[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kinds of oppression do Black U.S. Americans face? Serious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 6
File: 1452643279587.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1452643279587.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
What kinds of oppression do Black U.S. Americans face?
Serious answers preferred.
>>
>>57333342
Too many white women.
>>
Literally none. Their argument is that black oppression is a subconscious thing nowadays, which is grasping at straws.

>EGYPTIANS ARE SECRETLY OPPRESSING ME GIBS ME A VILLA IN CAIRO
>>
>>57333342
imagined things b/c they suck at life
>>
Black Americans can receive scholarships just for being black.

Also, affirmative action. Enough said.

The biggest threat to African Americans is African Americans.
>>
>serious answers only
>on a right wing circlejerk board
>>
>>57333342
Not nearly as much as they'd like you to believe.
>>
>>57333496
You forgot to mention that they can receive those scholarships even with a shitty GPA.
Also NFL and college teams MUST interview blacks when looking to hire a coach. Even if they have no intention of hiring the black coach.
>>
>>57333542
Serious answers preferred, not required
I want to have a little fun on the side too :)
>>
>>57333342
To be honest? Basically none.

Because of afirmative action they are automatically given jobs, benefits and other opportunities they didn't earn. They're accepted into more schools and programs in order to reach diversity quotas,
Basically everyone bends over backwards for them to give them everything because >muh slaves, >muh guilt.

Yet they still insist on being cancer to society, are violent, uneducated by choice and so much more. They're a perfect example of how you can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
>>
>>57333788
Well look at how bitter everybody ITT is. They have to deal with people like that more often than /int/ would like to admit.
>>
>>57333342
Don't believe AIDS Skrillex when he says that blacks are being gunned down by police everyday.
>>
People born in bad environments tend to stay in them. Generational feedback loops.

You can give someone a scholarship but it doesn't mean they are going to automatically overcome all the issues facing them. Happens in all groups of people. Equality of opportunity isn't simple to implement.
>>
>>57333703
Basically every single government job is majority blacks by a huge margin.
Blacks are basically given a free ride at life, they can literally fail out of school and be given a scholarship to Harvard for no reason other than the color of their skin.
>>
Everyone ITT please watch this video. Brings a tear to my eye every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVoGKV8nDv0
>>
>>57333881
A lot of states have banned affirmative action (Arizona, California, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Washington), and it has been reduced to the point where it only applies to equally qualified candidates to ensure that racial preferences can only be used to make sure the demographics of employees roughly matches that of the general population. Employers are not immune from being sued for discrimination if they pick a lesser qualified minority.
>>
>>57333342
literally none
>>
>>57334080
Literally a lie. In order to be accepted to Harvard you must have the credentials regardless of race.

White women are the largest benefactors of affirmative action. Not blacks.

Affirmative action is just a scapegoat for white men who didn't get into that university or job they wanted. It's a way of blaming black people.
>>
>>57334228
>spotted the nigger
>>
>>57334228
I personally know 3 hard working, blue collar men who were denied a job because the employer had to fill diversity quotas. They didn't just make this up because they're racist. This shit happens more often than you think.
>>
File: White Tears.gif (4 MB, 344x203) Image search: [Google]
White Tears.gif
4 MB, 344x203
ITT: bitter white NEETs blaming their failures on black people
>>
>>57334228
>Affirmative action is just a scapegoat for white men who didn't get into that university or job they wanted. It's a way of blaming black people.

There is a finite number of places at a university, one group of people gets in easier because of the color of their skin. Affirmative action has most definitely resulted in qualified whites and asians being rejected in favor of blacks.
>>
>>57333342
Why is it that black people who complain the loudest about oppression are always hideously obese?
>>
>>57334308
OP asked if black Americans face oppression. What would white Americans ever know about that? Everything that's been said in this thread so far has been completely incorrect and have no credible sources.

I can answer that question thousands of times better than you ever could desu

In California after they banned affirmative action, the white population of many universities decreased and Asian populations increased. Quit parroting about stuff you have no clue about. Affirmative action applies to basically everyone and depends on context and demographics.
>>
>>57334393
They can sue their employer for discrimination. More often than not, those things happen because the employer is paranoid about being sued by minorities, not because of the actual law. If whites sued more often, this shit wouldn't happen so often.

t. Dad was in charge of hiring people at a company
>>
>>57334521
Because those are the ones who aren't willing to put the same effort they put into bitching about their lives into improving their lives, which makes sense considering they're fat black women
>>
>>57334521
better question: why is it that black people who criticize the black community and contribute to society are always upper middle class, well spoken and educated? Why does the black community accuse these people of being "white washed" and call them Uncle Toms?

