[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
America might be forced to sell The Virgin Islands of the United
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 69566-004-0CBBD7D9.jpg (21 KB, 375x250) Image search: [Google]
69566-004-0CBBD7D9.jpg
21 KB, 375x250
In 1917, The Kingdom of Denmark sold The Danish West Indies (today U.S. Virgin Islands) to the United States of America for $25 million, which was 1/4 of the Danish GDP at the time. However, in the contract there is a clause which obligate The United States to offer Denmark back the islands for the same price of $25 million a 100 years after 1917.

Some parties have already been positive of buying them back, which has to happen before April 1, 2017, but it will be discussed during the summer.

But, even if we accept to buy it back, all parties has agreed on that it will be up to the people of the islands on weather or not they want to be sold.
>>
Picture of the clause
>>
yeah thats not happening
>>
>>57373579
Why not? According to the Danish article, the contract have been laid before the US authorities, and they have accepted it
>>
>>57373579
100% this. You got outsmarted and outplayed f4m. Or what, are you going to remove the US citizens/corporations set up there?

B8
>>
>>57373723
Again, your own government have accepted it.
>>
>>57373505
Are you even 'The Kingdom of Denmark?' If not, its null and void.
>>
>>57373765
Yes, our name is still officially Kingdom of Denmark

We're one of the oldest nations in the world
>>
https://www.doi.gov/sites/doi.gov/files/migrated/oia/about/upload/vitreaty.pdf

Where is this clause?
>>
>>57373479
>America might be forced
>America
>forced
Impossibru.
>>
Don't we have military bases there or something?

If we do, god speed Denmark
>>
huh sounds like america's hongkong
>>
>>57373479
Americans are dishounrable, don't expect anything good to come from dealing with those fat cucks
>>
>Virgin islands
>Virgin
after all this trade,there's no more virgin
>>
>>57374200
It becomes harder when there's no basis for OP's claim.
The text doesn't exist in the document.
>>
THE UNITED STATES IS A SOVEREIGN COUNTRY THAT DONT SELL NO ISLANDS
>>
Do we not even get interest? If not, whatever American(s) agreed to that were retarded.
>>
>>57373479
You guys won't buy them even if you could
Maybe a more aggressive country would but not Denmark
>>
>>57373479
Just wait till the inevitable revolution breaks out , USA falls apart into tiny nations with their own governments and the federal government no longer holds power or authority.

Get islands back for next to nothing
profit!!!!
>>
File: huhu.jpg (10 KB, 350x188) Image search: [Google]
huhu.jpg
10 KB, 350x188
> buy Virgin Islands with an danish dummy corporation
> donate it to ISIL
> open a bag of chips and watch the shitstorm
>>
>>57373479
> it will be up to the people of the islands on weather or not they want to be sold.

Too bad that 100 and more years ago nobody cared about natives

Anglo liars won.
>>
>>57373479
I live in an actual state and if there were a referendum proposed to sell us to Denmark I'd vote in favor of it. I'd feel better under your government's auspices than I do under my own.
>>
>>57373479
>70% black
prepare to get enriched Molbo
>>
>>57373765
Yes, they are still 'The Kingdom of Denmark'
google before you write
>>
>>57373479
>Endanger the relationships with the first global superpower and one of the main investors of your country for a bunch of rocks

Not going to happen
>>
>>57373579
They will just say some shit that it was too long ago. I will fuck Taylor Swift before US gives up piece of their land
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.