[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I realized regions of france were changed since 2016. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: regions of france.png (832 KB, 4379x4096) Image search: [Google]
regions of france.png
832 KB, 4379x4096
So I realized regions of france were changed since 2016.

How your life in france changed?

Please tell me.
>>
>>57411841
>How your life in france changed?
It hasn't, my region hasn't be changed.
>>
Got blown up by soldier of Allah, reincarnated as an American.

Feels good man.
>>
>>57411841
Have they come up with better, non-retarded names yet?
>>
>Alsace-Lorraine-Champagne-Ardennes
It's "Grand Est" now
>>
File: MxM9qj9.jpg (11 KB, 261x208) Image search: [Google]
MxM9qj9.jpg
11 KB, 261x208
>>57412854
>Nord-Pas-de-Calais Picardie has been renamed Hauts-de-France.
>The flatest region now literally called "France's Heights" because it's at the top of the map
>>
>>57413149
you should look into the Saxony fiasco in germany if you really wan't to get confused
>>
>>57411841
Why did they change it.
I'm mad. Now we have to annex Picardië too when the Netherlands reunify.
>>
>>57413379
Because NO MORE FUCKING MONEY
>>
>>57413399
But don't all these places have their own languages and cultures, and long histories?
I remember when they wanted to fuse our provinces, but the people protested because they feared their indigenous culture and languages would disappear, and some of them go back a thousand years or more.

Meanwhile, it seems that both French dialects (Both Oc and Oïl) and the non-Latin minority languages (Breton, French Flemish, and to a lesser extend, Alsatian) are dying.
>>
>>57413569
>Meanwhile, it seems that both French dialects (Both Oc and Oïl) and the non-Latin minority languages (Breton, French Flemish, and to a lesser extend, Alsatian) are dying.

That has always been the goal of the French state.
>>
>>57413569
Changing a few administrative borders is irrelevant. Life hasn't changed for anybody, France is still shit

>>57413583
hurr
>>
>>57413569
As if the government gives a shit
>>
>>57413569
State funds local preserve-our-regional-heritage stuff as part of the cultural effort, but yeah aside from that all recent policies tend to centralize everything and wipe out local identities
>>
>>57413379
>Why did they change it.
To make the regions more competitive and more powerful compared to Paris. For example Aquitaine-Limousin-Poitou-Charentes (temporary name) is intended to be a coalition of all the big wine producing former regions to become one super wineregion that can compete with other, more powerful regions.

Economically speaking it makes sense, though culturally/historically it doesn't (except Normandie being reunited).
>>
>>57415951
>To make the regions more competitive and more powerful compared to Paris
Something tells me nothing would change.
>>
>>57411841
It hasn't.

We still have 35.000 communes. When Japan has only 1700 municipalities.

A lot of wasted money, as always in this shithole.
>>
>>57416111
Nothing will change in the sense that Paris will still call all the shots, but the regions will be somewhat more autonomous due to being more financially powerful, as well as more capable of competing with eachother. The poor "literally who?" regions nobody cares about are gone... except for Corsica, but adding them to Provence would cause butthurt unimaginable. Picardie being added to Hautes de France already ruffled some feathers.
>>
>>57416159
People criticize about France has too many communes? Japan reduced municipalities in 2000s' (it was called big Anschluss) and now the biggest city is larger than small prefectures.
>>
>>57411885
Breton de merde
>>
How did they move Ile de France into the ocean?
>>
>>57418041
Ou corse
>>
>>57413569
>But don't all these places have their own languages and cultures, and long histories?
Not since the 30's
>>
File: 1426361087-regione.jpg (361 KB, 2184x1935) Image search: [Google]
1426361087-regione.jpg
361 KB, 2184x1935
they proposed a meme regions-changing in italy as well
>>
>>57418041
:^)
>>
>>57411841
It's about bureaucracy and paperwork. Nothing changed.
>>
>>57418153
It's literally "island of France" so I think it was in the ocean in the first place.
>>
>>57418153
>>57418951
That's the trditional of Paris and it's surrounding.
THey call it like that because Paris was first built on an island.
THey zoomed it because there is an important chunk of the population there.
>>
>>57411841

Call me when you ugly frogs give Rossiglione back
>>
>>57418636

> dat toscana
> dat triveneto

Literally puking right now
Tutto quello che devono fare è levare lo statuto speciale ai terroni e ai valdostani e centralizzare il più possibile, il federalismo è stato un disastro assoluto dal punto di vista economico e prima lo ammettono meglio è.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.