[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people who are charged with possession of just 1 gram of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: cocaine.jpg (216 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
cocaine.jpg
216 KB, 500x375
>people who are charged with possession of just 1 gram of crack are given the same sentence as those found in possession of 18 grams of cocaine.
Explain this Americans
>>
Serious?
Decriminalize rack and smack now
>>
Institutionalized racism 2bh
We need to dismantle white supremacy now
Let's smash the patriarchy too while we're at it
>>
>>57309972
Drugs are drugs senpai. Fuck off degenerates.
>>
File: 1425131701094.jpg (42 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
1425131701094.jpg
42 KB, 472x461
>>
Like the only legitimate form of actual institutionalized racism I can think of off the top of my head
>>
>>57309972
Could be worse. In Japan you get socially stigmatized for life even if it's just weed.
>>
>>57309972
Because crack use and crimes motivated by crack addiction were destroying the Black community in the '80s.
They fucking begged the government for help in stopping people from using crack.
Since the government can't send someone do babysit every single fucking person and slap the crack pipe out of their hand, they introduced harsher penalties for crack in an effort to discourage crack use and possession, and do something about the problem.

Now, the same people who begged for something to be done about crack call this difference in sentencing "racist."
As if Black people have some hereditary inability to use regular cocaine, and Whites are physically incapable of ever using crack, either.
>>
Cocaine is way more expensive than crack. Cocaine was and to some degree is thought of as a white collar drug, a gentlemans drug. There was very light punishment and it was rarely caught, whereas crack had very severe punishments. Its pretty clear who it was meant to target.
>>
Rich people don't go to jail
>>
>>57310965
rich people don't do crack either
>>
>>57310837
Nixon's top aids admit that the war on drugs was to combat counterculture and blacks. Whether the purpose remained the same during the Reagan administration is open to speculation, but Nixon's motives are known facts.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.