[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Australia basically the world's greatest country/continent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 636x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 636x424
Is Australia basically the world's greatest country/continent?

>great food
>great beer
>great wine
>tons of awesome bands come from aus
>great music scenes in Perth and other cities from east to west
>overall exciting and fascinating culture
>notable filmmakers/movies
>interesting politics
>epic bantz
>never seem to not make me laugh with quality shitposts

I'd move to Australia, but I don't think I could handle the anti-American banter
>>
>>57142153
>great beer
>posts V.B.
>Vitamins for Blacks
>>
>great food
>great beer
>great wine

lel

>tons of awesome bands come from aus

Name three

>notable filmmakers/movies

George Miller and Mad Max and...?
>>
>>57144850
Are you kidding me? Our wine is better than France's. This is fact.
>>
Are sodastreams available for purchase in Australia?
>>
>>57144960
Yes, why?
>>
>>57144960
Yes
>>
>>57144850
Australians consider Rabbit Proof Fence to be a 10/10 film
>>
>>57142153
nice proxy you got there m8
>>
File: jake.jpg (19 KB, 462x308) Image search: [Google]
jake.jpg
19 KB, 462x308
>Is Australia basically the world's greatest country/continent?
No, it's a horrible place full of horrible people. You should go to New Zealand, instead.
>>
>>57145016
This, tbqh
>>
File: 1458257403919.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
1458257403919.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>57144873
>>
>>57144982
>>57144980

Then it is the greatest country/continent. Just feel like access to Sodastream should always be considered.
>>
>>57145016
COOK DA MAN SUM FOOKIN IGGS.
Go fuck a sheep ya bloody kiwi lover
>>
>>57144850
France your wine has been exposed for awhile, let it go m8.

>ACDC, Cold Chisel, The Living End. Just off the top of my head.
>>
>>57145080
fact. froggie wine is fit only for cooking
>>
>>57145095
How does it feel to know that two of the countries you colonoized are now much better than your own?
>>
NZ has better wine and beer desu, Australia is a pretty great place though
>>
>>57145228
NZ for tourism, Australia for living, I think we can agree on that fa,m?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlvLUcaRdGI
>>
>>57145164
>you colonoized
is he Queen Victoria?
>>
>>57145164

It's a good feeling. Although I must stress I didn't personally colonise either place.
>>
>>57144850
>great food
while there's not really such a thing as australian cuisine per se, we do have many fantastic restaurants representing all corners of the globe. also the fresh produce, meat and seafood is second to none

>great beer
despite the masses drinking stuff like vb, xxxx and tooheys, australia has a very strong microbrewery scene. additionally, larger breweries such as coopers and james squire produce some good beer too

>great wine
barossa valley nuff said. notable mentions to margaret river, yarra valley, hunter valley and tamar valley
>>
>>57145114
>not knowing this meme
Get on board, son.
>>
>>57145271
No. Australia is worse for everything and New Zealand is better in every conceivable way. Foreigners should be going to New Zealand instead of Australia.
>>
>>57145461
>while there's not really such a thing as australian cuisine per se, we do have many fantastic restaurants representing all corners of the globe
There's probably a few dishes that were invented by chefs here, but unless you're either in the industry or a massive cooking nerd I doubt anybody would know what they are.
>>
>>57145481
ahh yep no that's right I forgot it was actually Australia I was thinking of that was shit... NZ is the good place that's right. Thanks anon
>>
>>57145556
pie floater mate
>>
>>57145656
Glad you remembered.
>>57145691
I meant more like the wankier stuff you see on shows like food safari and the like. Using a pie floater as a representation of our contribution to cuisine would be like saying the lagerphone was a worthwhile contribution to music.
>>
>>57145691
I want Adelaide to leave
>>
i would love to live there but i fucking hate spiders and insects
it is not meant to be
>>
>>57142153
>Australia is a continent
american education
>>
>>57145775
fuck off you're probably a queenslander.
>>
>>57144850
>have over a thousand years of continual political, social, economic and religious changes
>france.jpg
>end up getting outstripped by the bogan progeny of bread thieves anyway
>>
>>57145818
both a country and a continent
>Brazilian education
>>
>>57145809
Well don't worry mate, beause I have two pieces of information that will set your mind at ease:
1) Although there's a wide variety of native snakes, spiders, as well as other venomous creatures, the deadly ones are a minority. Plus you're not that likely to come into frequent physical contact with most of that stuff, anyway.
2) New Zealand is better. You should move there.
>>
>>57145859
Oceania is a continent, led, not Australia.
>australian education
>>
>>57144850
AC/DC, Men at Work, Midnight Oil, INXS
>>
>>57145906
its not even about them being dangerous i'm just pretty sensitive when it comes to bugs and shit
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (89 KB, 685x567) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
89 KB, 685x567
>>57146102
People outside of Aus know about Men at Work and Midnight Oil?
>>
>>57145956
A continent is a contiguous landmass, which Oceania is not

