[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: australia.jpg (119 KB, 550x461) Image search: [Google]
australia.jpg
119 KB, 550x461
What went wrong?
>>
We should just unironically rangeban every Australian. Their country is a fucking joke, they have not contributed ANYTHING, in the 3 years I've been browsing /int/ I have NEVER EVER seen a quality Australian post, LITERALLY NEVER, just rangeban them mods please, they are fucking shitposting faggots and nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>57142662
>Hidden threads: 23
Take a guess

>>57142749
Fuck you too
>>
>>57142749
>unironically

Nice buzzword

>>> /reddit
>>
What went so RIGHT?
>>
File: pepe dundee.jpg (17 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
pepe dundee.jpg
17 KB, 249x249
>>57142662
Literally not a single thing
>>
>>57142749
are you talking about argentina?
>>
>>57142662
what went right?
>>
>>57143412
Actually I'm pretty sure an Aussie /brit/poster started the "unironically" shit.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8 KB, 193x250) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8 KB, 193x250
>Hey anon, I really enjoy spending time with you, but my shitpost senses tell me you shit talk my fucking great country!
>please tell me my senses are wrong. I can't lose my virginity to someone who hates my country and my countrymen
>>
>>57144931
>Hey anon, I really enjoy spending time with you

why is this sentence so australian
>>
>>57142662
Absolutely bloody nothing
>>
>>57145006
Because we are a social country
>>
A lot. The only non-retards are the middle-class immigrants (Both white and non-white).
>>
>>57145204
>t. Jimmy Grant
>>
>>57145251
More like
t. Jimmy Chang
It's gookstralia we are talking about
>>
Can any Aussie answer me this? I went to a local liquor store here & it had Fosters beer so I bought some. Is Fosters popular in the great down under?
>>
Liberals fucking up our nbn
>>
>>57147198
Not really. The only meme beer which happens to be popular here is VB.
>>
>>57147198
Never seen anyone drinking fosters before.
>>
Australians
>>
>>57147198
I hadn't even heard of fosters until an American friend of mine mentioned he was drinking it.
>>
File: 1455767509682.png (16 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1455767509682.png
16 KB, 420x420
>>57147420
Easter?
>>
lel
>>
I am so surprised at how oblivious the average Australian is to the imminent failure of the country, you are looking at a decade at the most before the system collapses. As an ex Australian resident now living overseas, I can tell you living overseas really offers a different perspective from the media drivel that you experience whilst living in the country.

Why will Australia fall within the next decade?

Emigration:

I was shocked at the number of Australian Citizens who are leaving the country in search of greener pastures overseas. These are not people who have immigrated to Australia and then decided to leave, these are citizens who were born in Australia yet have found the environment so toxic that they have chosen to leave.

The statistics indicate that 44,000 Australian Citizens have emigrated overseas in the past 12 months, most of whom fit the demographic of highly educated. If the country is so great, why is it that a large number of the most valuable citizens are leaving permanently?
>>
>>57144931
Im just speaking the language of love for your country
>>
>>57149301
Uncompetitive Taxation:

All countries are now experiencing exponential globalisation, individuals and companies now and into the future have far more options on where they are based. Using the internet and low cost air travel, it is going to be more and more acceptable to be based in your country of choice. The downside (or upside depending on what end of the stick you fall) is that governments like Australia are going to have to become competitive in taxation.
A government that does not become competitive will simply lose investment (see Australia and the mining tax) to countries that are more competitive.
>>
>>57149374
Unsustainable Welfare

80% of all welfare will be dissolved within the decade, it is simply not sustainable to have such a large proportion of the population living of off those who make an effort to get ahead. Globalisation and the increasing competitiveness of taxation states will kill this welfare state off very quickly. The trend is a continual decline in government revenue as more people look to move funds to more tax efficient locations.

The issue is that because the welfare junkies make up such a large proportion of votes, it is unlikely this change is going to occur until the county is in such a financial mess that the GFC will look like a boom.
>>
File: Its time.jpg (37 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
Its time.jpg
37 KB, 203x248
>>57142749
>>
>>57145006
Because people actually enjoy their time with Australians
>>
>>57149420
Over Regulation

Regulation is simply eliminating competition from the market, take a look at Australia's most regulated industry, the Taxi Industry and tell me how all that regulation is working out? High cost & no service is what I see.

