[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do tourists from English-speaking countries (especially Americans)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 806756446.jpg (45 KB, 650x542) Image search: [Google]
806756446.jpg
45 KB, 650x542
Why do tourists from English-speaking countries (especially Americans) refuse to speak anything but English no matter where they go? Any place you go to you're guaranteed to find an American going "HELLO UHH YEAH CAN I GET LIKE, A CAPPUCINO AND A SANDWICH THANK YOU".

Seriously, nobody expects you to be able to speak the local language, but you could at least make some minimal effort and look up how to say "Hello" and "Thank you". It makes you look rude and dumb.
>>
>>57117164
When I went to Germany and tried speaking a few phrases they immediately responded in English.
>tfw I can never win
>>
File: tumblr_nnkul2J2tV1titub2o1_500.gif (84 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnkul2J2tV1titub2o1_500.gif
84 KB, 403x392
>tfw American calls you foreigner in your own country
>>
because we already cucked you into learning our language anyway
>>
>>57117227
>When I went to Germany and tried speaking a few phrases
top cuck
>>
>>57117164
>Seriously, nobody expects you to be able to speak the local language, but you could at least make some minimal effort and look up how to say "Hello" and "Thank you

Except people immediately switch to English
>>
I always learned a few phrases but my family downright refused to even try, they just laughed at my attempts.
It was always me with the phrasebook and my parents seeking out people who coule speak English and talking extremely pedantically
Glad I can finally travel alone, I always dreaded holidays due to that embarassment.
>>
File: 1422231599230.jpg (29 KB, 238x357) Image search: [Google]
1422231599230.jpg
29 KB, 238x357
>kraut expects me to learn even one word of arabic so i can say hello when i visit his country

nah
>>
I always get a phrase book before going to a foreign country, because my parents taught me manners.
>>
>>57117164
>implying they can speak potatotongue
>>
>>57117365
>>57117450
>phrasebook
I feel like that'd almost be part of the experience.
Like you dont just travel there for the sights, but also the culture and the language.
>>
>>57117164
You're retarded, english is the lingua franca and if you're working in the tourist business and can't speak it get another job.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.