[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your country have a lot of "cord cutters"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 1293999693715.jpg (66 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
1293999693715.jpg
66 KB, 460x288
I've heard strange things here about Britain making you have a license for a television.

idk if its true or not.

I was watching this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11jdstrD6ws

And it got me thinking about media technology around the world.

For example, when we lost our embassy in Libya, it was said to be over a YT video, and I thought "Thats odd, how do people in the desert get Youtube?"

My point is that I think tv is becoming antiquated, but it may still have some purpose in the 'third world' because broadcast means you dont need a lot of internet infrastructure.

But here in the developed nations, I dont think TV has much of a future.

So do a lot of people in your country still keep or use TVs, or is everyone going to the web.

I would think that Scandinavia with all its high speed net would barely have a tv left.
>>
File: 1330547346462842.jpg (40 KB, 461x370) Image search: [Google]
1330547346462842.jpg
40 KB, 461x370
I guess this is West Coast/Latin America/AU-NZ time.

Surely NZ has something to say about internet media.

I hear their ISPs are brutally restrictive on data rates.

(and they have the cutest birds ever.)
>>
The only ones watching regular tv is old people, the same ones buying newspapers. Young people use netflix and similar services. I don't even have a tv, last time I watched regular television must have been the last World Cup at a friends house.
>>
I made the mistake a year ago of introducing my mother to those android boxes that you can stream free tv shows on, and now every time I visit I'm setting them up for her gaggle of facebook friends.

Seems like everyone around me is migrating towards internet streaming
>>
TV was never an outlet like in Anglo nations; that sort of 'free time' is a huge luxury. Not only that but TV sets were very expensive until low cost LCD panels came out. By the time LCD TVs were cheap the smartphone came out and people just went back to streaming movies and other American shows

td:lr no one cares about TV only Americans or Brits
>>
File: kim-dotcom.jpg (76 KB, 950x696) Image search: [Google]
kim-dotcom.jpg
76 KB, 950x696
>>57100531

Sweden is a good example. You guys are said to have super internet.

>>57100651

Its pretty much my sole source. I only use tv for local news and PBS

>>57100702

I am curious about Europe and especially East Europe, but I picked the wrong time to ask them.

I am curious what Latin America and NZ is like though. And northern Canada.
>>
Yeah I have a smart TV which allows you to stream videos through the wifi and I have it setup where you can stream shit from tpb/putlocker/etc. in HD for free along with a netflix account and using my parents cable password to get the sports/tv network streams.

It actually works pretty well and I haven't had any problems with connection. I could see more people doing this, in fact my parents are considering it.
>>
>>57101002

That sound pretty cool.
>>
File: 1350089671667.jpg (22 KB, 260x312) Image search: [Google]
1350089671667.jpg
22 KB, 260x312
bump for /int/y insights
>>
File: 1282781144679.jpg (30 KB, 477x251) Image search: [Google]
1282781144679.jpg
30 KB, 477x251
Well its bed time here, /int/

Thanks for the insights. Maybe I'll hear more if I try later.

Have a great night/day.

<3
>>
>>57097613
Consoles
>>
>>57097613
TV license in Britain pays for the BBC on television and radio. It's not about a contract, it's just like a tax. For which we get great benefits.

inb4 BBC is a communist, homosexual, Muslim SJW plot.
>>
>>57105445
BBC is pretty biased, moreso than the ABC at least.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.