[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people on /int/ pretend that Norway is cold?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
Why do people on /int/ pretend that Norway is cold?
>>
>°C
>>
>pretend
>>
>>57117384
Yeah, it's pretty mild. Basically all of USA above Kansas gets colder than that.
>>
>Bergen during January
you can almost get a sunburn kek
>>
Because it is.
Here if it's 15°C we wear a fucking hoodie because it's considered cold while scandis usually go full naked.

I also wonder how would Nordics react when the temperature in Greece reaches 40°C
>>
>>57117811
In North America 40C is straight up death for anyone above Virginia. I'd assume its similar for those in scandanavia
>>
>>57117811
People are different you know, some might like it while others not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPTMb2jwe1k
>>
Norwegians are fake Scandinavians

>mild weather
>sucks at hockey
>isn't totally autisitc
>sucks at memes
>sucks at video games
>>
File: smuggest pepe.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
smuggest pepe.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
>tfw grew up north of the arctic circle and pretty much spent the first 20 years of my life there
>it was completely livable

u mad non-gulf fags?++
>>
>>57117384
I saw places in Turkey which are colder.
>>
>>57118306
-40C during winter, but that is close to the Russian border if that counts.
>>
15°C is just the kind of weather where you hesitate going out in a just a shirt and decide wear a light sweater for health. If that were the temperature maximum of each summer, I'd be pretty sad desu.
>>
>>57117811
everything over 25 is too fucking hot to live

15-20 would be god-tier for year round weather but unfortunately we have -30 - +30
>>
>>57117811
>Here if it's 15°C we wear a fucking hoodie
I used a hoodie just for the heck of it when it was close to 40°C in Paris some years ago. I had to let it go when I was in the subway because of muh people. It became like a sauna down there
>>
>>57117384

I would imagine their proximity to the Atlantic means they benefit from the Gulf Stream effect.
>>
>>57117384
well there are two thing to consider every time a poster makes this fucking DUMBASS observation

The temperature depends a lot on where you live, Norway is big enough and have mountaints so you can experience cold weather here.

The second part is that no one in Norway is claiming that we have extreme temperatures and are just sitting around freezing our ass off. That's what foreigners think because you're a bunch of ignorant dumbasses.

also, consider that Norway is a very wet country and the combination of wet and cold is more miserable than extreme cold.
>>
>>57118306
Hockey is not a typical scandi thing when only 1 scandinavian country (Sweden) takes it seriously. And don't bring Winland into this because they aren't scandinavians.
>>
>>57118852
>15°C is just the kind of weather where you hesitate going out

It's warmer than 15°C during summer anon, the map only shows averages. If I remember correctly then I think Oslo had 33 days with temeratures in the 30°C range two years ago.
>>
Bergen best city ever
>>
>>57119615
wet n wild
>>
>less than 20°C average in hottest month
>not cold
>>
>>57118852
>>57120354
>what is the difference between daily mean and average high

The chart is daily mean which includes night as well.
>>
I find Sweden 2 hot sometimes
>>
File: 201507eh.png (22 KB, 945x745) Image search: [Google]
201507eh.png
22 KB, 945x745
>>57117811
I'd say here 40 is worth than in your place because we don't really have time to acclimatise as summers go zig-zag. In extreme cases it can be 13 one day and 40 a week or so later. You already have constant highs of 30 since May or so, without much variation, so you get more easily used to it
>>
>>57121059
>worth
*worse
>>
>>57117384
Add the humidity and wind along the coast and it's much colder in reality. The outdoor culture is also very big here, so people often spend their weekends and holidays up in the mountains in the winter. I live in southern Norway, and we had five days in a row with temperatures below -24°C (peaking at -29°C) when I spent my February holidays there. This Easter holiday was pretty mild though, only dropped to -15°C.
>>
File: 1493487301421.png (93 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
1493487301421.png
93 KB, 500x422
>>57121044
>tfw you live in an insulated houses with triple layered windows with no ac in the middle of the summer
>>
>>57117384
>negative temperatures

20-25ºC is the ideal temperature desu
>>
>>57121059
desu 40° is much more bearable when you know it's going to be over after a couple of days and not for the next 3 months
>>
File: file.png (31 KB, 702x232) Image search: [Google]
file.png
31 KB, 702x232
>>57117384

eh
>>
>>57121255
>insulated houses with triple layered windows

that makes it stay colder in summer, not hotter

dummie
>>
File: 01-156.jpg (53 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
01-156.jpg
53 KB, 800x600
>>57118306
Indoor sports are pretty gay desu
>>
>>57121217
>I live in southern Norway, and we had five days in a row with temperatures below -24°C
Southern Norway cannot into gulf stream like western Norway can
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.