[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>your cunt >will self driving cars work in your country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
>your cunt
>will self driving cars work in your country?
>why or why not
>>
No, because nobody knows how to drive here.
>>
No, our public transit is great and we don't want cars self-driving or otherwise
>>
>>57257097
Probably.
We got good infrastructure, and our country is small.
>>
Yes. For better or worse, Norway is a place where new technology like that is easily implemented. And the gubment likes to enforce it, or at least give economic incentive to those that buy a preferred type of car, and tax people who drive cars they don't like. It's why the Tesla is so popular here.
>>
>>57257097
No. If these things catch on, I guarantee we will be the last to implement them.

America is freed>efficiency. And I agree with that. The only way I'll use a self-driving car is if you put my corpse in it
>>
>>57258025
Well it makes sense for yanks I think, at least to some to some extent. You guys have vast lands of nothingness and plenty of terrain. Self driving cars seem less than optimal for that. However for your average city yanks it's full on retarded not to have a self driving car.
>>
>>57258139
self driving cars use cameras built in to the car to navigate so it doesn't really matter what road they're on, it works the same way no matter where you are
>>
>>57258139
A lot of downtown city folk don't even have cars. And desu there are major construction works happening constantly on our roads and too much traffic. Self-driving cars would have to be smart as hell to even stand a chance on the freeways.
>>
>>57258267
I don't think constant construction is that much of a problem. Just tell the authorities to report to whoever is in charge of the maps when they are building.
>>
>>57258025
>No. If these things catch on, I guarantee we will be the last to implement them.
Tesla is already almost fully working there. It only need more data and it will be fully working.

The new model is starting from $35k and 250k cars pre-ordered from Tesla only in 24h now...
>>
File: 1459504284905.jpg (758 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459504284905.jpg
758 KB, 1920x1080
>>57258387
I'm pretty disappointed in what the new model looks like
>>
File: 347673457632476326732343.jpg (27 KB, 608x370) Image search: [Google]
347673457632476326732343.jpg
27 KB, 608x370
>>57257097

No, because regular drivers rely on small, but regular breaches of road etiquette to go around their business whereas self-driving cars stick to it like an OCD-infested old lady.

And we are still piss-poor.
>>
>>57258387
We also have hydrogen cars. By the virtue of having 310 million people, we get really advanced tech, but as a nation as a whole we lag behind in these kinds of things.
>>
>>57257097
Russia
No
people will spoil or damage them
>>
>>57258443
>No, because regular drivers rely on small, but regular breaches of road etiquette to go around their business whereas self-driving cars stick to it like an OCD-infested old lady.
This
Unless I have the option to switch the auto driver off and drive myself whenever I want
>>
>>57258382
What I mean is that there is already insufferable traffic here, especially on the west coast. Whoever planned the roads and cities should've been shot. But to make the roads bigger, we need expansion, which makes the bad traffic even worse. With the aggressive way people drive and not everyone having a self-driving car,, this is a recipe for disaster
>>
>>57258489
>We also have hydrogen cars. By the virtue of having 310 million people, we get really advanced tech, but as a nation as a whole we lag behind in these kinds of things.
Electric cars were around since forever, but Tesla is an actual practical electric car. The reason why it's likely to be big is that it's actually practical not some "I'm /r/futurology so I'm getting this car".

>>57258425
Looks to me like the typical practical family car. Nothing Gucci but practical.
>>
>>57259023
>turning your head to monitor the speed

nah
>>
>flag
>fuck no
>our roads and traffic are shit
>>
Depends. Traffic in Israel is pretty fucking terrible. Those cars would have to stop and go constantly, unless they go on a highway of course.
>>
lel no.
>>
>>57258139
The thing is our larger cities (except for Los Angeles & Detroit) actually have pretty good public transit, so people either just don't own cars in cities, or they do own a car but only use it for long trips negating the advantages of full electric vehicles. I think electric cars for the time being will be solely relegated to people in suburban people or rich city folk who simply dislike public transit. When ranges start topping 400-500 miles I think they'll catch on more.
>>
>>57259122
This. I really hate how many cars are putting all the vital vehicle data over the center console now. First it was just the Prius then several Toyota and Honda vehicles and now it's trickling into American cars. I really wish automakers started doing more HUD projection displays like Mazda, GM and BMW are doing.
>>
File: Austin_Prototype.0.0.png (622 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
Austin_Prototype.0.0.png
622 KB, 800x536
>>57258025
Hello Kansas!

>>57257097
Yes, Uber and Lyft have already invested extensively in Tesla and Google self-driving cars here in America.
>>
>>57257097
No, they will be banned.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.