[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW my parents want to move back to Russia because "muh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 12
>TFW my parents want to move back to Russia because "muh heritage" and "muh homeland"

What the fuck /int/. How do I convince them that the "Russia is based" is a fucking meme???
>>
>>57298355
Nothing you can do now..
It's best if you get used to the squat position now and build an immunity for vodka.
>>
>>57298682
I'm not moving with them tho, I just don't want them to fall for the "Russia is the last bastion against degeneracy" meme and regret it after.
>>
>>57299625
You parents should stop watching Russia Today. It's a media product designed specifically for the contribution by gullible idiots abroad.
>>
>>57298355
Russia is nice, but seriously outside of St Petersburg and Moscow, it is not a place to move to if you're from Canada. Seriously.
>>
>>57298355
be a true american and kill them in their sleep, that is the only way to prove to the western world that you are not russian anymore. betray your kin to become a true burger
>>
>>57299846
Dude they watch literal Russian TV.

Idk man. I tried to explain to them but they LITERALLY say memes like "Canada is a degenerate gay Muslim country" "Russia is the last stronghold of freedom", "Putin is based".

Should I just say fuck it and let them go?
>>
File: emu1.jpg (77 KB, 928x696) Image search: [Google]
emu1.jpg
77 KB, 928x696
>>57299846
If I holiday in Russia with mates, how likely are we to get bashed by neo-nazis?
>>
>>57299940
>Leaf
>American
>>
let them go and experience the muslim-homosexual-free atmosphera :DD
>>
>>57298355
>Son, Russia is the saviour of the white race, you must move there to secure an existence for our aryan grand children.
>D-don't worry about us son, we'll stay in comfy 1st world Canada and keep an eye on all these degenerates.
Just tell them "You first".
>>
>>57300003
Are you colored?
>>57299948
It's like children wanting to touch hot objects: they should try it to learn it's bad.
>>
>>57300207
Nah, I'm a skinny white dude.
>>
>>57300207
>>57299948
Maybe you can dissuade them from this stupid idea by showing them economic statistics? After all, only a slim percentage of Russians can afford a trip abroad. It can make them doubt the notion of the Glorious Motehrland.
>>
>>57300298
pics
>>
>>57300357
No can do, chief
>>
>>57300137
Bro I wouldn't move there for anything.

I just don't want them to get trolled into moving to a shithole.

>>57300207
>>57300316
I TRIED GUYS.

>Mom, dad look at these statistics regarding GDP, murder, suicide and drug usage
>Look at these stats showing it's nigeria-tier

>"Nonsense son! This is a meme and made up statistics!"

Idk anymore desu.

They even visited recently and liked it. Should I even bother explaining to them?

We've gotten in so many arguments because I tried to explain it's not as good as they think. Should I just agree with them and cut them off soon? Getting tired of their shit tbqh
>>
Russian economy contracted by 3.7% in 2015.

It's economy is now smaller than that of the state of New York.
>>
>>57300298
Then no. Are you homo?
>>57300470
The average monthly salary is 200-250$
>>57300439
Just ignore them.
>>
>>57300567
How can I ignore them man...

I don't want them to make a horrible choice and be unhappy and fuck their lives up.

Is there any way to try to convince them? It's actually hilarious the stuff they say. It's like the sterotypical "vatnik" meme but they say it unironically

DURING THE UKRAINE """CRISIS""" IT WAS LIKE I WAS WATCHING RUSSIATODAY WHEN TALKING TO THEM
>>
>>57300567
Nah, no homo.

Thanks cob.
>>
>>57300706
You can try google news "мaть yбилa peбeнкa" and translate it to English for them. There's plenty of stories of infanticide in Russia.
>>
Well done, our saying here is, Russia you love, western pussies you steal.
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>57300804
I'm just tired of it all man.

I just want to stop talking to them, change my name and never communicate with them.

