[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will there ever be another chance to live the good life, or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: germany.png (48 KB, 366x480) Image search: [Google]
germany.png
48 KB, 366x480
will there ever be another chance to live the good life, or is zero unemployment gone forever?
>>
File: dexterdunno.png (427 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
dexterdunno.png
427 KB, 571x540
>>57098465
Why is the East German flag superimposed over South Korea?
>>
>>57099284
Its not
thats what East Germany was shaped like
>>
>>57098465
I hope you're not implying East Germany was 'good' by any measure.
>>
>>57099585
22k usd GDP per capita with much higher purchasing power & full employment doesn't sound so bad to me
>>
>>57099743
I am sure people that were impressed by pineapple and fresh cucumber were living luxurious lives.
>>
>>57099743
no personal freedom, shit living conditions, awful environmental record, shit employment, zero privacy, propaganda everywhere, Stasi smashing your house up if you even look the wrong way, WAY worse living conditions than the West for everyone, even the richest East Germans were maybe akin to middle class in the West, so shit they can't ever let you leave the country, longer working hours for less pay, entertainment is minimal and most art is banned, large gatherings are banned as well.
>>
>>57098465
Only good things about this country was the anthem and the military parades
>>
>>57099853
the point of east germany wasn't to have rich people tho, it was to avoid having people who struggle to survive
>>
>>57099743
You do realize that several thousand people did their damndest to try and get out of East Germany and that many died doing so right? That's not exactly the hallmark of a very swell place to live.
>>
>>57100004
sure its not for everyone, but there are plenty of people who enjoyed life there, and plenty of people who would have considered immigrating to there. if the option existed to live in a place like that, there are many people who would go. it was a NEET paradise
>>
>>57100134
You appear to have a severely misconstrued idea of what East Germany was.
>>
>>57099956
ideally you would want people not living in destitution either

its hilarious considering even the poorest Westerners were far above the average Easterner in terms of quality of life.

and considering even in the late 80s there were millions living without basic infrastructure like heating or running water that is pretty sad.

honestly the BIGGEST source of income for the East was selling political prisoners to the West so they could be free.
>>
>>57098465
>Luggage
>Airport
>Pyongyang
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.