[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never be Russian Why even live?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 15638913444_688a6b68a0_o.jpg (1 MB, 2504x1077) Image search: [Google]
15638913444_688a6b68a0_o.jpg
1 MB, 2504x1077
>you will never be Russian

Why even live?
>>
Don't worry son. We basically get the same weather here.

Now kill yourself.
>>
All of Russia would have beautiful architecture if the Bolsheviks lost
>>
>>57405642
To be honest, I don't understand.

How the fuck can the Bolsheviks fuck up such a random thing like "architecture" in a country?

Like did they kill all the fucking construction workers and architects when they took over? Is it Bolshevik tradition to constantly assign the least capable people to build the shittiest buildings literally everywhere?

I just don't understand how being communist is mutually exclusive of being stylish.
>>
>>57405783
>How the fuck can the Bolsheviks fuck up such a random thing like "architecture" in a country?

Because Communism is anti-culture

Just look at China. Their old culture/identity has been almost completely wiped out
>>
>>57405783
Not just architecture

All those would-be composers, poets, writers, artists
All gone
>>
>>57405783
they wanted to redefine all art to express communism

that's the point, the artistic expression derived from the brutal anti materialist struggle, it is suppose to be counter to the stuff that was there, that's the point
>>
thank tengri i am not a rus
>>
>>57405783
they were concerned with making sure all people had houses than with making sure that a few people had really nice houses. industrialization under stalin combined with famines associated with the 5 year plan caused millions to migrate to big cities; those millions needed a place to live. soviet architecture is purely utilitarian, the goal was to house as many people as possible, whereas tsarist architecture was based on aesthetics and one-upsmanship

petersburg is beautiful, sure, but that beauty was literally bought with bodies. the city was built on the bones of 10,000 serfs

revisionists coo and aww at how beautiful pre-soviet architecture is, but they rarely consider the implications of that beauty and the suffering that goes hand in hand with it
>>
>>57406274
Ikr
>>
>>57405783

>Like did they kill all the fucking construction workers and architects when they took over? Is it Bolshevik tradition to constantly assign the least capable people to build the shittiest buildings literally everywhere?

This kind of thing happens when you kill, imprison, and exile your intellectual class.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.