[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The State of Jefferson is a proposed U.S. state that would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: USA_Jefferson_State.png (35 KB, 286x186) Image search: [Google]
USA_Jefferson_State.png
35 KB, 286x186
>The State of Jefferson is a proposed U.S. state that would span the contiguous, mostly rural area of southern Oregon and Northern California, where several attempts to separate from Oregon and California, respectively, have taken place.

>As of January 2016, 21 northern California counties have sent a declaration or have approved to send a declaration to the State of California with their intent of leaving the state and forming the State of Jefferson.

Is a happening unfolding?
>>
File: 143923489120.gif (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
143923489120.gif
51 KB, 250x250
doubt it, but not surprised they want to
small densely populated portion of the state controls the entire rest of the state
so the people who don't live in cities get stuck with choices that heavily pander to urban settings and shits on them

I suggest they move northeast or something τbh
>>
>>57316414
Dude, weed: the federal state. I'm for it.
>>
>>57317230
uhh nope
it would probably be a very conservative state
I usually hate on California but pretty much any county not touching the coast is actually very non-liberal
>>
>>57317377
I saw this stoner movie called Humboldt county that was set there in sequoia country. Then there's the Pynchon novel Vineland that's all about dudeweed and takes place in that same area.

t. amateur Americologist
>>
File: 1459636635340.png (42 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1459636635340.png
42 KB, 500x322
>>57317510
doubt you'd find many stoners there honestly, just a lot of friendly rural folk with guns
you might like this article albeit it has an obvious annoying city liberal slant
http://interactive.nydailynews.com/2016/02/state-of-jefferson-secessionists-california-gun-totin-rebels/

I'm neither urban/rural myself really(probably suburban I guess) so I don't have a dog in this fight
but california over-regulates absolutely everything and it really fucks with people who don't live in the major cities
pretty much every issue in california is solved by regulation, my friend's town 'banned' homelessness - it's a crime to be homeless there.

even the non-problems are solved with regulation under the guise that more regulation = good for everyone. Grease a few palms, pay a few people off, blam regulated a competitor out of business and just made yourself a profit.
>>
>>57317230
It would be extremely conservative. Note that it said rural. The dude weed people are further notth.
>>
Literally who gives a fuck
>>
File: 1459387358261.jpg (38 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1459387358261.jpg
38 KB, 657x527
>>57317653
also it's sort of humbling how much these people care about the constitution and US law

>Several times over the course of the interview, Baird expresses his reliance on the primal wisdom of the United States Constitution. He whips out a pamphlet copy of the document, its cover creased and soft with use, to underline his points. “It’s important that we use interposition — which is the use of local authorities, local governmental entities — so that we approach state split legally, morally, and ethically,” he says.
>>
>>57317653
>>57317808
stupid frog poster
>>
>>57317772
eh a lot of americans probably should
I highly doubt California will look the same in 30 years. There has been multiple attempts to split it up in just the past what, 3 or 4 years or so
>>
>>57317510

Fucking hate Pynchon. Read Roth or McCarthy instead. Delillo is ok
>>
>>57316414
Gommieson
>>
>>57317377
Wrong, see south.
>>
>>57318188
?
LA county is on the coast and basically controls the entire state's politics.
>>
>>57317959
>Delillo is ok

Cringiest writing of them all desu
>>
>>57316414
If this happened you'd see Illinois try the same thing too. That state is waaayyy worse off than California in terms of urban-controlled politics.
>>
>>57316414
Isn't that the poorest part of California?

Looks like they'll have to depend on federal largesse just to get by.
>>
>>57321718
mostly because the rest of the state fucks it over
if it seceded it would take basically the entire state's water supply with it, then who is rich?

the small cities in california squeeze the rest of the state dry
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.