shit son, no wonder the only Brazilians of note are either hot sluts or football players
>>
File: lolgaeryan.jpg (45 KB, 573x609) Image search: [Google]
lolgaeryan.jpg
45 KB, 573x609
>>57146194
>shit son, no wonder the only Brazilians of note are either hot sluts or football players
I like it.
>>
>>57146145
You get used to it after a while. It might take years, but you get used to it. Being the little gay boy that I am, I used to be kind of frightened by roaches and spiders, but after a while you realise it's not as bad as you think and it stops bothering you as much.
>>
>>57146182
Yep, at least here in Brazil, they were pretty famous in the 80s and 90s, principally Men at Work. Both had a big commercial sucess, internationally speaking.
>>
>>57146282
I was not aware. I knew Acca Dacca and INXS would be big overseas, but not those two.
>>
>>57146194
Following your logic, then let's take out Indonesia, Japan and Philippines of Asia! Let's say the world is divided now into North America, Central America, Europe, Africa, Antartica, Asia, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, shitons of other islands...
There's a reason why we call Asia and Oceania as CONTINENTS, you know?
>>
>>57146548
They're in the Asia region, but they're not in the continent. You know, because they're a bunch of islands which aren't connected to the mainland. That's why Oceania is a region and why Australia is a continent, because a continent is a consistent land mass while a region can include all the islands surrounding it
>>
>>57147007
Only the more conservatives says that Australia is a continent. By saying this, you are automatically saying that are only more 3 continents: America, Africa-Eurasia and Antarctica. Today, the word continent has more complexity than saying that is "basically" land masses.

"Continent", in the modern days, can be a set containing similar physical, cultural, historical and political aspects in a determinate region. That's why we most use the division that says there are North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania, instead of other models.
>>
F U L L
U
L
L
>>
>>57148543
Jesus you're a retard mate.
>>
>>57142153
>best country/continent
pretty sure it's the only country/continent
>>
>>57148543
just fucking stick to soccer
>>
File: images.jpg (30 KB, 538x274) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30 KB, 538x274
>>57148728
Wanna argue with the map?
'cause I don't wanna waste my time anymore, I know what I have learned is trustworthy, I can't do anything if you can't accept.
>>
>>57149104
You're a fucking retard mate. Just google "list of continents"
>>
>>57144850
Tame Impala is the best thing to ever come out of Australia
>>
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 537x274) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15 KB, 537x274
>>57149137
...aaaand guess what was the 1st result? You're trying too hard
>>
>>57149212
This is what comes up. You fucking monkey

>By convention there are seven continents: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Antarctica. Some geographers list only six continents, combining Europe and Asia into Eurasia.
>>
File: images.jpg (30 KB, 458x321) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30 KB, 458x321
>>57149279
kek. KEK. Now I googled in english. It is basically taking the Oceania and calling it "Australia". Bravo, abobo.
>>
>>57149150
Holy shit, didn't know Tame Impala was popular outside Australia

Bloody good band
>>
>>57149738
>you
hue
>>
>every aussie blabbers how gr8 aus is
>telling me i should definitely go there for work or holiday
>ask why they left
>get same answer
> Australia is a shithole
>>
>>57145956
Oceania is a region. The reason other islands such as NZ, PNG, Polynesia, Micronesia and Melanesia are such gathered into the "Australia" continent basket like so >>57149738 is because islands are grouped geographically with a neighboring continental landmass.

Sorry Miguel, Australia is a continent and a country.
>>
File: 1417858053038.png (313 KB, 671x609) Image search: [Google]
1417858053038.png
313 KB, 671x609
>>57142153
>>
>>57150454
this. tell your pasty lanky tourists to stop coming here and complaining about the food and weather, then migrating six months later.
>>
>>57150454
It's just a certain demographic who truly believes 'Australia is the best country in the world' that are the ones who blabber on about how gr8 aus is.

Anyone who doesn't want to live in a suburb until they die, spend all their time at the pub, work a trade, etc, etc usually doesn't consider Australia to be all that great. And they move to a place which is considered to have more opportunity and suit their desired lifestyle a bit more.

It's all about preference in the end and what sort of a lifestyle you're looking for.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.