[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it feel like to live in a city with less than 1 million
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: 1454696646627.jpg (242 KB, 1247x2000) Image search: [Google]
1454696646627.jpg
242 KB, 1247x2000
What does it feel like to live in a city with less than 1 million people?

Or in a tiny town with 100k-50k people or less?
>>
>>57073597
>buenos aires: the post
>>
Idk feels ok? I live in a city with 100k people even my area has over 6 million people living in it.
>>
Mine has 30k.

lots of driving to get anywhere; downtown is not very big
>>
>>57073597

Shit, I live in a state with less than one million people
>>
>>57073597
Does 1.5 million count?

Nevertheless I lived in a smaller town with only a few thousands (I heard 9k once), its kinda nice, everyone kinda knows everyone, well, you see the same faces everyday even if you never make contact.
>>
Boring.
>>
slow
>>
File: 1454892296370.png (62 KB, 461x403) Image search: [Google]
1454892296370.png
62 KB, 461x403
A bit over 7000 inhabitants here. Pretty dead
>>
>>57073597
I live in town where only 2-3 thousand people are living. Very comfy.
>>
>>57074032
Well, 1,5M is not a super big urban centre but it's considerably large I guess.
>>
>>57073597
It was pretty good to grow up in a small town.
I'm glad I live in a city now so it's not so dead, but I could see myself moving back to a small town/village when I get older.
>>
File: imagenet.jpg (22 KB, 379x300) Image search: [Google]
imagenet.jpg
22 KB, 379x300
>>57073597
feels comfy af
>>
In my country anything outside of a big city sucks to live in if you're not a kid.
>>
>>57073597
I live in a town of about 100k people. It's pretty nice
Small enough to have no really bad areas, but big enough to have shit to do without having to go to another town or city.

I have heard my town has more stuff to do and places to go to than other town its size (because of the university), but the people who told me this were from literal third or second world shitholes
>>
File: linko%CC%88ping.jpg (237 KB, 1170x365) Image search: [Google]
linko%CC%88ping.jpg
237 KB, 1170x365
>>57073597
I live in a mansion on the countryside with my parents, will be moving to a city with ~140k people in a few months

I'm a little scared
>>
>>57073597
300 people in my village. No turks, no slavs and no Sjws. Feels good. The only bad thing is that the internet is quite slow.
>>
>>57074525
I'd stay in the mansion if I were you, richboi.
>>
>>57074693
>no turks, no slavs, no sjws
>no mention of refugees
nice try Ahmed but you aren't fooling us
>>
>>57073597

i live in a 5k costal town, its crawling with french fags in the summer but its calm and comfy in the winter
>>
>>57073597
that's a cute boy
>>
>>57073597
There's only 2,500 people in my town. Slow,boring and shitty internet.
>>
>>57073597
Feels the same living in a metropolitan area of 35 odd million as a city with 300,000 to be honest.
>>
night is quiet I guess. I love that.
>>
1000ish people
>everyone knows everyone
>everyone waves on rural roads
>have to date out of town
>comfy childhoods
>community events are a big deal
>>
>>57075581
you don't really give a shit as a kid, though it gets boring as you grow up, especially for teenagers.
>>
alright mate alright
>>
>>57073597
It's quite poor if you compare it to big cities but it's very quite and chill there
>>
>>57075581
>have to date out of town

This. Everyone knowing everyone means drama and gossip spread faster than facebook. It's almost never a plus
>>
>>57073597
I've lived in a major metroplex
I've lived where my nearest neighbor was .5 miles away
and i now reside in a "metro area" with a population of about 1 million when taking surrounding counties into the equation and it's pretty comfy
>>
Small towns in Russia are mostly depressed criminal shit. I have a flat in 50k town and it has two ghettos with addicted people, criminals and shit, there are no jobs and it's population is decreasing because people moves to big cities.
>>
>>57075581
>trailer park boys
>>
>>57074693
>no Slavs
It's temporary, prepare your anus.
>>
300k here, it's ok. Big enough to be socially segregated, not big enough to have all the major stores. All the elite know eachother and you can get by without a car, depending where you live.
>>
75k here

Pretty comfy i think, doesn't feel as crowded as in Helsinki whenever i go there to visit my sis
>>
That's my gf's body.

She's really too scrawny for my tastes, I like thick. But hey I'm not kicking her out of bed. Her bony self isn't so comfortable to hug sometimes though.
>>
Population doesn't matter for me, because I stay in my room all day long.
>>
I live in a city with 200k+ people. I'd say it's pretty ideal because everything is within reach but there's still enough people that you don't know everyone. Also there are plenty of events because this is still the second biggest metro area in Finland. And visiting other countries and their big cities is probably more exciting as you don't live in one yourself.
>>
>>57076334
Tampere?
>>
>>57076381
That's a bingo.
>>
>>57073597
I wish I knew. I live in Gush Dan, which is a huge metropolitan area made out of about a dozen cities packed together. No matter where I go I see big crowds of people.

>tfw not living in a comfy quiet town
>>
>>57074195
What about the other thousands of people?
>>
>>57076418
Why don't you move?
>>
>>57075864
No way you can get away with so much, everyone drives at 16. I had so much fun touring with my friends and fucking around.

>>57076142
Close but just imagine everyone being richer
>>
>tiny town

That would be less than 2000 inhabitants
t. live in a town with less than 100 people
>>
>>57076473
Because I'm poor as fuck and there's work here
>>
>>57076454
My neighbors are basically nice people, but sometimes I annoy them, because they like rumors too much. I think this kind of things happens in every rural area on the earth.
>>
>>57073597
I just moved to one a year ago, feels comfy.
>>
I grew up in a small town of 14K. I wouldn't say everybody knew everybody, but if you had kids then you probably knew a looooot of other parents. You see the same familiar faces.

Currently living the in adjacent city, population 600K*. It's alright. It seems to me that there's a lot of connections ("you know so and so? why, I know so and so!"), but it's juuust big enough. not enough tall buildings desu.

*This figure is skewed by the fact that the borders of the city proper are gerrymandered to hell. but even if the population figure were more accurate, it still feels like a small city.
>>
>>57076587
You mean a village
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.