[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw someone say that France is latin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: crigoloalcool.jpg (42 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
crigoloalcool.jpg
42 KB, 413x395
>mfw someone say that France is latin
>>
File: 1458675465770.gif (154 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1458675465770.gif
154 KB, 360x360
France is black
>>
>>
Indeed, calling the language family "Latin" is stupid, it's obviously Romance, and in a broader sense Italic
>>
>>57168798
Ok, now, I'm mad.
>>
>>57169019
Educate yourself senpai
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italic_languages
>>
>>57168798
This 10x. Romantic languages are not fucking Latin.
>>
>>57169079
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langues_italiques
The french page say otherwise.
And our pronounciation is germanic as fuck. That's why germans who speak french are the most intelligible.
>>
>>57169246
But it says the same pretty much
>La langue italique la plus importante historiquement fut le latin, langue du Latium et de la Rome antique devenue celle de l'Empire romain, et dont l'évolution produisit la famille des langues romanes
It's a supergroup just like Germanic, Balto-Slavic, Indo-European are supergroups/families

And well, of course neighbouring languages often influence each other's phonology, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Average_European
Also for French and (South) German (dialects), the extinct Continental Celtic (Gaulish) may have influenced the pronunciation

Doesn't change the fact that French in its core (everyday vocabulary and basic grammar/syntax) is still considered a Romance and therefore Italic language
>>
File: 1458535397513.png (232 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
1458535397513.png
232 KB, 500x301
>>57168299
>mfw it is
>>
>>57169246
>https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langues_italiques
>>langues latino-falisques
>> falisque parlé au nord de Rome
>> latin parlé dans le centre-ouest de l'Italie, étendu ensuite à tout l'Empire romain.
>> langues romanes
^ kek

>And our pronounciation is germanic as fuck
Are you so ashamed of speaking a Romance language that you have to make up this bullshit
>>
>>57169527
Well there's something to it as I explained earlier, and there's many such examples from border areas
For example Sorbian sounds like Polish spoken by a German, while Rhaeto-Romance sounds like Italian with a Swiss German accent, on the other hand the now-extinct German Silesian had a very strong Slavic ring to it, etc etc
>>
>>57169506
but we don't even get the upsides of being spics
i can't go to usa, i can't collect my welfare, i can't get affirmative action, i don't get leftists crying for me or anything
this sucks
>>
>>57169527
>Are you so ashamed of speaking a Romance language that you have to make up this bullshit
Have you ever heard the french language ?
>>
>>57169246
German pronunciation =/= Germanic

It's very different from languages considered closer to proto-Germanic such as north Germanic languages. French and German most likely either developed similar pronunciation simply by proximity and centuaries of intermingling or both had their pronounciation influenced by a mutual source such as Gaulish for example which was largely present in France and south Germany.
>>
>>57168299
Who the fuck cares Pierre we are many things
>>
>>57173820
I know.
>>
>>57168299
half latin half germanic
>>
>>57175303
You got it wrong.
>>
>>57169246
Portuguese pronounciation is slavic as fuck. But I don't think that they're slavs.
>>
>>57175511
Do they have slavic roots ?
>>
>>57175349
what is the right answer then?
>>
>>57175764
Celtics who was colonized by romans and freed by germanics.
>>
>>57175875
were*
>>
>>57175875
>Gauls (celtic tribe) who were civilized by romans and killed by germanics.
fixed it for you
as a result you are latin-germanic
>>
>>57175996
Do you honestly believe a tiny bunch of Danes (about the ancestral home of where Germanic ethnogenesis took place) had such an overwhelming genetic effect on not all of the rest of modern-day Germany, but all the way into Gaul?
I know using Y-DNA is not optimal in this day and age but it can kinda give an idea for relatively short periods of 2000 years (autosomal is hard to apply here because you can barely separate "Celtic" and "Germanic" that way)
Original Germanics were about 50% I1 (some South Swedish regions still are), while even West and South Germany are about 10%, so do the math (and that's assuming there was zero I1 in those regions before Germanic invasions, which is very questionable)
>>
>>57176491
>not all of the rest of modern-day Germany
*not ONLY all of the rest of modern-day Germany
>>
File: frogbemused.jpg (7 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
frogbemused.jpg
7 KB, 250x238
>>57175996
>who were civilized by romans and killed by germanics
>>
>>57168491
Once you go black there's no going back.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.