The red tape is now so out of control that starting a business requires huge amounts of capital and time to simply meet the regulation requirements, this is before one even considers the difficulties of running a business. Entrepreneurial culture is vital for the success of any country, I am always impressed by the nature of people in developing countries who make these small businesses. The public bus system in Peru for example leaves all of Australia's public transport behind, despite using older equipment, the buses are on time, frequent and practical. 1 - 2 hours commuting each way in an Australian capital city is why so many people are so reliant on cars.
>>
>>57149477
Collapse of the Mining Industry.

Australian's seem to be under the belief that they are the only ones who have reserves of natural resources! You will find that natural resources are equally if not more abundant in West Africa and Northern South America. Traditionally these countries have been less stable, however those times are changing quickly.
I have personally watched $46 billion dollars worth of investment shifted to South America from Australia because it is simply too uncompetitive now. Countries like Colombia an Brazil are willing to offer tax dispensations because they know that mining will help their economies to grow, rather than Australia who believes it is appropriate to shoot the goose that lay's the golden eggs.

The future is not so bright, I suggest to all of you who have been thinking about leaving or do not feel at home in Australia, leave now whilst you still can. The grass is not just greener overseas, its a jungle ripe with opportunities!
>>
>>57149301
I just landed a job in HK. Sure I'll be surrounded by chinks, but I grew up in Sydney so I'm used to it.

Bring on that low salary tax senpai
>>
File: white_oz.jpg (307 KB, 1907x1147) Image search: [Google]
white_oz.jpg
307 KB, 1907x1147
>>57142662
>What went wrong?

Some idiot canned the White Australia policy.
>>
>>57149301
>>57149374
>>57149420
>>57149477
>>57149513
Can confirm most of this.

I'm an Australian going through University, going to (hopefully) be considered 'highly educated' and the first thing I'm looking to do is move overseas. No culture here, isolated from the rest of the world, expensive flights from here to anywhere (besides bali), expensive living standards, lack of variety in: jobs, goods, services, etc, etc. The only thing we have going for us is our high HDI but I'd settle for ~.05 less of a HDI for a huge increase in every single one of the already mentioned ideas.

I also live off of welfare as an Australian citizen studying, good for me of course, not so great for the country as a whole. Essentially getting paid by the government to get educated - little do they know I'm just going to take what I learnt and benefit some other, better country.

Living in WA the 'collapse of the mining industry' is pretty brutal as all the jobs here are trades/engineering jobs as FIFO work. More people are flooding these job areas yet the companies are only downsizing as a result of depleting resources.

And finally the lack of small businesses or any businesses (besides mining/resource extraction) has fucked us over completely. Everything an Australian needs we either have an established business that no one is willing to switch from or compete with; or we just get everything imported in from companies already provide desired good/service.

>>57142662
>What went wrong?
All in all, we outsourced all our resources which hugely benefitted the country and it's citizens at the time, creating great growth and made the people who started these original companies filthy rich - but it was ultimately unsustainable and now it has come back to bite us in the ass.

We should have used the resources we gathered to build up our own little 'empire' instead of selling it all to the chinks who just sell it back to us for twice the price as usable goods.

we tried
>>
File: 1398983090624.png (304 KB, 1148x1022) Image search: [Google]
1398983090624.png
304 KB, 1148x1022
>>57142662
Massive nanny state. Government treats them like children. They have to shitpost because it's the only "thrill" they'll get out of life.
>>
>>57149301
>The statistics indicate that 44,000 Australian Citizens have emigrated overseas in the past 12 months, most of whom fit the demographic of highly educated. If the country is so great, why is it that a large number of the most valuable citizens are leaving permanently?

Well tbqh this happens to basically every country. Skilled workers will emigrate to where they are needed. I know a friend who finished uni and immediately got offered by an institute in Japan to live and study there to obtain a masters degree in virtual reality and information science or something like that.

