[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hong Kong vs Singapore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 204x247
What is the difference between the two?
>>
>>57081508

One is upside down kebab Poland.
>>
>>57081508
their flags are different. Also if you look closely the flower country has clouds and kebap poland doesn't
>>
>>57081508
Nothing they are both smelly brown Asian rice people places
>>
Hong Kong - Amazing.

Singapore - Amazing airport for international airline transfers.
>>
File: donald-trump.jpg (28 KB, 397x206) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump.jpg
28 KB, 397x206
>>
>>57087383
why does he make this french mouth ?
>>
>>57081508
Lived in Hong Kong for a year and visited Singapore
Singapore like a delux tropical version of HK: it is cleaner and more multicultural. Also way more humid.
>>
singapore = death sentence for gum and drugs

hongkong= none
>>
Hong Kong is like china should be if it was governed by a western style democracy. Singapore is a draconian, cultureless shithole where thought crime is punishable by death.
>>
>>57087723
you cant govern 1.4 billion people with western style "democracy"
>>
>>57081508
Singapore is like Hong Kong before China got a hold on them.
>>
>>57087763
t. Zhang Ping Pong
>>
File: shutterstock_11389939_shanghai.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_11389939_shanghai.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
>>57081508
>Hong Kong: 93% Chinese
>Singapore: 73% Chinese
Guess which one is better
>>
>>57087796
hows **democraccy** in your country ?
>>
>>57081508
Singapore>Japan>Hong Kong>South Korea>rest of Asia
>>
>>57087763
I dare say you could govern 6.4 billion people with Westeern style democracy. The only thing getting in the way is /pol/ tier fuckstick dictatorshipboos like yourself
>>
>>57081508
Singapore, besides the silly personal freedom restrictions is a perfect, model city. Hong Kong is a cyberpunk city from a dystopian future. Singapore also has about as much culture as a middle eastern oil city, and Hong Kong is teeming with it.
>>
>>57087902
how do you deal with so much people tho in one country?

Youre going to have to split the country into like 4
>>
>>57087831
Shit but that's a problem with Russia, not democracy. We've only been one for 30< years anyway. Also there's countries with a much larger population than Russia that have a better democracy than us, so your point is invalid.
>>
File: 1451342118288.jpg (241 KB, 600x953) Image search: [Google]
1451342118288.jpg
241 KB, 600x953
>>57087902
>>57087902
even if they do become **western democracy**
they are going to fall into the hands of the jews and they will become liberal degenerates like us.
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (262 KB, 643x697) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
262 KB, 643x697
>>57088033
strong authoritarian governments like singapore and china is what keeps liberals away
>>
>>57088093
Why don't you go live in North Korea then you stupid faggot.
>>
>>57088151
that is a dictatorship
different
>>
Hong Kong used to be good but the Chinese are strengthening their influence over it and preparing for a complete takeover in 2047. It's gradually becoming yet another communist shithole, although I've heard it's still a pretty good place to live. And the girls are better.

Singapore is what China could have been if they hadn't gone full Mao. The big downsides are the weird personal freedom laws (although they're the reason why the people in Singapore are not complete fucking brainless savages like in China), the weather (hot as shit), and the large Muslim/shitskin population.

Overall they're pretty similar now, but Singapore will be a much better place to live if you're looking for a more permanent place and are taking the future into consideration.
>>
>>57081508
>What is the difference between the two?
HK is shit, Singapore is GOD TIER.
>>
File: japanese bubble butt.jpg (18 KB, 308x216) Image search: [Google]
japanese bubble butt.jpg
18 KB, 308x216
>>57088269

I probably won't survive to 2047, so no problem there.

How is HK becoming a commie shithole though. Last I heard they enacted laws to keep out the mainland chink scum.
>>
I visited Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau and Macau was probably the most uninteresting, dullest, cultureless place I'd ever been before
>>
>>57089634
>How is HK becoming a commie shithole though.
Well, last year's student protests are probably the best proof that it's happening. HK stood strong for a number of years, but they finally bent over and let themselves be fucked by China's tiny cock.

There's also a more recent story:

So there's a guy who ran a bookshop at the Hong Kong airport. They sold various books, including ones that did not agree with the Communist Party's "official" version of history and politics.

So what did they do? They kidnapped him and kept him for several months. After his return to HK, he now claims that he wasn't actually kidnapped, and that he will immediately stop selling books which are "sheer fabrication". All the bookshops at the HK airport are also being taken over by pro-Beijing puppet companies.

I'll post some sources too, so you don't think I'm just being anti-HK or something.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/24/hong-kong-book-editor-lee-bo-returns-home-disappear-missing
http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/education-community/article/1931064/hong-kong-airport-cuts-back-bookshops-page-one
>>
>>57087723
>Hong Kong
>Western style democracy
>>
>>57087902
Ummm then why did the age of democracy lead to 120 countries emerging since 1914?
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 640x1136
>>57088033
Not really.
>>
>>57089634
Kind of hard to do considering it's already 98% Chinese.

>>57089973
HK had no democracy under the UK's rule. What did this meme come from?
>>
>>57090556
>HK had no democracy under the UK's rule.
yes I'm sure they're better off as a Chinese puppet state.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.