship is now one of two allies rather than imperial power and protectorate. We gain from having bases in a strategic location, Oman gains by having Britain interested in supporting them.
>>
>>57426227
>What do the Germans make you do? You answered it here - performing a basic funcrion of a state by making us almost entirely responsible for their defense.
>Oman is an independent country now. In order to be truly independent and sovereign you need to be able to defend yourself. Relying on others erodes your independence.

Seems to be a good deal for the krauts which is why I'm surprised countries in similar situations haven't adopted the model.
>>
>>57424595
>Trusting a turk
I rather sucky sucky Vlad's dick, terrorist enabler.
>>
>>57425591
Why, Poojat? The arab spring mostly brought muh muslims into power or did absolutely NOTHING to those in power. Arab Spring just made the ragheads even more "democratic" as in voting the retards and imams they so love. Are you libtarded?
>>
>>57426364
>Seems to be a good deal for the krauts

I disagree. By having no military power and being overly reliant powers which might have different interests, what you're doing is crippling your foreign policy. You also put yourself in a bad position if the alliance breaks down because military power needs long term investment it's difficult to generate quickly.
>>
File: 6.jpg (222 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
222 KB, 700x350
Top drone research and development investors
>>
>>57424503

> USA
> Peacekeeper
>>
>>57429839

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGM-118_Peacekeeper
>>
I'm amazed at how little the US accomplish with how much. No one even shudders in fear when the American military is mentioned, they're just some jackasses with expensive toys who know no better than to bomb everything from a safe distance.
>>
Top 10 arms companies excluding China
>>
Country share of top 100 arms companies
>>
File: astros-eb-600x400.jpg (53 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
astros-eb-600x400.jpg
53 KB, 600x400
>11th

Noice.
>>
>>57429978
>No one even shudders in fear when the American military is mentioned
You should visit your grandparents more often. They'll tell you about american military.
>>
>>57429978
>bomb everything from a safe distance.

Why get up close and personal if you don't have to?
>>
>>57431888

That's a sick fucking burn. I'm impressed
>>
File: groups worldwide.png (173 KB, 1306x5702) Image search: [Google]
groups worldwide.png
173 KB, 1306x5702
>>
>>57429978
Read up on the Gulf War.
>>
It's really mind boggling even when I read stuff like this and wonder how countries like China and Russia barely scratch.

Although I do remember someone telling me the military budget is so big by virtue of the size of the economy, that itself being a smaller budget than or spending entitlements.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.