[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain how American colleges are such bacchanalian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: Frat-Party-D.H.-Parks.jpg (3 MB, 4494x3212) Image search: [Google]
Frat-Party-D.H.-Parks.jpg
3 MB, 4494x3212
Can anyone explain how American colleges are such bacchanalian orgies while in European ones seem like the defanged version of that?
>>
>partying in college is ingrained in our culture (movies tv etc.)
>booze is cheap
>safe to party because no old people to live around college
>americans are freindly and more willing to hang out/invite strangers to their shit
>>
>>57384884
what the hell you posted a pic of my college

its nothing like this i dont know what you are talking about

i just stay in my room and shitpost all day, I've never even heard of one bacchanalian orgy yet
>>
>>57384884
Is it true that in america you have multidating?

Dating different people at the same time and its totaly ok becuase its not yet a relationship.
>>
>>57385309
>its nothing like this i dont know what you are talking about

bullshit, yeah its not a literaly orgy with people mass fucking you autist. But that picture is pretty typical of college parties I've been too. Except it's usually later at night and people aren't wearing school colors (maybe OP's pic was after a football game or something)
>>
>>57385425
>college parties I've been too

literally why
what is the point
did you have fun?
>>
>>57384884
you must be really sheltered if you think uni students in yurop aren't absolutely degenerate
>>
>>57385539
>why do young people get drunk and grind on each other while listening to music

Fuck you're an autistic little shit
>>
>>57385417
Some people have open relationships or are just friends with benefits but it's not common. Jealousy is a powerful emotion.
>>
>>57384884
In Europe, we all start drinking and smoking weed at 12 - 14 and are pretty much spent by 25. In America, they start at 21 and even this only for three years. If you drink or smoke past that age, you are pressured into rehab and AA meetings where you get addicted to Jeebus instead.
>>
>>57384884
I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>57385835
> there's no alcohol at high school parties
>>
>>57384884
> never studied
> had an orgie

feels good
>>
I'd say most Americans just hang with friends and go to class, but there is certainly a vocal party culture that's reinforced by movies and tradition. It comes from people living in small towns or conservative households who get the first taste of living on their own, surrounded by people of similar age and circumstance. Not to mention they're at minimum only 18. Children.

Fraternities host parties because at least half of all college students are underage. Therein, there's excessive drinking because lots of people are getting their first taste of fire water. Most of the fucked up kids that were doing drugs aren't partaking in the stereotypical American college life (even if they're in college). The frat boy characters are all nornies4lyfe and get along well with their families back home.

>>57385417
People do that, but it's kind of scummy secretive. My dad used to do that, for example, but he never told the girls he was dating. Natural human inclinations obviously fight against things which jealousy rings out against.

>>57385588
The main difference is the college/frat party vs. people just going out clubbing. It's not that those degenerate desires aren't there as they are in all human beings, but they express themselves differently because of background, circumstance, and opportunity.
>>
Europeans start drinking before they go to college.
>>
File: smug Florentine.jpg (16 KB, 227x295) Image search: [Google]
smug Florentine.jpg
16 KB, 227x295
“The description Bret Easton Ellis gives of Californian youth in Less Than Zero is rather accurete: sex, sun, fitness, film, cocaine, boredom; no politics, no cigarettes, no books. In his second novel, The Rules of Attraction, Ellis decribes a campus on the eastcoast as being a huge orgy full of young rich jerks of a horrifyingly low intellectual and moral level."
- Michel Houellebecq

The very thing Americans on 4chan encourage you to become.
>>
>yurop
>>
Uni students in Aus/NZ would would fuck both yuros and blubbers up
>>
>>57384884
Berkeley isn't really known for partying
>>
>>57384884
Ae colleges in eurotrash land any different in the end?

They're a place for girls to get their higher education Steam achievement, get fucked by multiple guys, get formal feminist indocrtination, waste their youth and ensure there's no marriage material for men.
>>
>>57385588

I'd say everything outside of frats ( which is just drinking, drinking and more drinking.. fucking tedious if you ask me ), even the parties, are mild compared to what you get in the USA. I don't see drug binges or Chads dominating the entire sexual field. Just seems alien to me.
>>
>>57384884
damn these are some ugly ass girls
>>
>>57385539
to get drunk with other retarded young people, and fuck inebriated 20 yo pussy in your sexual prime
It's been years for me but I had some good drunken times in college
>>
>>57386555

