[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i the only one who thinks Japan is overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: ken-sama.jpg (63 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
ken-sama.jpg
63 KB, 600x800
I get the feeling that many people like it only because of anime and manga. People act like they know so much about it without ever watching something Japan related that doesn't have to do with anime and manga.

Not saying i hate anime as a whole (in fact, i do watch a few) but honestly, i think Japan and Anime is DRASTICALLY overrated.

I can understand if someone wants to visit japan because of the food, culture, landmarks, etc as they are legit reasons. But if someone wants to visit Japan just because of anime and manga then that's a very lame reason.

Eventhough japan is a very advance country, about 85 percent of the population over there has terrible english skills. Even the chinese people in China speak better english than Japanese people.

I know we shouldnt dwell on the past but lets not forget that the Japanese army was one of the cruelest armies during World War II.
>>
I'm not reading all that, I just want a japanese gf
>>
>>57207352
Why are you in Japan then?
>>
I like Japanese music, culture, and art more than I do anime t b h. I've only seen like 4-5 anime shows I actually enjoyed.

You (well prob not you fucking marine weeaboo fuck) guys also have a neat history and I admire your economic miracle and how you ripped the fuck off the US in order to become a rising economy/manafacturing powerhouse.
>>
>>57207352
>the Japanese army was one of the cruelest armies during World War II.
Do you agree with the last changes in law that allow the army to conquer?
>>
Japan is pretty poor and will most likely be a developing nation in 10 years. At this point weebs and tourists are all you have. Embrace and don't fight it!
>>
>>57207594
Finland would know what it's like to go from a developed nation to a developing nation.
>>
File: 190215.jpg (189 KB, 960x825) Image search: [Google]
190215.jpg
189 KB, 960x825
japan is the last bastion of nationalism and homogeneous population

you are unique in this jew cuck globalized world
>>
>>57207352
just you are too self conscious
grow up
>>
WAITO PIGGU
>>
>>57207749
When did this happen? I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing it will just be an interesting addition to Japan's mythos.
>>
>>57207352
of course yes. why dare white people, who even ruled over this world, be obsessed with inferior far east culture? it's not like eating shit.
>>
File: Lockon Stratos Neil Dylandy.jpg (29 KB, 613x410) Image search: [Google]
Lockon Stratos Neil Dylandy.jpg
29 KB, 613x410
>>57207352
all white men should look like this
>>
wtf i hate japan now
>>
>>57207352
>about 85 percent of the population over there has terrible english skills
You say that as if that's a bad thing. If anything, it proves they're self-sufficient to the point they don't need jack shit from the rest of the world. It's kind of like monolingual English speakers.
>>
>>57207352
>if someone wants to visit Japan just because of anime and manga then that's a very lame reason.
Who fucking does this?

Did you make a thread complaining about 0.005% of people who overrate Japan?

And who overrates Japan? All I see are threads either saying bullshit about WW2, or saying how insular/xenophobic/racist/non-sexual it is.
Of course there are people on the ground there defending it, but they don't exaggerate anything, just tell it like it is.

>oooooohhhhhh this is a b8 thread, my bad
>>
>>57209245
Please hate as much as you want
We don't want to be loved by fuckin American
>>
>>57207352
Japan is pretty cool even though its culture has been under attack for seventy years. They are a civilized people. Cool naturescape too, to name a few things.
t. Not a weebshit
>>
>>57209566
Thanx
>>
>>57207352
I feel you bro I think japan would be very boring if I would visit there it seems like a country full of 40+ people who do nothing but work.
Also the quirky anime 'culture' doesn't attract me in any way.
>>
>be netouyo
>stay on /int/ 24/7 and some shit blogs
>stii dont even know of a single meme in english
>still speak dumb ingrosh
NETOUYO
E
T
O
U
Y
O
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.