I'm tired of their shitty memes, the arguing, the Russian propaganda. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57300909
>the Russian propaganda

You are pussy, kill yourself or I'm gonna kill you.
>>
It sucks I guess but you are not your parents. Nationalistic diaspora, especially old ones, are some of the most thick headed people on the planet. They're probably far to old and brainwashed to change their minds, or at least look at things from multiple perspectives.
>>
>>57298355
lol i feel you fucking parents want to move back to 3rd world country that is Peru.
>>
>>57300933
Lol another koolaid drinker?

Consult the nearest Wikipedia quality of life index page to see how non-degenerate it really is.

Apparently April Fools was extended and being Nigeria-tier unironically is now "good".
>>
File: 1450760414141.png (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450760414141.png
32 KB, 300x300
>>57300933
>>57300891

>Serb comes in and starts nuthugging Russia harder than Russian's themselves

Every fucking time. Like clockwork.
>>
>>57300909
I bet you like Trudeau too you cuck.

Let them return to their homeland if they don't like it then help them get back on their feet and move back.

Simple as that.

Your lack of love for your homeland however shit it might be is disgusting.
>>
jesus christ , is russia so bad that people living in the country are telling OP to stay away? lmao
>>
>>57300933
LOL SERBIA
>>
>>57300996
Feels that way desu.

At some points I literally proved them wrong on every single point and they ended up just saying "OK maybe you're right but it's our homeland".
>>
>>57300137
Nice reading comprehension m8
>>
>>57299846
this.
>>
>>57301079
Probably pidorashkas and liberashkas.
>>
>>57301066
No I do not like Trudeau.

>Love for your homeland

Are you retarded? Why the fuck do you think WE LEFT THAT SHITHOLE? because we loves it so much that we decided to leave?

I can look objectively at things and realize it's shit instead of yelling "MUH HOMELANS MUH HOMELAND" even when it's about the same as most African countries in many regards.
>>
>>57301096
do you live in the 6ix
>>
They are a lost cause.

Let them move. They will live "in the last bastion against degeneracy".

Enjoy living in the 1st world.

t. immigrant from Poland, my family will move here soon.
>>
File: op is a fag.png (122 KB, 188x314) Image search: [Google]
op is a fag.png
122 KB, 188x314
>Russian parents are still patriotic to the motherland and want to move back and contribute to their country
>Son with no identity wants to stay in gay communist muslim shithole with all the other degenerates
Nothing to see here
>>
>>57301177
Ye boi
>>
>>57299940
but russians used to kill their own parents and grandparents because of an apartment in commieblock. housing in russia is a very expensive m8 so they don't have a choice. seriously
>>
>>57301152
Well then question yourself and think why is it that your parents want to move back no matter what.

If it's such a shithole then why are they making plans to return?

Are you sure life is that bad or are you just relying on memes and american propaganda?
You could visit and spend some time with them there before actually throwing a fit about it.

I lived in canada for 5 years then came back. No regrets.
>>
>>57301209
t. My parents with proxy

Nice try but I'm onto you.

>>57301181
Should I cut them off tho? I don't want to help them desu when they realize what a huge mistake they made.
>>
>>57300298

you may be killed by gopniks
>>
>>57301266
Yes. Tell them not to move and let them if they still will.

Don't suport them. Hope they will make enough money to come back and that Canada doesn't forfeit their permanent resident status.
>>
>>57301266

Don't cut them off, they're your family. If you've tired to explain your opinion and they've disregarded it then you have done all you can do. They have to live with it, not you.
>>
>>57301211
>toronto
Kill yourself you liberal scum no wonder you're such a faggot and your parents want to move back you live in SJW Central, jesus christ.
>>
>>57301248
>Memes and American propaganda

I'm sorry, I didn't realize Wikipedia and all of the sources of information it uses were memes or propaganda.

Are you telling me that the GDP is NOT shit, Russian salaries are NOT piss-poor, they do NOT have a huge suicide and murder rate and that people don't drink themselves to death and inject krokdil?
>>
>>57301326
>>>57301211 (You)
>>toronto
>Kill yourself you liberal scum no wonder you're such a faggot and your parents want to move back you live in SJW Central, jesus christ.

