[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is going to sound a little corny, but hear me out. I arrived
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Europe.jpg (438 KB, 700x389) Image search: [Google]
Europe.jpg
438 KB, 700x389
This is going to sound a little corny, but hear me out.

I arrived back from Travelling from Europe in December, I went to nearly every European country, other than some of the Balkans ones and some of the weird ones (think Moldova). I just want to say, your architecture, your history, your environments are stunning. And then there is the uniqueness that each country offers, the warm, loud Spain, the artistically perfect France building, the beautiful Rome, the wonders of Germany (in particular Bavaria). I mean I could go on and on about every country's unique characteristics that makes the place amazing.

Then I see all the fighting between European nations, and I see the willingness for Europe not to preserve this amazing history and it makes me sad. The EU was a good concept, but when you take away part of a nation's sovereignty, you risk taking something that is unique about that nation. I just think that I wish Europeans were more focussed on cooperation with other European states and conservation of all they have achieved.

I dunno, I've drunk a little bit so this might not make sense, but all I'm saying is, don't forget who you are Europe, and what you have done.
>>
N-No one?
>>
>>57163359
(You)
>>
File: simon.jpg (187 KB, 2197x1468) Image search: [Google]
simon.jpg
187 KB, 2197x1468
>>57163082
Well that's beautiful and I agree, and there's Carcassonne in your pic so it's a yes from me
>>
Visiting Europe is something every Brit should have to do desu.
>>
el australiANO
>>
*leaves*
>>
>>57163082
Shed a manly tear/10.
This is all Germany's fault, isn't it ;___;
>>
>>57163082
where did you go in Spain?

>inb4 Barcelona
>>
>>57164024
Valencia, Barcelona, Madrid, San Sebastian
>>
>>57164063
So where did you go in France then m8 ?
>>
>>57163082
European states have been at war for centuries. You wouldn't be able to enjoy these countries if it wasn't for peace, which we have thanks to European integration.

How exactly is the EU destroying unique European cultures? Give me one concrete exaple

I have an impression it's doing the exact opposite
>>
>>57164063
2/4 half shit half decent
you missed most of that so-called "unique Spain" but at least you didn't go full retard and weren't only in the mediterranean coast
>>
>>57164235
>I could have spent weeks more in each city, but didn't have the time nor the money sadly

>>57164157
Paris twice, Tours, Nice, Biarettz. Wasn't there for as long as I would have liked either
>>
>>57164180
How exactly is the EU destroying unique European cultures? I have an impression it's doing the exact opposite
You believe states pooling their soveriegnty into one being enhances individual state culture? That doesn't make sense.

The free movement of people, although with its benefits like making my holiday a hell of a lot easier, means that what makes each different has lessened. I don't think anyone can say that Paris is authentically and purely French today, despite its history and architecture. This is largely due to EU's policies.
>>
File: check.jpg (34 KB, 800x472) Image search: [Google]
check.jpg
34 KB, 800x472
>>57164444
Nice quads
Well it's a decent list
>>
>>57164627
>I don't think anyone can say that Paris is authentically and purely French today

Yeah but that's not really because of Shengen, I welcome European tourists and (decent) immigrants with open arms. Paris has always attracted people from all over the world. The issue of non-European mass immigration is another thing
>>
>>57164739
>and (decent) immigrants with open arms

I meant decent European immigrants
>>
>>57164627
the mess that is the EU is making a lot of countries go full nationalism

and a city like Paris wouldn't be more french without EU
>>
>>57164739
Yeah perhaps, but it also takes away something in my opinion. I'm not saying that Europeans should be forced to remain in their countries, but it is also nice for European nations to have their distinct culture preserved.
>>
>>57164627
No, Paris looks the way it does now thanks to the French colonial empire and immigration policy of the French post-colonial governments i.e. nothing to do with the EU

Switzerland is one country, much more strongly bound than the EU, and it managed to preserve its unique cultures for centuries

The EU isn't some super strong unitary government you imigine as you probably imagine it to be
>>
>>57164823
"distinct culture" is something that greatly changes over time
by what you say the roman empire was a bad thing since it erased a bunch of cultures and remplaced them or basically every border change in history
>>
>>57164823
It's unbelievably easy for national politicians to blame the EU for anything that goes wrong. Nobody is passionate about the EU, nobody will defend it, even if it's wrongly accused

The EU promotes regionalism and cultural heritage
>>
>>57164980
Unfortunately though, the future does not pose a desirable change for Europe. If current trends continue, Europe will become substantially more Islamic than it currently is. And this is a culture which has typically been at war with Christian Europe for near on 1400 years.
>>
>>57165067
>The EU promotes regionalism and cultural heritage
How so? This seems to directly contradict their current immigration policies.
>>
>OP wants us all to go to war with each other yet again

nice trick, cant, but you're not getting your sovereignty and a nice economic boost from helping the rubble of Europe rebuild THAT easily.
>>
>>57165090
that's not something that hasn't happened before
those are cicles and we can't avoid them
if this current situation is dying we can't really do nothing to stop it
>>
>>57165133
Language rights, promoting art, certificates protecting unique foods etc.

EU has no unified immigration policy
>>
I don't see how a political union infringes on the arichtecture or culture there... if anything it helps preserve them through peaceful times.

Think of the middle east and how beautiful cultures and art were/are ruined by the constant warfare and lack of unity/stability; in places like Egypt, Iran and Afghanistan it's blatant...
>>
>>57164904
>No, Paris looks the way it does now thanks to the French colonial empire and immigration policy of the French post-colonial governments i.e. nothing to do with the EU
This. Paris and London have been multiculti since before this new wave of shit happened because muh colonies.

>>57165184
With the Krauts in charge, it could happen sooner than later :^)

Though this time it's going to be civil wars.
>>
>>57165277
It has happened before, and it caused the collapse of the Roman Empire. Not something I want to see replicated again today.

>>57165281
German dominance over the EU, lead by the short sighted Merkel, was perhaps a major contributor to the current refugee crisis. With the Shengen in place, the EU needs to have a unified immigration policy, otherwise the whole system will fall apart.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.