You know the black community is shit when being a productive member of society is seen as a bad thing.
>>
They are subject to the consequences of breaking the law.
>>
nothing, anymore

i see black ppl at my office do nothing all day but nobody says anything about it because they dont want to get in trouble for discrimination
>>
>>57333342
They're much more likely to be stopped and/or killed by police who are more suspicious of a group who are statistically much more likely to commit violent crime, the bigots:
>>
Black peope, for the most part, don't care about the black victim if the criminal is also black. If it's black victim/white criminal the shitshow begins.
>>
>>57333342

The American National Center for Education Statsitcs conducts tests every decade on adult literacy(quantitative reasoning, prose, and document comprehension). The race and educational attainment of the test-taker is recorded. According to the results whites on average outperformed blacks on all 3 sections on each education credential level. In fact, you have to go down to whites who didn't even attend college before blacks who have post-graduate credentials start outperforming them.

For example. Quantitative literacy is the knowledge and skills required to apply arithmetic operations, either alone or sequentially, using numbers embedded in printed materials; such as, balancing a checkbook, figuring out a tip, completing an order form, or determining the amount of interest from a loan advertisement. A white test-taker with merely a GED degree did better than a black person with a 2-year college degree by 10 points. This should cast some doubt on the reliability of college degrees when measuring merit in a situation with "equally qualified" job applicants.
>>
>>57334662
I'd imagine the same reasons why whites who criticize the white community are called Jews, SJWs, and libruls by whites.
>>
>>57333342
they dont
>>
>>57333342
Redlining, housing discrimination, job discrimination, we are convicted longer for the same crimes, we receive less pain medication than white counterparts, they are unduly targeted for drug related reasons in spite of whites proportionally using it more.

List goes on

>>57333496
>>57333703
>>57333881

Affirmative actions has mostly benefited White women. Also most black people don't get full ride scholarships.
>>57334228
Either a same fag or someone who bothers to read, any case beat me to it anon
>>57334662
>people actually believe this.
>>
all niggers must be killed.

they are shit people.
>>
Blacks created the stereotype that contributes to them being incarcerated, stopped, harassed etc by police. This problem doesn't exist because of racism, it exists because police notice patterns and profile accordingly.

Blacks should be pissed at the thugs who are responsible for the stereotype. But I guess it's easier to blame it all on the police.
>>
>>57334163
>equally qualified candidates

Equally qualifies =/= equally able
see >>57334934
>>
>>57334958
Nice stealth insult.
>>
>>57335010
The thing is that whites are the only ones who don't have to face stereotypes because they're not a minority.

For some reason, blacks have collective responsibility while whites don't.
>>
>>57335067
Well that's great, but we're talking about when an employer assesses the ability of an employee when hiring them. If you didn't get hired over someone who can't read as well as you, you have the right to sue the employer and will probably win.
>>
Itt: "Americans" justify treating people like they aren't innocent until proven guilty because of skin color
https://youtu.be/MdeI9NfbfT8
>>
>>57335192

That's all well and good. But and two potential employees with the same degree aren't necessarily equally qualified. Just like how two people who can both tie their shoe laces aren't necessarily equally qualified.
>>
Rap and thug culture made them shittier people. You can't tell them to cut that shit out or else you'll get the MUH OPRESSION rant for trying to change "who they are". I also blame the media for promoting their garbage and protection.
>>
They get shot by police when they didnt do nothing but punch them and try to take their gun
>>
>>57335294
Yes, and employers know that. Which is why they do more than just look at their degree.
>>
>>57334457
>this is "white" in America
nation of mutts
>>
HOL UP
>>
>>57334457
saved
>>
>>57335308
White people have said this about: Blues, Jazz, Swing, Rock n Roll, Disco, Electronic music and Hip Hop.

False flagging until the end of time, still can't do it with any sort of rhythm.
>>
>>57335404

Tell that to people pushing liberal credentialism
>>
>>57335682
>muh libruls
>>
>>57335308
Yet whites are the biggest and main consumers of "rap and thug culture".

This idea that blacks blindly follow rap is so false that anyone who blames it clearly has no clue about the black community. If anything it's a reflection of reality.

Music doesn't make people kill people or act a certain way. Ridiculous claim.
>>
>>57335180
So then what about the Hispanics and asians? They face stereotypes, they're a minority, yet they take collective responsibility, unlike blacks
>>
They commit 50% of the crime while being 13% of the population
>>
>>57335729
>Yet whites are the biggest and main consumers of "rap and thug culture".