So where am I suppose to live you fucking retard?

Toronto has all the jobs and everything relevant. Am I suppose to live in a middle of nowhere hicktown because "muh SJW /pol/ memes"?

Toronto(and its surrounding area) and Vancouver(and its surrounding are) are the only relevant parts of Canada.
>>
>>57301401
desu Toronto is shit and the people there are intolerable but it's still better than Russia
>>
Canada is slowly turning into a shit hole but its still miles above Russia at this point.

But honestly just get a fucking job and move out, who give a fuck, I don't know about your family but when people want to move to Russia they are either a) rich as shit so they can take advantage of the rate and live like kings b) stupid
>>
>>57301335
>trusting wikipedia
m8

>Are you telling me that the GDP is NOT shit, Russian salaries are NOT piss-poor
Things are also piss-cheap there (like food, housing and education) and while they're hitting rough patches they're not going hungry in the least, as far as I know the only thing that's become harder to obtain are electronics and luxuries like that. Is that such a big deal to you?

>they do NOT have a huge suicide and murder rate
Your suicide rates are pretty close and I'd say Japan's top it.

As for murder rates, that's a valid point but then again unless you're dumb enough to walk around like an idiot in the middle of the night around a poor neighborhood's back alley chances are you're not going to get shanked.

>people don't drink themselves to death and inject krokdil?
Krokodil overuse is a meme and alcoholism is as much of a problem in Russia as liberal use of marijuana is on the west.

Both are just as destructive.

Perhaps they simply wish to live in a country that suits their moral values.
>>
>>57301430
>desu Toronto is shit and the people there are intolerable but it's still better than Russia

Tbh it's not half bad.

>Everything relevant is here
>Cozy
>Most jobs
>Best public transportation(or at least existent one) in Ontario
>Lots of QT brown chicks
>Lots of Slav ex-prostitutes
>Lots of cute gay bois

Nice place desu
>>
>>57301335
>Russian salaries are NOT piss-poor
They are
>>
>>57301401
Move over to a conservative state you idiot you clearly don't know jack about canada
"only muh liberal states are relevant even though they're the most useless ones of the country"

you literally live on the welfare-queen state of the country.

Move to Alberta, either Edmonton or Calgary.
>>
>>57300933
You will never be Russian just accept.
>>
>>57301523
>I don't trust wikipedia, I trust Russia today!

You do know Wikipedia isn't a SOURCE of information, it's a MEDIUM, right?

>>57301575
Are you from this planet?

Have you even heard of what Alberta is experiencing due to oil being worthless? There's no fucking jobs and crime and suicide skyrocketed.

You are such a fucking idiot you have no clue what you're talking about.

I am studying Finance, what fuxking Finance jobs are there in Saskatchewan or fucking Alberta you autistic fucking mongoloid /pol/cuck?

>Muh librulism is destroying society!
>>
File: 1397341016787.gif (1024 KB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
1397341016787.gif
1024 KB, 184x141
>the immigrants want to leave

Based
>>
File: 1446952514125.gif (3 MB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
1446952514125.gif
3 MB, 240x234
>>57301575
>Edmonton
>>
>>57301575
there is literally nothing to do in any of those places
>>
>>57301655
I don't read RT
also Wikipedia can be edited by anybody and source fact-checking has been known to be shit in there.

Btw only Oil-related jobs are getting cuts all across the board.

Finance jobs you can find anywhere when you spend some time looking through the papers you know?

It's not that hard.

>muh librulism is destroying society!
Isn't it?

