[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Afghanistan unconquerable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: Afghanistan Map.jpg (62 KB, 518x417) Image search: [Google]
Afghanistan Map.jpg
62 KB, 518x417
Why is Afghanistan unconquerable?
>>
memes
>>
>>57387026
because of it's mountainous nature and irrelevantness
>>
>>57387026
If Afghanistan is unconquerable, then why do its people act and look like Arabs? They're a long ways away from Mecca.
>>
Guerilla warfare and mountains n shiet
>>
>>57388169
Afghans look nothing like Arabs, especially considering Afghanistan is a multi-ethnic country with Indo-Aryans, Turkics, Mongols, etc
>>
>>57387026
Foreign funding for freedom fighters
>>
>>57388169
sorry, but we look >white or sandnigger on average, there are some chinks too
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 1000x1000
>>57387793

>irrelevantness

We had three wars with them, the Soviets invaded them and the entire world led by the Americans invaded them. It has nothing to do with "irrelevantness", dumb roach.

In any case, I've been reading the book "Return of a King" (pic related). Afghanistan is definitely unconquerable and has been conquered many times. But the people are extremely fierce and very savage. They are relentless, and their land is perfect for asymmetric warfare. That's the reason they have been so successful in fighting major forces and... surviving (wouldn't say winning).

I'd recommend you to buy book in pic related if you want to learn more about it.
>>
>>57388169
Persians and Turks conquered Afghanistan many times but since we had no culture they held onto Persian culture instead
>>
>>57388623
persians never conquered afghanistan, in fact it was usually the other way around, people from the land where afghanistan lies today conquered iran/central asia whether you want to go to the time of the samanids, ghaznavids, saffarids, you name it

also, turkics did conquer afghanistan, and guess what? turkics have nothing to do with modern day turks in turkey
>>
>>57388593
>Afghanistan is definitely unconquerable and has been conquered many times
Hm
>>
>>57388623
The only thing they learned from Turks is pederasty, not even joking.

But anyway, Afghanistan has more Turk blood than Turkey/Azerbaijan does. They have many Uzbeks, Turkmens, Mongols and even the others look somewhat chinky to me.
>>
>>57388623
>turk from turkey associating himself with turkics
everytime

turks in turkey are literally just kurd/arab mix
>>
>>57388746

I meant it is definitely conquerable.
>>
>>57388623
Afghanistan was Persia though.

That's like saying the Romans conquered Italy.
>>
>>57387793
>>57388220
Tajikistan is 90% mountains but got Ruski'd
>>
>>57389721
that's because farsis are all betas whether in iran/afghanistan or tajikistan

they just accept and assimilate their conquerors with little to no resistance whether it's the arabs, mongols or turks
>>
>>57389721
Afghanistan didn't get conquered by the Russians because >we (the British) didn't want them to, otherwise it would have happened.

See Panjdeh incident. Afghanistan would have been conquered by the Russians easily without the British.
>>
File: image.jpg (418 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
418 KB, 1462x1462
>Afghanistan has a city literally named Kabuoom
>>
>>57390169
yeah but my cousins in germany all have hot german gfs

seriously, one of my cousins is ugly af and he has a hot gf, do you guys just hand them out or what
>>
>>57389854
Yet the most profilic anti-Soviet commanders were Farsi speakers
>>
>>57390366
cucks to americans, all the mujahideen ever did were destroy schools and entire cities

the soviets actually wanted to improve the country, they did a lot for infrastructure, their brutal invasion wasn't good and allowed for the mujahideen to get support
>>
Cause it's a big place. I expect you'll become quite familiar with any binoculars as you plan your next move.
>>
Man, a thread about Afghanistan.
What can you tell me about Afghanistan, OP?
To me, it looks like an enchanting country. Beautiful, but troubled
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 962x641) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 962x641
>>57390493
Soviets were so generous, they gave Afghanistan 10 MILLION FREE land mines

mujahideens were a mistake
>>
>>57390638
I meant that the soviets at least built infrastructure and promoted education, they had at least to some extent, good intentions for afghanistan. Once the war broke out things changed and the soviets did a lot of bad shit - one of which as you mentioned were the slew of landmines that still exist among indiscrimate killing of civilians leading to support for american backed mujahideen.
>>
File: hrm.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
hrm.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>57387026
>Why is Afghanistan unconquerable?

It's been conquered many times.

Alexander the Great did it
Persians
The Mughals
And it became a British Protectorate after the Second Anglo-Afghan War

The "unconquerable" meme is a meme. The thing about Afghanistan is that once you've got it, it's expensive to hold onto, so everyone eventually gives up and goes home.
>>
>what was the Mongol Empire
>>
>>57390938
Ask any person from a former USSR country if the soviets had "good intentions" for their countries.

There's a reason they all hate Russians.
>>
>>57391435
I'm not denying that the ussr was bad for a lot of countries, just saying that at least to some extent, for afghanistan they had good in mind, even if that good meant that they would profit from it (that is, until they invaded and started killing hundreds of thousands).
>>
>>57391435
Well, they stomped out durkaism in virtually all central Asian -stans that were under them for decades
Better than being yet another backwards tribal Saudi-funded Shariah caliphate #237
>>
heard they got good heroin
>>
>>57391552
Is being cucked by a foreign power the price to pay for being a barely second world country?

Did you know in Kazakhstan, the youth barely know how to speak Kazakh? Is that what you want?

>>57391564
Not just Saudi, but American via Pakistan.
>>
>>57387026
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamabad

Why aren't Pakis any good at basketball?
>>
File: afghanistan.webm (309 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
afghanistan.webm
309 KB, 320x240
pride
>>
>>57387026
The terrain

Makes it impossible to really occupy it, and those that do live there have been there for centuries and can actually fight in it. That and everything is so spread out and it's just tribes. There's nothing to unite anyone and make them work together.
>>
>>57388169
There are a million different ethnic groups in Afghanistan. The mountainous terrain has kept them separate for so long they've basically been left alone and unmixed.
The Nuristani for example look white and even have blue eyes and red hair
>>
>>57399343
did you just make a webm of that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC9sz0nPePI

>>57399592
the nuristani look no different from the tajiks or pashtuns that live in nuristan or provinces near nuristan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwHtK1KKyP4
for example, that is south eastern afghanistan, strictly pashtun provinces
>>
>>57391010
Alexander didn't conquer it though. His armies ground to a halt trying to take it.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.