This bullshit "stat", again. It's not per capita, that's an aggregate figure.
>>
>>57335729
>Yet whites are the biggest and main consumers of "rap and thug culture".
That's because there are more white people than black
>>
>>57335806
racist
>>
>>57335970
>racist
Do you really need the statistical infograph which is based on collective data from the FBI AGAIN?
>>
>>57335806
Nope. That stat is only for homicide. Whites still commit the majority of crime in total.

Which is another thing black people have to deal with, ignorant people who can't even get their facts right about black people and judge them as a whole based off of it.
>>
>>57336038
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>57336038
Do you actually think he disagrees with you and isn't sarcastically mocking liberals?
>>
>>57335006
agree. these whining monkeys should be deported back to africa
>>
>>57335806
Of which over 90% is on other blacks. You can't just blanket all crime and say that 50% is done by blacks. Especially with no citation.
>>
>>57334228
>Affirmative action is just a scapegoat for white men who didn't get into that university or job they wanted. It's a way of blaming black people.
But it's true. There are a lot of statistics on the topic. If you have shittier scores but are Black you're more likely to get into a school than a White or Asian applicant who has better scores.
>>
>>57336385
>There are a lot of statistics on the topic
Post them please. Specifically the ones you're citing.
>>
>>57335478
No she's not but the person who posted it is probably black and for them that counts as a white woman. She looks like a beaner to me.
>>
File: HyJfbDz.jpg (54 KB, 885x228) Image search: [Google]
HyJfbDz.jpg
54 KB, 885x228
>>57336444
>>
>>57336480
I'm white. I just go outside enough to know what white people with a tan look like.
>>
>>57336595
Well there goes the theory that it doesn't discriminate against anyone that is white
>>
>>57336595
I searched and can't find a citation or link to the original study.

Even if your graphic is true, you can clearly see that whites benefit from affirmative action as well.
>>
File: index.jpg (16 KB, 413x122) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
16 KB, 413x122
>>57336785
Here's the source.

>you can clearly see that whites benefit from affirmative action as well.
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>57336595
>Asians need not apply
>>
>>57337301
Whites have a higher acceptance rate than Asians. It shows that Affirmative Action as a whole depends on context and demographics within that college like I said earlier.

It's used to as closely resemble the national population as possible. Not just blindly increase non-white acceptance rates.
>>
>>57334466
This occurs on such a small scale that it doesn't even matter, your alma mater makes almost no difference in the education you receive unless you're comparing bumfuck u to MIT, and technically whites going to top unis benefit from it because asians would flood every quality school otherwise. it isn't a big deal.
>>
>>57337760

>implying I'm okay with how it could be of help to any group

One should be admitted on the basis of scores; that's the beginning and the end of it.
>>
>>57338953
You'd then turn around and complain when every graduate program, professional school, and top uni becomes majority asian by a wide margin, I imagine.Affirmative action benefits whites.
>>
>White neck beards getting btfo in this thread

nice
>>
>>57338803
>technically whites going to top unis benefit from it because asians would flood every quality school otherwise

So what? That's still unjust. You seem to think I'm against AA because it disadvantages white people, not because it's racist. >inb4 you can't be racist against white peopl
>>
>>57339190
>You'd then turn around and complain when every graduate program, professional school, and top uni becomes majority asian by a wide margin

leftists always say this, it's a fucking cop-out, because i've never actually heard a person against AA say that would be a bad thing.
>>
>>57333342
This could be a good thread, if cunts didn't take the piss.
not /pol/ lads.
>>
Systemic racism, even rich blacks aren't spared from it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/23/poor-white-kids-are-less-likely-to-go-to-prison-than-rich-black-kids/
>>
>>57339560
A white gay Austrian social justice crusader.
You are our defender, I'm black and thank you, sincerely.
>>
>>57333342
You still here? It's pretty late in the thread so I don't wanna type out a paragraph just for it to be ignored in a sea of shitposts.
>>
>>57340018
I'm here, skimming the shitposts occasionally. An actually informative post would be highly appreciated.
>>
>>57340091
Do you actually care? And why black Americans? We are not the only black people in the world
>>
>>57339560
>Max Ehrenfreund
>Washington Post

You might as well cite the Huffington Post m8, WaPo has turned into a contestant for the most leftist rag in publication award
>>
Pyramids to Projects my black friend
>>
>>57340176
no one cares
>>
>>57333342
Zahra? Long time no see lol
>>
>>57340149
Complaints of Black Americans reach me the most, those of others usually don't at all. I want to know whether to sympathize or ignore completely.