Look at the EU.
Or Canada.
Kek it's becoming more shit by the day with Trudeau's policies.
>>
>>57301745
Actually Trudeau has done very little. Nothing is getting worse besides the increase in refugees. The recession here was already in motion before he took office.
>>
>>57301790
That's the problem.
He's doing jack shit to keep the CAD afloat.
>>
File: 1343479994013.png (250 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1343479994013.png
250 KB, 500x375
>>57301659
Making more space for the Syrians who are one their way desu
>>
>>57301711
>Alberta
>Canada's economic powerhouse
>literally nothing to do in any of these places
Not with your liberal arts degree there aint.
>>
>>57301575

>Some beaner that lived here for a couple years things he's the authority on Canada

Edmonton and Calgary are full of immigrants, Edmonton is right leaning for economic reasons and you'll find A LOT of fucking degeneracy there what with the drug addict ex-con rig monkeys and the alcoholic chugs all over the place. Unless you want to move out there to make oilbux on the patch, I'd avoid Alberta like the plague. "muh right wing province" it's a fucking meme, you can find that in any rural area, the cities are shitpits.
>>
>>57301659
looks like our furry gang welcoming immigrants is working as intended
>>
>>57301745
Trudeau has been in office for a few months. You don't seriously trust /pol/ and /int/ memes, right?

ALL the jobs for my major and industry are in Toronto.
>Only oil related jobs are getting cuts
Gee really? And what do you think are the majority of jobs in Alberta?

>>57301812
>>57301812
>That's the problem.
>He's doing jack shit to keep the CAD afloat.

Retarded confirmed, as expected.

Do you want Trudeau to just push the magic button to make Oil rebound? Holy fuck you are so stupid.
>>
Listen, this isn't a joke. If you can't convince them and you're a minor, apply for asylum in Canada as a political refugee or something. If you're a dissonant to the state of the Russian government, you could easily make a case that you would be personally endangered in 'muh homeland.'
>>
>>57301904
>Canada's economic powerhouse
Not anymore...
>>
The thing about Toronto OP is that it is very boring and is lacking in character. I'd really prefer living with the drunks in Newfoundland, the meth heads in the Maritimes or the cock-suckers in Quebec to be honest.
>>
>>57301904
>Alberta
>Powerhouse of anything when oil costs what it costs

Why do you even try to argue? You clearly have no clue and just read some /pol/ Canada thread and think you're an authority on the Canadian economy.

>Just move to Alberta bro I read it's based and a true white paradise! Lol ur a cuck if u don't jahahaha xdddd
>>
>>57301951
(continued)
For the record, I'm not one for modern liberalism in the west. If anything I'm an areligious conservative, but I don't want to see a white person that's clearly adapted to his society forced to leave his country to a place that's economically tattered and completely shitty to live in.
>>
>>57301915
No but he could cut spending on welfare and foreign aid and maybe try to not waste money on refugees.

>>57301913
Lived in Edmonton for around 6 years senpai.

Plenty of jobs besides the oil industry and I've seen far more junkies and drunkards in Victoria in just a week than I ever saw in those 6 years I spent living in Edmonton.
>>
>>57301951
>>57302010
Nah bro I'm an adult. Not moving there, just don't want parents to get trolled.
>>
>>57302026
Not the same anon, but I've lived here all my life and the only jobs now are shitty service industry jobs.
>>
>>57301988
lmao no you wouldn't, stop being such a faggot
>>
>>57302026
>He should cut welfare spending

You do know how long Harper ran a deficit for, right?

Also "he should cut welfare spending" is a pretty big cry from "He's DESTROYING THE ECONOMY, LIBRUL COMMUNISTS WANT TO DESTROY THE WEST"
>>
>>57302069
Guess shit hit the fan harder than I thought.
>>
>>57301988
I don't see how that's possible.

Toronto is one of the most diverse cities.

There's every single nationality and ethnicity, gays, straights, trans, Poorfags, millionaires, etc. And you can't find ANYWHERE to fit in? I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>57302077
I live in Sydney and it's a fuck of a lot better than your shitty city. Rob Ford was cool but Toronto is a city of degenerates.
>>
>>57302106
What do you expect when a province runs off oil revenues? we did this to ourselves. It's bottomed out though, so hopefully by summer time it will start to incline. What did you do here?