Of course you have one Asian chick there who is already gaining a bit of weight.
But that won't stop her from swallowing 50 more dicks.
>>
>>57386575
no thanks, I think I would rather stay in my room where its safe and theres no scary girls
>>
>>57384884
>bacchanalian
You're a nerd.
>>
>>57386354
>muh toga parties
more alcohol tolerance, less red cups
lower drinking age, less date rape
more bantz, less hazings
swings and roundabouts
>>
>>57384884
Come to Amsterdam belgium, we teach you how to party
>>
>>57386731
>less date rape
Speak for yourself
>>
>>57386228
which book is this?
>>
>>57386228
>no politics, no cigarettes

I think we should all strive to be more like Californian youth desu.
>>
>>57386880

H. P. Lovecraft: Against the World, Against Life
>>
>>57387072
Not familar with this meme. I have enjoyed his writings and the quote didn't give me any reasonable google hits.
>>
>>57387072
Wow, I am an idoit. I thought I was being baited.
>>
File: 1436520787934.jpg (43 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
1436520787934.jpg
43 KB, 418x455
>>57384884
>Can anyone explain how American colleges are such bacchanalian orgies while in European ones seem like the defanged version of that?

tbqh, Europeans do the same. I knew a girl who when she was sixteen had lost her virginity in a club, and then after she had got her first taste, she ran amok and had sex with literally 5 different guys on the very same night in the club's toilets.
Or there was one of my classmates who had two guys over one night, just watching movies and chilling, lightly drinking, then she spillt some liquid on her jeans so she took them off, and started walking around in her freaking panties as if it's totally normal. At first the two guys were surprised, but then they just rolled with it. In the end, they ended up having a threesome,that's how she had lost her virginity too.

Anyway, now that I'm here in college things aren't any different. The people with Sports majors are totally wasted all the time. One of those retards a level above us for example, had shit in their kitchen sink for some reason a couple of years ago.
Or just last week - somebody have had to threw up so they ran to the window and barfed out of it. From the 4th floor. Needless to say he had successfully managed to vomit all over 4 windowsills and ended up having to clean it all up.
Okay, so you have these geniouses, right? Guess what happens when you add girls to the mix. Like, I'd be going to the kitchen everyone in our floor uses, and some guy in nothing but boxers just saunteers right in and asks where the pussy is at. I point towards the left towards the stairs, and he yells loudly (at midnight) who wants to fuck????! And then I hear some drunk girl replying further down the floor yelling "come and get me". Then I hear the door slamming, and you can imagine the rest. It's like the freaking discovery channel here.
>>
File: 1447450100648.png (170 KB, 717x500) Image search: [Google]
1447450100648.png
170 KB, 717x500
>>57387314

I hope the last part is not true.
>>
>>57387693
Every word. Do you want me to tell other stories? This is but the tip of the shitberg.
>>
>>57387828
yes pls, this was very entertaining.
>>
>>57387828

Please continue!
>>
>>57387828
Moar pls
>>
>>57388101
>>57388103
>>57388213
Very well. Let me paint a picture of my college dorm shall I? There are 4 wings, and when I first came here, I didn't know I accidentally picked the one with the most Sports majors. They're completely insane. Not very intelligent either. So our dorm room is almost directly in front of the toilet door in the middle of our floor. What does this mean? Well, pretty much every second-third day when I wake up there's this long line of vomit, near the center leading to the toilets. Directly in front of my door. Without fail.
At first you're disgusted and angry, but after the 10th week it just gets old. You step through it and go about your day.

There's incredibly loud music going on 24/7. It drives you insane. The party never, ever stops. Not a day goes by without running into some drunk's antics. At one point I even started going to the girl's bathrooms, because they were slightly cleaner than the vomit covered men's stalls.
Of course,we have cleaning ladies, they come at 8AM, but they leave around 10AM. They hate students with a passion. We also have security, but they're useless, only worth calling when there's a fight. People when they choose their rooms beginning of the year often end up with random people. That's always a source of drama. Even if you keep to yourself you will be in constant contact with other people.
Like that time some drunken guy decided to try to win his ex-girlfriend back at 2AM so he was knocking on her door and pleading for half an hour, before some other girl who was trying to sleep had enough, got up handed over his ass to him. Fun stuff.

So you'd think this is only my dorm right? Nope. My best friend studies in a medical field in another college. People kept whole fucking chikens in the fridge. Yes, with feathers included. I was like, what the actual hell? College students are insane. Every single one of them. Nice classy dorms, even Americans would find comfy, and they do this. Maddening.
>>
>>57389902
>People kept whole fucking chikens in the fridge. Yes, with feathers included.
how did they pluck them after leaving them in the fridge?
>>
>>57390872
I said fridge not freezer. I don't know how to clean chickens btw.
>>
>>57391306
once they cool down all birds are a bitch to pluck
>>
>ASU is representative of colleges as a whole

Ok
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.