>>57340249
Not Zahra bro, sorry
>>
>>57340286
How do they reach you?
>>
>>57340245
Of course you wouldn't when it's fits your agenda/point, which is typical because you can't see beyond any point that doesn't agree with your ideology or state of mind
>>
>>57333342
Well Egypt I lived in a black neighborhood for two years during school to save money ($350 a month with utilities included for a 2 bedroom, made it worth some niggery) Here's a few things I noticed.

Blacks are always engaged in some sort of petty crime or scheme and think the cops are just picking on them when they get caught, they seriously have no concept of a person who DOESN'T constantly do that so they think that when white people aren't arrested it's just because the cops are turning a blind eye to us. For example my neighbor bitched at me one time that my car never got tickets on it... that's because I didn't fucking park it in the handicap spots or the fire lane.

Also black people don't trust anyone they live with so they keep all of their drugs on them at any given time, and they almost always have an open container of alcohol in their car, even when they're not drinking and driving (and they do that a lot too). This means that whenever a black guy is stopped for something, like a tail light out or an expired license plate (also common since blacks don't maintain or register their cars) they always get in a lot more trouble than they normally would.
>>
>>57340362
ok
>>
>>57335000
A NIGGER
>>
>>57340379
Can confirm, lived in a ghetto apartmebt complex and they just let their kids run out into the middle of the street, unsupervised, and if their kid does something fucked up they act like dindus, it's completely fucking ignorant behavior, they also like to turn their apartments int trap houses
>>
>>57334457
Isn't it the other way round irl? Bitter blacks with an inferiority complex blaming their failures on whites?
>>
>>57333342
Horrible oppression
The only people treated worse are Egyptians
Fuck the Egyptians
>>
>>57340342
They don't reach me personally, but it gets through the internet, through black twitter and meme media outlets and the like.

>>57340379
>>57340551
thanks for this perspective. What about your experience with blacks in areas where they're not the majority?
>>
>>57340560
It goes both ways. People on both sides have a distorted view of the other.
>>
>>57340652
True. I think people need to realise the uncomfortable truths on both sides
>>
>>57340647
>blacks where they're not the majority
It varies wildly, I grew up in a suburb and of the couple of black kids there I can't really think of anything out of the ordinary about them except that a few get into rap and the "gangsta" shit and become cringey as fuck wannabe tough guys.
>>
>>57333342
>What kinds of oppression do Black U.S. Americans face?
Mostly oppression from their own massive entitlement syndrome.
>>
>>57333342
Like, they rob a lot and get affermative action and stuff. Keeping the black man down.
>>
File: 1456170264145.jpg (44 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1456170264145.jpg
44 KB, 500x667
>>57341047
that sounds normal enough
>>
>>57333342
They can't rape people as much as they used to.
They are now expected to contribute, but having a job means you have to work
>>
>>57333342
Literally, in all of my years, nothing. The problem is they WANT to be treated differently - I.E. better.
>Mostly oppression from their own massive entitlement syndrome.

So much this, so much this.
>>
>>57341224
Don't take most of the things in this thread seriously, know what site you are on
>>
>>57340647
To be honest why the fuck would ask this on 4chan and expect serious answers?

Why not converse with actual black people and not racist neckbeards on 4chin?
>>
>>57341329
>>57341488
I have a filter running, it's okay.
I don't live near any blacks. Also /int/ in particular is becoming increasingly centrist (i.e. less meme right wing)
>>
>>57341732
Well talking about black people with white Americans is like talking about Irish people with British people or Koreans with Japanese people.

It's almost pointless to ask here because everyone here will be hellbent on removing any idea of wrongdoing on their behalf.

If you really want answers, open an American history book.
>>
>>57340091
Alright.