How's Chile? is it a good place to travel in? I'm looking for places to go early May.
>>
>>57302131
literally never heard of sydney
>>
>>57302123
It just feels so flat and stale. Just another generic North American city in my humble opinion.
>>
>>57302194
What part of Toronto did you live in?
>>
>>57301523

>liberal use of marijuana is as destructive as alcohol

Retard detected.
>>
>>57302277
>but I read it on /pol/...
>>
File: 4L_NkXoteDV.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
4L_NkXoteDV.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>57302194
>flat and stale

yeah this shit hole looks like a hoot
>>
>>57302174
Worked in the logistics industry, GFS checking quality of food brought in while trying to get a medical license.

Spent several thousand dollars trying to get it and I got tired of it.

Also good places to visit?
Try southern areas of the country. Torres del Paine is a very beautiful place to visit.
>>
>>57298355
But Russia is pretty based.
>>
>>57300567
>The average monthly salary is 200-250$
oh my god, I used to make that in two days working pizza delivery

russia sucks
>>
>>57302343
What does that have to do with anything? I'm not from Sydney. The Maritimes are nice though I will admit. Would prefer there over Ontario.
>>
>>57302363
No, it's corrupt, poor, grey and cold.
>>
File: 1429258681127.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1429258681127.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>57298355
Aren't you the guy who wants to change his family name? Did you consider they want to leave because youre a huge disappointment to them?
>>
>>57302363
Why do you think that?
>>
>>57302381
Yeah and a kilo of rice doesnt even cost a dollar there.

Do you not understand cost of living?
>>
>>57302872
Anything imported is unaffordable.

And Russian's products aren't exactly known for their quality.
>>
>>57302960
Oh no wherever will I get my AAA Angus Beef Steaks and my green cheese now!

Oh jesus the horror I can no longer afford to buy Apple's new flavor of the month iPhone!

ITS THE END TIMES, THE END TIMES HAVE COME!
>>
>>57303073
You really are delusional about how bad their economy is and how few products they produce.

Why the fuck would anyone ever live there?

List 5 reasons that aren't /pol/ memes.
>>
>>57303174
People have different opinions.

/pol/ "memes" are just as valid as the next reason, and even if you dislike that and deny it it doesn't make it any less true.

Heck I wanna move overto Russia, I've already started trying to learn Russian so I can study and get a medical specialisation there and then work there.

I'd honestly rather live in a country whose people hold similar views and values than I do than live in a country where I'll be rich but still unsatisfied with how it works and how the majority of its people behave.

Happiness doesn't equal material goods to everybody.
>>
>>57303413
You hold views of doing crime, not caring about anyone else, Islam(Muslim population is over 20% in Moscow) and doing drugs?

OK I guess...
>>
>>57303413
>/pol/ "memes" are just as valid as the next reason, and even if you dislike that and deny it it doesn't make it any less true.
H A H A H A
A
H
A
H
A

but seriously fuck off back to /pol/
/pol/ literally has nothing of value to share with anyone. it's a cesspool of trolling and shitposts. claiming /pol/ has anything meaningful to say is like claiming /int/ has anything meaningful to say: it's a completely vacuous statement that demonstrates your ignorance more clearly than any other statement possibly could.
>>
>>57298355
Well I mean you could tell them that they were born in Canada and not Russia for a reason
>>
>>57299846
Tell them how many Muslims are in Russia and how Putin supports them.
>>
>>57303520
T H I S.

/pol/ and /r9k/ are pretty much the same user base. Just more racism and edgier.
>>
>>57303520
>>57303683
Can't handle opposing views?
>>
File: IMG_235833.jpg (210 KB, 641x427) Image search: [Google]
IMG_235833.jpg
210 KB, 641x427
1000 km from Moscow.

Also don't move to Moscow, it's literally the aint house.
>>
>>57303765
Can handle them, they're just retarded.
>>
Go, until its too late and you became racemixed trans.
>>
>>57307637
Too late
>>
>>57298355
Don't be a self righteous brat.

Help your parents out, new experience and change of setting will be good for them.
>>
>>57298355
Get a job, move to a shared room with Pajeet and Rajesh (so rent is low) and let them go.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.