Another point is that in the last 20 years, as a country, we have fallen so far behind technologically it's not even funny. Not living with technology, but business wise, there's no competition with other countries like Japan, US, China, Britain, SK, Singapore and shitloads of others who're living in 2016, we're still back in 2005.

This is evident with the fact we can't even roll out the NBN properly due to a lack of fiber cable splitters.
>>
>>57142662
>What went wrong?
On a social level:
Young people - spoilt, retarded, try so desperately to live like discount Kardasians and Kanyes.

Middle aged people - retarded, believe every drop of bullshit that is fed to them through supposedly respected 'news channels' or even newspapers now; not to mention all that fucking ACA, Today Tonight and 60 Minutes bullshit.

Old people - mostly hard working, respectable and based as fuck buuuuuttttt all going to die within the next decade so that's great
>>
>>57150476
This x 100000

The little business we have here is using the most outdated forms of everything and can't possibly compete with the rest of the world because of it. Probably mostly due to the majority of the 'skilled, innovative youth' leaving the country.

>NBN rollout
Don't even get me started cunt, as if you can even manage to fuck something which is (for a government) quite a simple task
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBQjPFJNDQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSF2X-ZoqE8
>>
>>57150122
>living anywhere other than Melbourne
>>
This thread is fucking depressing. I gotta say my perception of Australia is that its a good place to live in terms of culture and quality of life. Not to mention being a plane ride from exploring SEA. I was thinking of relocating to one of the major cities in the next ten years to get away from being a cubicle slave
>>
>>57150583
t. Agnes Merriweather, last surviving settler from the first fleet
>>
>>57150726
People on here are whinging cunts and making our first world problems seem 10x bigger than they are. Like every place, Australia is flawed but it's still one of the best places in the world to be born/live. Anyway as they say, the rats are the first to abandon the ship. If people see there are flaws in this country, they should stay here and try to affect change. If they loved their country that's what they'd do.
>>
>>57150876
>one of the best places in the world to be born/live
ahahahahahahahah
>stay here and try affect change
>try

>If they loved their country that's what they'd do
Only people who have the southern cross tattooed across their face and fell for the 'Australia is the greatest country in the world' meme
>you
actually believe any of this
>>
>>57149513
Where did you get this garbage?
>>57150726
They're idiots. Most people on 4chan have no idea how economics works. Good luck if you want to try getting in though; the system can be tricky.
>>
>>57151039
>le bogan boogeyman
You're part of what's ruining this country, the tall poppy syndrome line of thought in which you can't love your country without being a dumbass redneck from wagga wagga. Good riddance, you won't be missed.
>>
>>57151071
I got it from a forum all of them are completely valid points for Australia being fucked up economically and socially
>>
>>57151318
>I got it from a forum
Oh ok then
>>
>>57151107
If you want to work in a trade your whole life, buy a home in a suburb somewhere, pay off your home, marry a standard Aussie tradie loving slut, two kids, boat, car, pub with the boys until you die life then Australia is a great place, and just might be 'the best place in the world.'

If you're looking to work in anything but a trade or FIFO work in resources then there's very slim pickings. Not to mention the hugely expensive cost of living around/in all of the big cities, places you'd have to live if you want to even just barely 'make it.'

The place lacks diversity and options for anyone who want to live a life different to the standard 'easy going Aussie life.'
>>
>>57151318
fuck off then

don't think about leaving a hecs debt behind either you cunt
>>
>>57151477
What makes your opinion so right and the opinion that he's found so wrong then?
>>
>>57142662
We didn't keep our leftists in check, same as every other western nation.

>>57147335
I saw my dad drinking it in some of the baby photos mum trots out to try and embarrass me

Explains a lot about my family desu

>>57149420
>Unsustainable Welfare
Vast majority of welfare expenditure is aged pensions. Leeches on DSP and neetbux (and all the shady carer pensions and shit the muzzies in shitney do) get all the attention because old cunts are politically untouchable

>>57150876
>If people see there are flaws in this country, they should stay here and try to affect change
Or gtfo and visit the nearest embassy or consulate to vote
>>
>>57142662
Nothing, considering it's a better country than the one it was colonized by.
>>
>>57142749
lol butthurt kraut
>>
>>57142662
They got KHAN'D
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.