I don't really know if oppression is really the right term here. Yes, it was less than 50 years ago that there were riots over segregated schools, we have progressed a lot since then. However, I'd say there still is discrimination. Cops are quite often harsher, and quicker to act on blacks, however, blacks do statistically commit more crime, and are usually the ones where, if caught, will fight back, so I can't really blame them for that, as shitty as it is. They're pulled over much more often while driving, frequently watched in stores, so much so, there's actually terms for it, 'Driving while black', and 'Shopping while black', however again, blacks are sadly, statistically more likely to speed, and shoplift.
Besides that, there's a pretty big problem (depending on the area, some love it when they move in so that they can have a token black (not the south park character, who is named for that reason) friend) where a black person, attempting to flee urban poverty and fellow blacks (there's a saying that nobody hates niggers more than an educated black person) will move to an all white suburb or neighborhood, then be shunned by the community, and if they have kids, the kids will be bullied to hell. Pretty shitty situation there.
There's also discrimination by fellow blacks. This is almost exclusively a problem with 12-30 year olds (you can see it from as low as 5 or 6 though, if their parents are in that age range at the time) but blacks will bully other blacks for being too educated, or being too white. What's being white? Actually being lightskinned, or, well, I had a big list here, but I think I can describe it easier by just saying not being a hoodrat. That's also a big one.
>>
>>57342078
Yup you typed bullshit
>>
>>57341488
>>57341732
I am being serious. What do you want to hear? That blacks are super duper awully oppressed and can't do anything?
>>
>>57342179
What did I say that was wrong?
>>
>>57342428
>but blacks will bully other blacks for being too educated, or being too white.

No this is not true. I grew up in a black neighborhood and went to a black majority school and no one got bullied for talking "white" or getting good grades. You were more likely to be made fun of for getting bad grades then for getting good grades, so stop believing memes spout off by white people on the internet.

> (there's a saying that nobody hates niggers more than an educated black person)

That is not true and i have only heard that said on this site and other white majority sites and they like to use Chris Rock as an example (he regrets that stand up btw)
>>
>>57334393
You know 3 uneducated white trash who said they didn't get jobs because muh blacks.
>>
>>57342336
You living in the "ghetto" for two years doesn't make you an expert on black people.

Context is essential. Why is it that black people live in ghettos in the first place? Why is it that blacks people act that way?

>inb4 black culture
If it's "black culture" then what does black culture stem from and what informs it? Society? the environment?
>>
>>57342736
And i am not going to say no black people have not experiences these things because some probably have, but it is really not as common as people want you to believe
>>
>>57342078
>>57342736
Thank you.
There's this part I don't understand. Why is being a hoodrat in particular so valuable to "mainstream" Afroamerican culture? I understand the victim mentality (something deeply rooted in Arabic culture too) but for the other part, why is hoodrat-ness prestigious?
By analogy hurka durka Arabs are the same thing, but those base their behavior on religion. What about blacks?
>>
>>57342923
*have experiences these things
>>
>>57342843
What makes you think black people are impossible to understand
>>
>>57342973
Think of being a hoodrat as "being cool". If they were white then the big jock who plays football and bullies the nerds for their homework is the cool guy. I guess for blacks, the hoodrat who does weed and has no future is the cool kid.
>>
>>57342973
Because a lot of black people in the U.S. grow up in low income areas and imitate what other people around them are doing
>>
>>57342973
It's not. That's why the term "hoodrat" was created. It's ultimately looked down in the black community to be "ghetto" and most black people do anything to make themselves to appear as far from it as possible.
>>
>>57342973
>base their behavior on religion. What about blacks?

The more 'black' you are the more respected/ cooler you are. Kindof like how maybe everybody wants to be a level 500 muslim wizard maybe?
>>
>>57342736
What was the income level? Obviously I'm referring to very poor ones.

>>57342973
It's 'cool' I guess. It's starting to become a thing in wealthy white suburbs too.
>>
>>57343355
>>57343311
>>57343167
>>57343075
that kind of makes sense.

>>57343182
that makes sense too, but then what's the source of the hoodrat pattern?
>>
>>57343182
>it's ultimately looked down upon in the black community to be "ghetto" and most black people do anything to make themselves to appear as far from it as possible.
>complete bullshit: the post

Right, in actuality they invent new words like "ratchet" and maybe look down upon it at first, then embrace it which is part of their self destructive cycle
>>
>>57343714
It's a source of protection. If you appear to be a "hood rat" in a ghetto you intimidate people from picking on you and your family. It shows that you're not afraid to fight back or stand your ground.

If you don't appear to be that way, people will think of you as a push over.

This is why many black people shift behaviors based on who they're around. When around black people, some black people act "hood" but it's not out coolness but more out of fear.

It's quite similar to in high school people act different around jocks.
>>
>>57344081
Quite insightful. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>57343815
Who the fuck wants to be ratchet and ghetto in the black community? If you call a black person any of those they lose their shit.
>>
>>57339388
that might have. something to do with the fact that you don't live here and get your information from a meme website
>>
>>57341991
Fuck off, you don't have to be white or black to have a bad opinion of blacks.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.